Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Anita Bryant"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Anita Bryant (born March 25, 1940, in Barnsdall, Oklahoma) is an American singer who made a series of television commercials for Florida orange juice.
- Anita Bryant was a fine singer in the 1960s, beside being a runnerup in Miss America 1958.
- Anita Bryant was a singer, beauty queen, and celebrity spokesperson who became best known for her work in favor of bigotry against gays and lesbians.
- Anita Bryant was a household name throughout the 70's as the world's most famous orange juice salesman.
- Anita Bryant is a good example on the other side.
- In several episodes of the first season of TV's Soap, the gay character of Jodie Dallas refers to Anita Bryant as an anti-gay reference.
- Anita Bryant organized the first major opposition movement to gay rights in America, based on fundamentalist Christian values.
- Seven years later, in 1976, in Dade County, Florida, Anita Bryant led the first religious campaign against gay rights.
- After all, the equally dread Miss Anita Bryant is a leading interpreter of homosexual methods and practices.
- Homosexuals and conservative Christians are now prominent on the national stage, and Anita Bryant has disappeared from sight.
- For many people today, Anita Bryant may not be a household name.
- Anita Bryant led a highly publicized campaign to repeal the ordinance.
- Gay bars all over North America took screwdrivers off their drink menus and replaced them with the "Anita Bryant", which was made with vodka and apple juice.
- ANITA BRYANT built her campaign on hatred and lies and succeeded in repealing a civil rights ordinance for gays in Miami's Dade County.
- Television Commercials
- Gay Bars
- Gay Rights
- American Singer
- Fine Singer
Books about "Anita Bryant" in