Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Art Songs"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Dickinson’s poetry has been used as texts for art songs by composers such as Aaron Copland, Nick Peros, and Michael Tilson Thomas.
- There has been an urgent need for a large collection of art songs in Spanish for voice studios.
- November 30, 2000 Here's a good CD to listen to while you're eating dinner Sometimes I wonder if it's altogether wise for opera singers to perform art songs.
- One division is between " art songs", " popular songs", and " folk songs ".
- One division is between " art songs", " popular music songs", and " folk songs ".
- Art songs often approach the status of folk songs when people forget who the author was.
- Copland's earliest compositions before leaving for Paris were short works for piano and some art songs, inspired mostly by Liszt and Debussy.
- When he left school in 1882, he had already composed more than 140 works, including 59 lieder (art songs) and various chamber and orchestral works.
- Studying in Paris From 1917 to 1921, Copland composed juvenile works of short piano pieces and art songs.
- Arthur Sullivan - Listing at the Lied and Art Songs Text Page with list of works linked to lyrics.
- Léo Delibes (1836-1891) - Alphabetical list of art songs, some with French texts and a few with English translations.
- The Lied and Art Songs Text Page: Franz Liszt - A list of vocal works linked to lyrics, many including English translations.
- Franz (Ferencz) Liszt Entry at the Lied and Art Songs Text Page with list of vocal works linked to lyrics, many including English translations.
- Popular songs are songs which may be considered in between art songs and folk songs.
- By far art songs constitute the greatest number of works by Cui; these include a few vocal duets and many songs for children.
- Price wrote other extended works for orchestra, chamber works, art songs, works for violin, organ anthems, piano pieces, and spiritual arrangements.
- He also wrote many Lieder (German art songs), and some piano pieces, choral works, and chamber music.
- Art songs may be more formally complicated than popular or folk songs, though many early Lieder by the likes of Franz Schubert are in simple strophic form.
- The poem has been used as the text for lieder (art songs for voice and piano) by many classical composers; a list appears here.
- Glinka also composed many art songs, many piano pieces, and some chamber music.
- Folk Songs
- Popular Songs
- Piano Pieces
- English Translations
Books about "Art Songs" in