Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Anita Baker"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Anita Baker (born January 26, 1958, in Toledo, Ohio) is a soul and adult contemporary Rhythm and blues singer.
- Anita Baker is simply legendary and this album is one of the pillars to support that claim.
- Anita Baker is one of a kind, an artist who has stood the test of time, who has established a unique place in the pantheon of contemporary music.
- Otherwise, Anita Baker is one definitive diva that still impacts everyone.
- Singers like Babyface, Regina Belle, and Anita Baker oughta show today's artists on how RnB ought to be made.
- The bass guitarist who has most influenced him is Nathan East, a studio musician who plays with Phil Collins, Eric Clapton, and Anita Baker.
- Adams's work has as much in common with the oeuvre of Oleta Adams, Anita Baker, and other pop singers as with the traditional gospel of decades past.
- Belle is a singer of sophisticated, jazz-infused quiet storm R&B, similar at times to Anita Baker, Oleta Adams, and Phyllis Hyman.
- ANITA BAKER), the listener is taken back to a time when MALE singers put a little bit of thought and feeling into their lyrics and music.
- Baker embarked on a concert tour in 2008, entitled An Evening with Anita Baker.
- She is the result of an island upbringing in Kingston, Jamaica, saturated with such outside influences as Lauryn Hill, Stevie Wonder and Anita Baker.
- Aliciadine's other musical influences include CeCe Winans and Anita Baker.
- It was this album which established Anita Baker as a world-wide musical tour de force.
- I remember Anita Baker actually called MCA to thank us and to say that it was one of the best songs she'd ever heard but it didn't work for her album.
- Many modern artists, however, have claimed Sarah Vaughan as a major influence, chief among them Teena Marie, Anita Baker and Amy Winehouse.
- With her classy, refined brand of romantic soul, Anita Baker was one of the definitive quiet storm singers of the '80s.
- TLC, Goodie Mob, Anita Baker, Whitney Houston, and Bobby Brown were just a few of the artists who passed through those doors.
- Still, many soul singers rose to prominence such as Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Anita Baker, and Sade.
- The genre achieved great mainstream success during the 1980s with artists like Luther Vandross, Anita Baker and Sade.
- She grew up listening to songs of Anita Baker and Luther Vandross, the latter whom she eventually collaborated with.
- In 1988, Blige recorded an impromptu cover of Anita Baker s Rapture at a recording booth in a local mall.
- Anita Baker (born January 26, 1958, in Toledo, Ohio) is an African American soul and adult contemporary Rhythm and blues singer.
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Time > Events > Rapture
- Arts > Music > Singers > Luther Vandross
- January 26
Books about "Anita Baker" in