Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Art Davis"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Art Davis (born December 5, 1934) is a bassist, best known for his work with jazz musicians including John Coltrane, Dizzy Gillespie, and Max Roach.
- Bassist Art Davis was 45 when he finally had his first opportunity to lead his own record session.
- Longtime Coltrane bassist, Art Davis is joined by Jazz-giant Herbie Hancock on piano, Ravi Coltrane on saxophone and Marvin Smith behind the drums.
- However, most of the free-jazz bass players had studied it, too: Cecil McBee, Richard Davis, Art Davis, Henry Grimes, Peacock, and others.
- Animators, directors, and writers at the series included people such as Art Davis, Sid Marcus, Bob Wickersham, and, during its latter period, Bob Clampett.
- We hear Hubbard and Shorter feed off each other creatively, with Bernard McKinney on euphonium, Art Davis on bass and Elvin Jones on drums.
- Double bassist Art Davis dies at 73 (AP) AP - Art Davis, the renowned double bassist who played with John Coltrane and other jazz greats, has died.
- Toby the Pup is an animated cartoon character created by animators Sid Marcus, Dick Huemer, and Art Davis.
- Art Davis is a bassist, best known for his work with jazz musicians including John Coltrane, Dizzy Gillespie, and Max Roach.
- He lured away two Fleischer animators, Dick Huemer and Sid Marcus and assigned them to work with Art Davis to create a new series.
- Music > Musicians > Miles Davis > John Coltrane
- Musicians > Miles Davis > John Coltrane > Elvin Jones
- Musicians > Drummers > Jazz Drummers > Max Roach
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Society > Awards > Dizzy Gillespie
Books about "Art Davis" in