Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Aretha Franklin"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Aretha Franklin is one of the giants of soul music, and indeed of American pop as a whole.
- Aretha Franklin is one of those artists that epitomizes a particular style of music.
- Aretha Franklin is a gospel, soul and R&B singer born in Memphis, Tennessee.
- Aretha Franklin is a national treasure and a pioneer, not just in soul music, but also in a social context.
- Aretha Franklin is called "The Queen of Soul" and "Lady Soul," nicknames that are a tribute to her regal style and impassioned gospel-tinged vocals.
- Aretha Franklin (born March 25, 1942) is an iconic American gospel, soul and R&B singer born in Memphis, Tennessee, but raised in Detroit, Michigan.
- She began singing church music at an early age, and recorded her first album, The Gospel Sound of Aretha Franklin, for the Checker label at age 14.
- Singing sensations such as Chaka Khan, Mariah Carey, Mary J Blige and Whitney Houston have been inspired by the exploits of a lady known as Aretha Franklin.
- Rhythm & Blues singers such as Patti LaBelle, Aretha Franklin, and Chaka Khan also left a strong impact on young Fantasia.
- The album includes Aretha Franklin's historical rendition of Pavorotti's "Nessun Dorma" from the 1998 Grammy's.
- Aretha Franklin also took hone her lifetime achievement Grammy that night.
- Clarkson sang a rendition of Aretha Franklin’s “Respect” which garnered her a top 10 position.
- The next song chosen by BB is performed by the artist Aretha Franklin , and is a song called Let Me In Your Life .
- Aretha Franklin's career has spanned more than 40 years and continues to inspire younger artists such as Whitney Houston and Lauryn Hill.
- It hurts like hell and Aretha Franklin lyrics and samples.
- Aretha Franklin Lyrics He encouraged Franklin to deliver songs using her powerful, rafter-rumbling gospel-tinged voice.
- Of The Mind Shepard Just keep in mind: do your research, market your services, and treat the homeowners and lenders with respect Aretha Franklin Lyrics .
- Aretha Franklin pictures and biography.
- Aretha Franklin links, biography, lyrics, reviews, discography and a message board.
- Last check: ) Aretha Franklin's music is steeped in the traditions of the church.
- The best Aretha Franklin sites and pictures.
- Aretha Franklin pictures, image gallery, wallpapers, screen savers, desktop themes, song lyrics, mp3, and bio.
- Citing temperatures in the 90s, Aretha Franklin called off a planned evening concert in at Detroit's DTE Energy Music Theater.
- Aretha Franklin announced she has canceled her hometown concert Sunday night at an outdoor amphitheater in suburban Detroit, citing heat exhaustion.
- Bland's glottal gargle sound was patterned after Aretha Franklin's father, the Reverend C. L. Franklin.
- And, it probably goes without saying, but Aretha Franklin is a brilliant vocalist.
- This European-issued hits set by Aretha Franklin is a two-disc affair and spans her entire career.
- Aretha Franklin, r&b music artist - booking agent.
- AskMen.com - Aretha Franklin Aretha Franklin is one of those artists that epitomizes a particular style of music.
- In addition to Cooke, another major presence in Knight---s childhood that has moulded her career is Lady Soul herself, Aretha Franklin.
- July 6, 1985: ---Freeway of Love,--- by Aretha Franklin, marks the soul diva---s return to the Top Ten for the first time in more than a decade.
- Im 13 years old I love Aretha Franklin she has the most amazing voice.
- Aretha Franklin followed the footsteps of her singing sisters and already had cut a record by the time she was fourteen years old.
- Heavily influenced by soul greats such as Sam Cooke and Aretha Franklin, Knight has released four studio albums and one compilation collection to date.
- February 8, 1997: Aretha Franklin is inducted into the NAACP’s Hall of Fame at the annual Image Awards.
- January 21, 1987: Aretha Franklin is inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame at the second annual induction dinner.
- Aretha Franklin Aretha Franklin is the undisputed “Queen of Soul --- and the first woman inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
- August 1, 1960: Aretha Franklin records four demos in New York City, which lead to a contract with Columbia Records.
- October 1965: Aretha Franklin---s last recording session for Columbia Records paves the way for her signing to Atlantic Records in 1966.
- Aretha Franklin left Columbia for Atlantic and producer Jerry Wexler was determined to bring out her most soulful, fiery traits.
- Soul singer Aretha Franklin, the ---Queen of Soul,--- is also a grand diva of pop music.
- Clive Davis, without notes, held the podium and recalled the friend he employed to produce tracks for Aretha Franklin and Dionne Warwick.
- Learn about the life of Aretha Franklin at Biography.com.
- Aretha Franklin's emotional excitability is very strong and she tends to be high-strung and impatient.
- The U.S. singer Aretha Franklin defined the golden age of soul music of the 1960s.
- Aretha Franklin's roots are purely gospel based.
- Aretha Franklin (1942 - ) Gospel singer known as the "Queen of Soul;" born in Memphis.
- About me: Aretha Franklin is a American soul, R&B, and gospel singer, songwriter, and pianist.
- For those of you too young to remember, and yes she is still singing up a storm, Aretha Franklin is a fabulous singer that started out in the 60s.
- In 1981, Arista released " Love All the Hurt Away " with production by Mardin, with Aretha Franklin co-producing two cuts.
- Aretha Franklin's lyrics [ 24 lyric(s) in the database ] A Deeper Love.
- If you are not a talent buyer, we are unable to provide Aretha Franklin manager or management contact information.
- Lyrics to Aretha Franklin songs (multiple responses).
- Welcome to muchofun and our listing of song and music lyrics for Aretha Franklin.
- The 1 Best Directory Matches for lyrics aretha franklin respect.
- VH1 ranked Tina at #2 on their list of The Greatest Women in Rock (coming in second to Aretha Franklin).
- He played all the different styles, Joni Mitchell next to Aretha Franklin next to the Rolling Stones next to The Carpenters.
- But Eyen's creation, Effie Melody White, was closer to Aretha Franklin than to her nominal model, Florence Ballard.
- Numerous R&B female artists have made a strong impact in the music industry and set the stage for many more such as Aretha Franklin and Tina Turner.
- Artists featured in concert footage and interviews include Aretha Franklin, Ike and Tina Turner, Johnnie Ray, and more.
- This is the story of the very 1st personal version of the Usa Anthem, before Jimi hendrix, Aretha Franklin or Marvin Gaye ray Charles Whitney Houston.
- Aretha Franklin recorded Otis' Respect on the Atlantic label and it went to number one on the pop charts in the Spring of 1967.
- Blige's next album, simply entitled Mary found Blige teaming up with legends such as Elton John, Stevie Wonder, and Aretha Franklin.
- Jump To It is a Gold-certified*, chart-topping Aretha Franklin album, produced by the late Luther Vandross and originally released in the summer of 1982.
- Stone's music possesses a clear old school soul music influence, and her singing vocals recall those of Aretha Franklin.
- The beginning of his solo career, during early 1987, was a duet with soul music icon Aretha Franklin.
- Legendary bassist Jerry Jemmott (Aretha Franklin, King Curtis) joins the session, propelling the music forward with his celebrated soulful playing.
- Aretha Franklin is one of music's greatest talents, with 20 Grammy awards to her name.
- The label was far more successful with Aretha Franklin, who signed a couple of years after Patti LaBelle & the Bluebelles.
- Deep within her rich and powerful voice are the echoes of Aretha Franklin, Mavis Staples, Gladys Knight and other iconic divas of generations past.
- In 2001 Kid Rock began dating Playboy Playmate and actress Pamela Anderson, after the two met at a VH1 tribute to Aretha Franklin.
- Aretha Franklin is also the first woman ever to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
- Stevie Wonder, Aretha Franklin, the Temptations and others will be on hand later this month to celebrate Motown's 50th anniversary back home in Detroit.
- Aretha Franklin (born March 25th, 1942) began her R&B Soul path as a child singing gospel music in her childhood church.
- London, November 08: Singing legends Aretha Franklin and Stevie Wonder may perform at the 50th anniversary celebrations of record label Motown.
- Like several former gospel singers (Aretha Franklin, Wilson Pickett), he was molded into a more secular direction when he signed with Atlantic in the '60s.
- Through The Storm is the final 1980s album by Aretha Franklin, released on Arista Records in the spring of 1989.
- Jerry Wexler was one of the most highly-regarded A&R men in popular music history, a status bolstered by his accomplishments with Aretha Franklin.
- He led Aretha Franklin 's backup band, The Kingpins, and produced records, at first with Jerry Wexler and then by himself.
- When Sam Cooke, Ray Charles and Aretha Franklin began singing popular music, they brought melisma to more mainstream audiences.
- In 1953 he started to work for Atlantic Records and was involved in producing the Drifters, Ray Charles, Solomon Burke and Aretha Franklin.
- Vandross was inspired by the soul divas of the 1960s and 1970s: Dionne Warwick, Patti LaBelle, Diana Ross, and Aretha Franklin, whom he eventually produced.
- She led a successful career as a backup singer for such artists as Elvis Presley, Mahalia Jackson, and Aretha Franklin, and is now primarily a solo artist.
- He encouraged younger artists Aretha Franklin and Smokey Robinson to follow his lead.
- Burke came to prominence when soul music was a staple on AM radio as performed by himself and peers Otis Redding, Sam Cooke, and Aretha Franklin.
- Nevertheless, Whitfield released a version of the song by Gladys Knight & the Pips in an attempt to "out- funk Aretha Franklin 's " Respect ".
- The gospel-based soul of female performers like Aretha Franklin and Gladys Knight of The Pips had eclipsed the Supremes' pop-based sound.
- Patti Labelle, Mary J. Blige & Chaka Khan pay homage and show respect to Aretha Franklin by singing her songs.
- Blige cites Anita Baker, Aretha Franklin and Chaka Khan as three of the most influential vocalists in her life.
- Arts > Music > Gospel Music > Gospel Singers
- Music > Gospel Music > Gospel Singers > Gospel Singer
- Music > Singers > Soul Singers > Soul Singer
- Arts > Music > Singers > Soul Singers
- Culture > Arts > Visual Arts > Artists
Books about "Aretha Franklin" in