Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Apple Butter"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Apple butter was a popular way of using apples in colonial America, and well into the 19th century.
- Apple butter is also used on a sandwich to add an interesting flavor, but is not as commonly used as in historical times.
- History: Apple butter was one of the favorite sweets during the colonial and pioneering historical eras of the United States.
- It is often applied to spread fruit products such as apple butter.
- Typically seasoned with cinnamon, cloves, and other spices, apple butter may be used as a side dish, an ingredient in baked goods, or as a condiment.
- In Jersey, in the Channel Islands, apple butter is known as "black butter" or "lé nièr beurre" and has liquorice among its spices.
- The concentration of sugar gives apple butter a much longer shelf life as a preserve than apple sauce.
- Combine apple butter, sugar, mustard and nutmeg in a small bowl; stir well.
- Applejack or apple brandy: Unsweetened apple juice concentrate; apple juice; apple cider; or apple butter.
- Dutch and German settlers in Pennsylvania gave us recipes for their slaw, bologna sausage, apple butter, chicken pot pie, and dumplings.
- The Pennsylvania Dutch often include apple butter as part of their traditional seven sweets and seven sours dinner table array.
- The concentration of sugar gives apple butter a much longer shelf life as a preserve than applesauce.
- Fresh cider, pears, chestnuts, squash, pumpkins, apple butter and jelly, dried gourds, crafts and more.
- In another bowl, whisk together egg, brown sugar, apple butter, maple syrup, cider, yogurt and oil.
- Apples are also made into apple butter and apple jelly.
- Traditionally a breakfast food, goetta is often served with apple butter, ketchup, syrup, sugar, grape jelly,honey, or eaten by itself.
- Scrapple is usually eaten as a breakfast food, and can be served plain or with apple butter, ketchup, pancake syrup, or even mustard and accompanied by eggs.
- Apple butter, cider, caramel apples, honey, jams and jellies, maple syrup and pumpkins.
- Selling apples, cider, apple butter, honey, jams, jellies, maple syrup, pumpkins, gift baskets to order.
- Apple Cider
- Apple Juice
- Apple Brandy
- Humans > Health > Meals > Goetta
Books about "Apple Butter" in