Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Answer Song"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Answer Song is a very well-rounded and accessible book of autobiographical poetry that is so casual and contemporary it never seems like poetry.
- An answer song (or answer record) is, as the name suggests, a song (usually a recorded track) made in answer to a previous song by another artist.
- Wells wasn't enamored of the tune, an answer song to Hank Thompson's hit “The Wild Side of Life,” but decided to take a chance on it.
- It was an answer song to Hank Thompson 's #1 hit at the time, "The Wild Side of Life".
- Wells then released a series of major hits, including "Paying for That Back Street Affair" (1953, answer song to Webb Pierce 's "Back Street Affair").
- In 1958, Robinson met songwriter Berry Gordy, who co-wrote for them the single "Got a Job", an answer song to the Silhouettes' hit single "Get a Job".
- Gordy and his colleague Billy Davis had written a song called "Got a Job" as an answer song to "Get A Job", a recent hit by The Silhouettes.
- Wild Side
- #1 Hit
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Society > Law > Answer
- Music > Singers > Country Singers > Webb Pierce
Books about "Answer Song" in