Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Anthropology"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Anthropology is the study of humanity, in the broadest sense.
- Anthropology is a social science.
- Anthropology is a science of humankind.
- Anthropology is the study of human behavior.
- Anthropology is a career that embraces people of all kinds.
- Physical anthropology diverges from other disciplines of biology by its focus.
- Physical anthropology is the branch that concentrates on the biology and evolution of humanity.
- Human evolution draws from broad scientific disciplines, most notably physical anthropology and genetics.
- Vernall, D. G. Study of the density of pigment granules in hair from four races of man, American Journal of Physical Anthropology (1964) 21:489-496.
- An electronic journal published by the Bureau of Applied Research in Anthropology at the University of Arizona.
- All are valuable resources for beginning and advanced students in sociocultural anthropology.
- Reviewed and categorized directory of resources on archaeology, anthropology, and ancient civilizations.
- Dawson's support for anthropology created impetus for the profession in Canada.
- True anthropology began with a Government department: the Geological Survey of Canada, and George Mercer Dawson (director in 1895).
- The first academic position in anthropology at a Canadian university was awarded to Thomas McIlwraith at the University of Toronto in 1925.
- Published by the department of anthropology of the University of Laval, Québec, Canada.
- Anthropology: Skeletal Analysis (h) Animal effects on human remains.
- Anthropology: Skeletal Analysis (f) Bone pathology and ante-mortem trauma in forensic cases.
- Journal for Applied Anthropology Free online journal for anthropologists.
- The online edition of the Bulletin of Information on Computing and Anthropology (BICA).
- Anthropology Review Database (ARD) - Publishes reviews of all anthropological media and citations for reviews published elsewhere.
- In the UK and other countries, archaeology is a separate discipline in its own right, although it retains strong links with anthropology and history.
- This collection of links comes from the Anthropology Department of University of California at Santa Barbara.
- California Academy of Sciences Department of Anthropology - features online exhibits and collection database.
- Lists major electronic research resources in anthropology and provides links to selected important web sites.
- Today, social anthropology in Britain engages internationally with many other social theories and has branched in many directions.
- The British Association for Social Anthropology has called certain scholarships ethically dangerous.
- Till the early 20th century anthropology was an elite science.
- Anthropology became an effective humanitarian technology of the 21st century.
- This changed towards the end of the century, when a turn to evolutionist Darwinian theory and German nationalism drove German anthropology towards racialism.
- For further information on Careers in Anthropology, contact Careers.
- Your attendance today at this Anthropology Careers Day workshop is a great start in your career quest.
- In the 1950s and mid-1960s anthropology tended increasingly to model itself after the natural sciences.
- Because it studies human biology in the context of human culture and behavior, physical anthropology is also a social science.
- Welcome to the Department of Anthropology in the College of Arts and Sciences at UNCW.
- Anthropology has origins in the natural sciences, the humanities, and the social sciences.
- Boasian anthropology was politically active and suspicious of research dictated by the U.S. government and wealthy patrons.
- Trotter, M. Form, size, and color of head hair in American whites, American Journal of Physical Anthropology (1930) 14:434-445.
- Hausman, L. A. Comparative racial study of the structural elements of human head hair, American Journal of Physical Anthropology (1925) 59:529-538.
- AnthroStudent - Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org APLA-L - Association for Political and Legal Anthropology.
- The philosophy of anthropology considers such issues as translation, the interpretation of magic and religious ritual, and cultural relativism.
- Other political controversies come from the emphasis in American anthropology on cultural relativism and its long-standing dismissal of the concept of race.
- NKU also offers a law degree, and anthropology majors typically are quite successful in law school.
- Such questions are part of a folk anthropology practiced in school yards, office buildings and neighborhood cafes.
- Gary Larson, famous for his "Far Side" cartoons, took every college elective in science, including anthropology and archaeology.
- It has wide support in anthropology and has a majority following in cultural studies.
- Cultural anthropology in the United States was influenced greatly by the ready availability of Native American societies as ethnographic subjects.
- Before WWII British 'social anthropology' and American 'cultural anthropology' were still distinct traditions.
- Scroll through a list of sites or take a shortcut to a category listing (such as Cultural Anthropology) or geographic area.
- Applying anthropology offers many opportunities to use anthropological perspectives and skills.
- Anthropology offers many lucrative applications of anthropological knowledge in a variety of occupational settings, in both the public and private sectors.
- It is considered, in North America, to be one of the four sub-fields of anthropology.
- Forensic anthropology is the application of the science of physical anthropology to the legal process.
- Three online activities and three lesson plans introduce forensic medicine, anthropology, technology, and history.
- They may teach medical anthropology in university anthropology departments, medical and nursing schools and in community-based settings.
- Many anthropology organizations exit on short funds, with minimal staff to handle press requests.
- Franz Boas established academic anthropology in the United States in opposition to this sort of evolutionary perspective.
- In the United States, archaeology is one of four fields of anthropology, the scientific study of humanity as a whole.
- My research interests focus on urban anthropology and the anthropology of social policy.
- The common focus of anthropology that separates it from other academic disciplines, is culture.
- My major interests in anthropology lie in prehistoric archaeology and in issues relative to the transformation of hierarchical societies.
- With the additional impact of the Great Depression and World War II, American anthropology developed a pronounced liberal-left tone by the 1950s.
- The publication of Alfred Kroeber 's textbook, Anthropology, marked a turning point in American anthropology.
- The journal of the Society for Humanistic Anthropology, a section of the American Anthropological Association.
- More information on college and university anthropology can be found in the American Anthropological Association's AAA Guide, published yearly.
- Anthropology can best be understood as an outgrowth of the Age of Enlightenment, a period when Europeans attempted systematically to study human behavior.
- Anthropology, then, is the study of human beings as cultural animals.
- A third division, linguistic anthropology, studies the nature of human languages.
- Modern anthropology is characterized by its breadth and diversity of approaches to the study of variability in human behavior.
- Additional degrees (i.e., MA, Ph.D.) in relevant areas such as applied anthropology, cognitive psychology, human factors.
- Expertise in ethics, inter-disciplinary approaches, material culture, public anthropology is desirable.
- Writing books for the public on anthropology topics is a great way to excite people about your fieldwork, dissertation, or idea.
- Anthropologissts were recruited from England and the USA, setting the foundation for the unique Canadian style of anthropology.
- The Phoebe A. Hearst Museum of Anthropology - Explore the diversity of human cultures from around the world.
- The August 16, 2002 issue of USA Today ran a letter to to editor praising liberal arts subjects like anthropology.
- In particular, anthropology carries out unique examination in one of the modern and most tragic, urgent problems: racial and ethnic conflicts.
- By the 1970s the authors of volumes such as Reinventing Anthropology worried about anthropology's relevance.
- The Ur-list of Anthropological Web Resources - Compiled by Peter Biella, the Ur-List has a special emphasis on visual anthropology and media.
- Biocultural anthropology is a broad term used to describe syntheses of cultural and biological perspectives.
- Additional information on careers in anthropology is available from AAA.
- Anyone with a professional or scholarly interest in anthropology is invited to join.
- This category is for stub articles relating to anthropology.
- The Category of the Person: anthropology, philosophy, history.
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Society > Social Sciences
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Society
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Nature > Life > Behavior
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Information > Science
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Thought > Cognition > Cognitive Science
Books about "Anthropology" in