Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Army Corps"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Army Corps of Engineers officials, however, say no evidence has been found to indicate that termites undermined the integrity of the levees.
- There are over 2,900 soldiers assigned to the 43d ASG, and its mission is to provide combat support and combat service support to an army corps.
- The Strategic Army Corps (STRAC) is a U.S. Army command with a mission of high readiness.
- He ran the district in tandem with an Army Corps of Engineer officer who was in charge of engineering projects.
- Soon after he was appointed one of the surgeons of the First Division Hospital, Second Army Corps, and placed in charge of an operating table.
- For instance, the levees that broke weren't ones waiting for Army Corps of Engineer repairs as Democrats have implied.
- Anton Dostler took over the command on 5 January 1944 over the LXXV. Army corps.
- Due to the effects of his Gettysburg wound, though, he relinquished his command of the Second Army Corps in June 1864.
- Two months later, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers dumped enough sand into the newly formed inlet to rebuild that section of the island.
- Eventually, the Army Corps of Engineers began dredging the nearby channel, adding river silt to bolster the island.
- The US Army Corps of Engineers developed plans to rebuilt the protective barrier islands that had been washed out to sea along the coastal areas.
- A spokesman for the Army Corps of Engineers said the victims were contractors on their way to repair a canal.
- In 1873, Barton S. Alexander completed a report for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers that was the first attempt at creating a Central Valley Project.
- That month the Army Corps of Engineers finished temporary repairs of the canal breaches; a project of more permanent repairs is underway.
- The administration cut funding requested by the New Orleans district of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers for holding back Lake Pontchartrain's waters.
- The Army Corps of Engineers turned to the ADCIRC development group to help them understand what went wrong during Katrina.
- Combined with the levees-only river management strategy of the Army Corps of Engineers, the floods were a disaster waiting to happen.
- The 24-foot storm surge quoted by the Army Corps of Engineers was based on high water marks inside surviving buildings, of which there were but three.
- Mike Parker, the former head of the Army Corps of Engineers, was forced to resign in 2002 over budget disagreements with the White House.
- In 1908, elements of the Third Army and the Second Army Corps declared their opposition to the Sultan and threatened to march on the capital to depose him.
- For instance, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers requested $27 million for this fiscal year to pay for hurricane-protection projects around Lake Pontchartrain.
- Many branches of the armed forces were involved with the relief effort, including the Army Corps of Engineers, the Coast Guard, and the Marine Corps.
- The Army Corps of Engineers is rebuilding New Orleans's levees to withstand a Katrina-level event, not a Category 5 hurricane.
- Henceforth a mere pensioner of Charles XII, Stanisław accompanied Krassow 's army corps in its retreat to Swedish Pomerania.
- He was commissioned as a second lieutenant in the Army Corps of Engineers.
- His duties have ranged from those of a second lieutenant of infantry to commanding general of the Strategic Army Corps.
- Then it came under control of Leslie Groves of the Army Corps of Engineers.
- He took an active part in the uprising, defending Warsaw and leading an army corps in support of a rising in Greater Poland.
- The mayor said the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers was standing by to get the system running, but water levels must fall first.
- Army Corps of Engineers officials say they must determine whether human error played a role in the breaches.
- The Commander of the New Orleans district of the Army Corps of Engineers confirms levee breach and reports it to Vicksburg, MS headquarters.
- The commander of XIX Army Corps, Heinz Guderian, on 12 May had indicated that he wanted to enlarge the bridgehead to at least twenty kilometres.
- Prince Andrew, who had served as commander of the Second Army Corps during the war, was arrested.
- The commander of an army flew a flag of three horizontal stripes, red, black, red; while the commander of an army corps flew one of red, white, red.
- For more information on the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in Iraq, visit www.grd.usace.army.mil.
- The Army Physical Training Corps (APTC) is the British Army corps responsible for physical fitness and physical education.
- This march is held every year on 25th April, the anniversary of the landing of the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps (ANZAC) at Gallipoli in 1915.
- During the campaign of 1805, Bernadotte with an army corps from Hanover, co-operated in the great movement which resulted in the shutting off of Mack in Ulm.
- The Bush administration nixed a plan, proposed a year ago by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, to protect New Orleans from a disastrous hurricane.
- The Army Corps of Engineers had determined that it will take around 40 days to drain the water from New Orleans .
- Following Hurricane Katrina, the Army Corps of Engineers has instituted massive levee repair and hurricane protection measures to protect the city.
- In 1949, a post office was established, and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers constructed a road to Naknek.
- In the 1940s and 1950s, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers constructed a 25-km (15.5-mi) long road from King Salmon to Naknek.
- And Strock's own comments make clear the Army Corps knew a hurricane over category 3 strength could pierce the levees.
- Critics can point to numerous spending proposals or ideas submitted to the Army Corps about the levees and New Orleans that didn't materialize.
- The Orleans Levee Board and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, who share responsibility for the levees, stated afterwards that they had been unaware of this.
- In December 1942, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers took over construction of a road from Ledo to join the Burma Road.
- Leslie Groves was deputy to the chief of construction for the Army Corps of Engineers.
- Construction on the long-stalled Harvey Canal floodwall should begin in March, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers said today.
- On June 1, 2006, the Army Corps of Engineers took responsibility for the flooding in New Orleans caused by Hurricane Katrina.
- A US judge has ruled that negligence by the US Army Corps of Engineers led to massive floods in parts of New Orleans as Hurricane Katrina struck in 2005.
- The Army Corps of Engineers considers a breach a hole developing in a levee rather than an overrun.
- Encyclopedia of Finance. > Technology > Engineering > Engineers
- Countries > United States > Alabama > Hurricane Katrina
- European Union > Germany > Danube > Ulm
Books about "Army Corps" in