Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Amsterdam"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Amsterdam is the capital and largest city of the Netherlands, located in the province of North Holland in the west of the country.
- Amsterdam is a beautiful city in the Netherlands with impressive architecture, lovely canals that criss-cross the city, great shopping, and friendly people.
- Amsterdam is the capital city and an important port; the government of the Netherlands is situated in The Hague.
- Amsterdam was a central financial market and bookmarket in Europe but lost this position to London.
- Amsterdam is the capital of the Netherlands in a technical legal sense.
- Her diary tells the story of her life in hiding during the persecution of Jews in Amsterdam in World War II; she died in the Holocaust.
- Regular flights to Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Amsterdam, Vienna, and Jakarta are available, as well as destinations in Sumatra.
- Even though several venues were involved (Vienna, Amsterdam, New York), and many recordings were under live concert conditions, the DG engineers triumphed.
- The work of Alexandre Oliver Exquemelin (c.1645-c.1707) was originally published by Ten Hoorn in Amsterdam in 1678.
- I work in the archives in the provinces Groningen, Friesland and Drenthe and the City of Amsterdam.
- The Amsterdam Density Functional (ADF) package is a highly requested application in our work with IBM benchmarks.
- He was deeply struck by an exhibition of Cubism held in Amsterdam in 1911 which profoundly affected his later work.
- In 1838 he entered his first paintings in the Exhibition of Living Masters in Amsterdam and Rotterdam.
- The book is published to accompany the exhibition of the same name at the Rembrandt House in Amsterdam and at the J.Paul Getty Museum in Los Angeles.
- The train is the quickest and cheapest way to get to Amsterdam, or indeed anywhere else outside the vicinity of the airport.
- From Amsterdam go to Leiden and change over to the train to to Utrecht.
- Amsterdam Metro, Tram & Train is a route planner for the Metro, Tram and local National Rail network of Amsterdam.
- This four-star Grand Hotel Amstelveen is conveniently close to Amsterdam and only a few minutes from Schiphol airport.
- Only 10 minutes from Amsterdam - Centre For groups from 20 - 32 (36 max.) persons.
- At only 15 minutes from the international airport of Schiphol and 20 minutes from Amsterdam.
- Weenix is represented at most of the important continental galleries, notably at Munich, Vienna, Berlin, Amsterdam, and St Petersburg.
- By the year 2000, Western Europe's major cities (London, Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam, Geneva, Berlin, Rome, etc.) were connected by high-speed rail service.
- Paris was chosen to host the Games over bids of Amsterdam, Berlin, Los Angeles, Rio de Janeiro and Rome.
- U.S. venue of the traveling exhibition, which was previously shown in Amsterdam, Athens, Basel, Copenhagen, Hamburg, Istanbul, Munich, and Rome.
- Bob van Asperen has also been a member of the jury at several important harpsichord competitions such as those of Amsterdam, Paris, Nantes and Hamburg.
- When Bartholomeus van der Helst moved to Amsterdam in 1636, Rembrandt van Rijn was at the height of his popularity.
- He remained at a hotel in Amsterdam for five months and in 1940 moved to the city of Laren.
- Paris, Venice, Berlin, London, Amsterdam and New York City all hosted successful appearances as pianist and conductor.
- The many canals in Hamburg are crossed by over 2300 bridges — more than Amsterdam (1200) and Venice (400) combined.
- Accommodation at four, five stars and very cheap hotels in Amsterdam.
- Diemen is located in the province of North Holland directly to the east of Amsterdam within the capital's metropolitan area.
- The province of North Holland is divided into two major regions: North Holland North and the Amsterdam Region.
- The hotel is located almost at the beach of the picturesque seaside village of Egmond aan Zee, at 45 km from Amsterdam.
- Less than 20 kilometres from Amsterdam, you will find our cosy three-star hotel in the old centre of the picturesque Zuiderzee town of Edam.
- In 1665 he went to Antwerp, where he remained till 1678, in which year he probably returned to Amsterdam.
- An advisable city to attend at this day is Amsterdam, because it's one of the largest events of the year there.
- In the same year, Rembrandt became a burgess of Amsterdam and a member of the local guild of painters.
- There are also Catholic universities at Nijmegen and Tilburg and a Calvinist university at Amsterdam.
- ICE trains also serve Amsterdam (The Netherlands) as well as Liège and Brussels (Belgium).
- Amsterdam distributed grain to the major cities of Belgium, Northern France and England.
- Includes information on France, Belgium, Amsterdam and Venice with opinions and photos.
- Maybe Berchem went to Italy after this trip and before he moved to Amsterdam - he is not clearly documented in the Netherlands between 1650 and 1656.
- In 1670 he moved back to Haarlem, but Berchem died in Amsterdam in 1683.
- April 14 - In the Netherlands, thieves steal 20 paintings worth $500 million from the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam.
- His paintings are exposed in The Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam and the Mauritshuis in The Hague.
- These paintings were sold the year after in Amsterdam in a much studied auction, published by Gerard Hoet.
- Its largest city, Amsterdam with about 750,000 inhabitants in its own municipality, belongs to one of the smaller European capitals.
- Inhabitants of Jacobswoude depend on Alphen aan den Rijn, Leiden and Amsterdam for facilities not offered in the smaller villages.
- In summer, especially Zandvoort draws many inhabitants of Amsterdam.
- Wegener NV, based in Apeldoorn and listed on the Amsterdam stock exchange, is a company focusing on the information-, and direct marketing industry.
- Elsevier is a global business headquartered in Amsterdam, The Netherlands and has offices worldwide.
- The Zuiderzee (Southern Sea) was the main transport route from Amsterdam to the North Sea and the Hanseatic League cities.
- It is hypothesised that the now- poldered tidal inlets of Medem (near Medemblik) and IJ (near Amsterdam) once were branches of river IJssel.
- Medemblik is only 55 km away from downtown Amsterdam and 35 km from the North Sea beaches.
- Salzburg Airport has scheduled flights to European cities such as Frankfurt, Vienna, London, Amsterdam and Zürich, as well as Hamburg or Dublin.
- The other one, Deurne, is close to Antwerp and has less frequent flights to Amsterdam, London, Liverpool and Dublin only.
- The Bildeberg Hotel Jan Luyken is a deluxe hotel quietly located in the cultural heart of Amsterdam, next to the Rijksmuseum and the Van Gogh Museum.
- The newly renovated Bilderberg Hotel Jan Luyken is a charming and elegant four star boutique hotel in the cultural heart of Amsterdam.
- It is a part of the municipality of Zaanstad, and lies about 11 km northwest of Amsterdam.
- The exhibition is officially opened in Amsterdam as part of the award ceremony in April and can be seen at venues around the globe until the next year.
- Blaeuw (Amsterdam, Rijksmus.), which formed part of the same series as Rembrandt's 'Night Watch' (Amsterdam, Rijksmus.).
- Driving directions: From the airport take the A4 to Amsterdam, then Utrecht and take exit 5 for Breukelen, turning left immediately.
- Rutger Hauer was born on January 23, 1944 in Breukelen, Netherlands to drama teachers Arend and Teunke, Rutger Hauer grew up in Amsterdam.
- Fabritius (born 1624 in Middenbeemster, Netherlands; died 1673 in Amsterdam) was a Dutch painter.
- The architect of the Church of Middenbeemster was the famous Hendrick de Keyser who built the Dam palace in Amsterdam.
- Peter Stuyvesant brought the first tea to America to the colonists in the Dutch settlement of New Amsterdam (later re-named New York by the English).
- Under the later administration of Peter Stuyvesant, the colony prospered and by the 1650s, about 1,000 were living in New Amsterdam.
- A beautiful apartment with a garden in the heart of Amsterdam, The Jordaan.
- Hotel Roemer is situated in a quiet street in the heart of Amsterdam.
- Hotel Pulitzer is situated in the heart of Amsterdam and framed by 2 of the most famous concentric canals: the Prinsengracht and the Keizersgracht.
- The Hotel De Looier is a recently renovated 3 star hotel within walking distance of most of the major tourist attractions in Amsterdam.
- Hotel Heemskerk is the smallest 3 star hotel in Amsterdam.
- The Novotel Amsterdam Airport is a 4 star hotel ideally located in a quiet area around Schiphol Amsterdam Airport, which is only 5 km away.
- The Amstel Botel; Amsterdam; Netherlands;is a modern and luxurious floating 3* hotel.
- Amstel Botel is a floating hotel located in the centre of Amsterdam.
- The Amstel Botel is a 3-star hotel located on a boat moored close to the NDSM-shipyard in Amsterdam North.
- Franklin Edmundo Rijkaard (born September 30, 1962 in Amsterdam) is a Dutch football manager and former player.
- Metsu was one of the founder members of the Leiden guild in 1648 but by 1657 was living in Amsterdam.
- He was born and died in Amsterdam, and painted there and in Antwerp, though his genre scenes were influential in Italy.
- Euronext Amsterdam - Netherlands - Exchange in the Netherlands, and the home marke for Dutch shares, bonds, warrants, options and futures.
- It is quoted on the London Stock Exchange and Euronext Amsterdam, and is a member of the FTSE 250 index of shares.
- The derivatives activities of the other constituent exchanges of Euronext (Amsterdam, Brussels, Lisbon and Paris), were merged into Euronext.liffe.
- Rotterdam is the second largest city in the Netherlands (after Amsterdam), located in the province of South Holland.
- The impetus came largely from Amsterdam, which still resented the 1838 relocation of the court of appeal to The Hague in South Holland.
- Intercity trains to the northern city of Haarlem connect Maastricht with Eindhoven, Utrecht and Amsterdam, amongst others.
- The Amstel Gold Race has never started in Amsterdam, Rotterdam or Utrecht and it never again started in Breda.
- In addition, trains also head north from Breda to Amsterdam and east to Den Bosch – Nijmegen.
- Trumpets sounded the Wilhelmus when Prince Maurice visited Breda, and again when he was received in state in Amsterdam in May 1618.
- Hotel Haarlem Zuid is a large 4* hotel in Haarlem, near important Highways, Zandvoort (beach), Amsterdam and the airport Schiphol.
- With a central location on the A4 motorway, the North Sea beaches of Zandvoort and the centres of Haarlem and Amsterdam are easily accessible.
- The hotel is situated opposite the race track in Zandvoort, and is just a 20 minute drive from Amsterdam and Amsterdam Airport Schiphol.
- On his return to the Netherlands he lived in Hoorn and then in 1653 settled in Amsterdam.
- Direct intercity services connect Zwolle to Amsterdam as well as Schiphol Airport.
- The national airport (Amsterdam Schiphol Airport), is located at about 100 kilometers from Zwolle.
- He served as professor of harpsichord at the Academy of Music from 1952 to 1955 and as professor of harpsichord at the Amsterdam Conservatory from 1954.
- Enamored of the recorder from an early age, she studied at the Amsterdam Conservatory and the Royal Conservatory in The Hague with Frans Brüggen.
- He studied piano at the Amsterdam Conservatory with Jaap Spaanderman and harpsichord at the Brabant Conservatory with Jaap Spigt.
- In 1966, Goldberg studied harpsichord with Gustav Leonhardt in Amsterdam, which set her on a course to make the Bay Area a center for early music.
- In 1970 he went to study with Gustav Leonhardt at the Amsterdam Conservatory from which he graduated in 1974.
- World > Countries > European Union > Netherlands
- Packages > Tourism > Hotels > Hotel
- Population > Settlements > Cities > City
- Countries > European Union > Netherlands > Holland
* Amstel River
* Amsterdam Central Station
* Amsterdam City Centre
* Amsterdam Schiphol
* Anne Frank
* Anne Frank House
* Central Station
* City Centre
* Den Haag
* Dutch Painter
* Karel Appel
* Meindert Hobbema
* Otto Frank
* Oude Kerk
* River Amstel
* Schiphol Airport
Books about "Amsterdam" in