Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Associated"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Associated was the government creation of the Tonarigumi (residents' committees).
- Associated are calcite, dolomite, forsterite, garnet, diopside, wollastonite and talc.
- More studies are needed to identify a place in therapy for eltrombopag in the treatment of thrombocytopenia associated with HCV cirrhosis.
- Zidovudine for the treatment of thrombocytopenia associated with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). A prospective study.
- The effect of interleukin 11 on thrombocytopenia associated with tyrosine kinase inhibitor therapy in patients with chronic myeloid leukemia.
- In some tropical countries, dengue infection is a known rather common cause of thrombocytopenia associated with fever.
- Thrombocytopenia associated with liver cirrhosis and hepatitis C viral infection: role of thrombopoietin.
- Acupuncture may be helpful in the treatment of diabetes, or complications associated with diabetes.
- No measures exist to prevent the initial condition, but early treatment may prevent any worsening of complications associated with this disease.
- Over time, the results from all institutions will help educate patients about the risks and complications associated with living liver donation.
- Endoscopic treatment of ulcers with higher risk of bleeding can decrease the rate of rebleeding, associated complications and even mortality [ 7 - 9].
- Patients who develop symptoms generally report symptoms that reflect associated complications.
- Early treatment with either drug reduces the severity and duration of influenza symptoms and associated complications.
- Treatment of AML is usually associated with severe and protracted myelosuppression along with other associated complications.
- Patients at extremes of age have an increased risk for infection and associated complications.
- Medical treatment of DM is designed to control blood glucose levels and to prevent the symptoms and complications associated with the disease.
- The following is a list of risk factors associated with the development of HRS in patients with cirrhosis who are nonazotemic.
- Insulin resistance and its involvement in multiple risk factors associated with type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Risk factors associated with death were lack of response to interferon-alpha (2.8-fold increase in risk), and diagnosis of HCC (5.1-fold increase in risk).
- In summary, the risk factors associated with periodontitis are defects to the immune system, diabetes, genetic predisposition, poor oral hygiene and smoking.
- A study of infectious intestinal disease in England: risk factors associated with group A rotavirus in children.
- Prevalence of risk factors associated with human papillomavirus infection in women living with HIV. Canadian Women's HIV Study Group.
- Higher risk (for breast cancer): A measure of the chances of getting breast cancer when factor(s) known to be associated with the disease are present.
- Syndrome: A combination of signs and symptoms that, when present together, are associated with a specific medical condition.
- Although the enzymes previously mentioned are present in tissues throughout the body, their elevation is most often associated with liver injury or disease.
- In CD patients, myocarditis was associated with heart failure in 5 patients and with ventricular arrhythmias (Lown class III-IVa) in 4 patients.
- Myocarditis is often associated with pericarditis, and many patients present with signs and symptoms that suggest concurrent myocarditis and pericarditis.
- Myocarditis is frequently associated with inflammation of other muscles in the body.
- Most commonly, patients have abdominal pain associated with altered bowel habits that consist of constipation, diarrhea, or both.
- Chest pain, tachypnea, nausea, abdominal pain, and headaches may also be associated with such use.
- Symptoms of stomach cancer include vague upper abdominal pain, which can be associated with poor appetite, and weight loss.
- Symptoms of IBS are abdominal pain or discomfort associated with changes in bowel habits in the absence of any structural abnormality.
- IBS-C symptoms include abdominal pain and discomfort associated with defecation or a change in bowel habits with features of disordered defecation.
- The EMLA cream reduces pain associated with injection and both agents synergistically reduce the discomfort associated with cryotherapy (21).
- Neutropenia (< 1000) not associated with decreased survival in HIV+ women (possibly in men, but not studied) DIAGNOSIS ANC <1000.
- Similarly, the development of insulin resistance and obesity is associated with a greater lipoprotein increment in women than in men (10).
- It is associated with a diet that is high in salt and low in fruits and vegetables, as well as with smoking, and is more common in men.
- Iron supplements were not associated with serum ferritin in our study, although they were significantly positively associated with transferrin saturation.
- Vigorous exercise was positively associated with bowel movement frequency in women although results for men were less clear.
- Levels of oleic and monounsaturated fatty acids in red blood cell membranes were positively associated with breast cancer risk.
- The prevalence of type 2 diabetes, often associated with obesity, reflects an underlying insulin resistance in the Mexican population generally.
- Obesity and insulin resistance are the factors associated with hypertension in type 2 diabetes, the more common type.
- Megaloblastic (pernicious) anemia may also be associated with type 1 diabetes, thyroid disease, and a family history of the disease.
- Chronic diseases such as diabetes and high blood pressure (hypertension) are also associated with an increased risk of developing kidney stones.
- It is associated with conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, coronary artery disease, and chronic kidney failure and patients on dialysis.
- Obesity can be associated with high blood pressure, or hypertension, in dogs, which, just as in people, can lead to a variety of complications.
- Countries with a diet high in meat and low in vegetables had the highest rates of the disease and olive oil was associated with a decreased risk.
- The common PPARgamma Pro12Ala polymorphism is associated with decreased risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Vitamin C intake is associated with a decreased risk of heart disease.
- Fatigue was associated with number of AIDS-related symptoms, pain, anemia (see below), poor physical functioning, psychological distress, and depression.
- This causes anemia and results in symptoms, such as pain, fatigue, and blood clots, associated with PNH.
- However, it is associated with more shortterm side effects, including nausea, headache, fatigue, burning, and itching.
- Astrovirus diarrhea is principally seen in young children 6 months to 2 years of age and may be associated with anorexia, fever, vomiting, abdominal pain.
- Diarrhea that is associated with more general illness such as non-cramping abdominal pain, fever, weight loss, etc.
- Fever, vomiting, dehydration, and severe diarrhea are associated with this disease.
- High levels of these types of fat in the blood are associated with an increased risk of atherosclerosis (clogged arteries).
- Patients with these diseases have antibodies in their blood which target their own body tissues, where they can be associated with inflammation.
- Lung cancer may cause other symptoms such as chest pain or haemoptysis (coughing up blood) and is frequently associated with smoking.
- LDL cholesterol is called "bad" cholesterol, because elevated levels of LDL cholesterol are associated with an increased risk of coronary heart disease.
- In patients with hypertension, use of propranolol has been associated with elevated levels of serum potassium, serum transaminases and alkaline phosphatase.
- Pancreatitis is also associated with elevated levels of blood triglycerides and other fats, which are often seen in people taking protease inhibitors.
- Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) infection is associated with several gastroduodenal diseases and its prevalence increases with age worldwide.
- Helicobacter pylori infection causes gastritis and peptic ulcers and is associated with the development of gastric cancer.
- In the stomach they are associated, in greater than 90% of all cases, with the bacteria called Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori).
- Although H pylori has been associated with the development of gastric cancer, some patients are negative for H pylori.
- Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori), the bacteria associated with peptic ulcers and gastric cancer, can be easily detected through a 13C-urea Breath Test.
- CONCLUSIONS: H pylori infection may be an important cause of gastric cancer; between 35% and 55% of all cases may be associated with such an infection.
- Venous thrombosis and PE constitute major causes of morbidity associated with many common medical conditions and surgical procedures.
- The decision was most sensitive to the degree of aversion to the morbidity associated with the procedure (pain, bleeding, inflammation).
- There is evidence of significant mortality and morbidity associated with osteoporosis.
- Statins have been shown to effectively lower LDL levels and reduce both mortality and morbidity associated with coronary heart disease by 30% [ 3].
- Prompt diagnosis and treatment of these syndromes can reduce morbidity associated with unrelieved pain.
- Perhaps the morbidity associated with obstruction after colonic resection could be reduced if patients were operated on earlier.
- Pancreatitis is associated with severe abdominal pain and excessive weight loss and can result in death.
- Gastrointestinal (GI) bleeding can occur from abnormal blood clotting, which can be result of a combination of complications associated with cirrhosis.
- Any rapid rise in blood pressure associated with METOZOLV ODT use should result in immediate cessation of metoclopramide use in those patients.
- PCP among these patients is associated with significant morbidity and mortality.
- Chronic hepatitis C is associated with significant morbidity (liver cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinoma) and mortality.
- The disease is highly contagious and associated with significant morbidity and mortality, especially in kittens.
- Music, which had developed to accompany dancing, had, by this time, evolved many forms and rhythms no longer associated with the dance.
- All forms of sickle cell disease can exhibit the complications associated with the disease.
- The associated minerals are goethite that forms the matrix for a variety of secondary minerals.
- The sphalerite there is associated with calcite, barite, and gypsum.
- It is often associated with barite, turquoise, galena, goethite, limonite, hematite and other iron minerals.
- Associated Minerals are wulfenite, limonite, calcite, barite, galena and secondary lead deposit minerals.
- Early age at first birth and multiparity have been associated with a decrease in the risk of breast cancer in women in the general population.
- In a trial of women at risk for major coronary events, however, raloxifene was associated with a higher risk for death from stroke compared with placebo.
- Vitamin D supplements were inversely associated with risk in men (OR = 0.5) and women (OR = 0.6) but confidence limits included 1.0.
- These results demonstrated that lack of circumcision is associated with cervical cancer because of the increased risk of HPV infection.
- HPV has long been associated with an increased risk of cervical cancer, but new research suggests that the virus may also cause head, neck, and anal cancers.
- Although the rate of HPV infection in this group is high, most infections are short-lived and not associated with cervical cancer.
- Associated with the ordinary minerals of granite pegmatite, orthoclase, albite, quartz and muscovite; also with lepidolite, beryl, apatite, fluorite, ete.
- Associated Minerals are quartz, garnets, vesuvianite, epidote, topaz, schorl, apatite, gold, silver, molybdenite, cassiterite, wolframite and fluorite.
- Shattuckite is most commonly found associated with quartz, azurite, limonite, gold, malachite, and many other secondary copper minerals.
- Associated Minerals are quartz, apophyllite, feldspars, heulandite, stilbite, scolecite and other zeolites.
- Associated with calcite and zeolites.
- Associated minerals include prehnite, danburite, babingtonite, epidote, native copper, calcite, quartz and zeolites.
- Diarrhea associated with ulcerative colitis tends to be more severe than diarrhea caused by Crohn’s disease.
- An important exception is the treatment of diarrhea associated with C. difficile colitis.
- In some cases, the diarrhea associated with salmonella infection can be extremely dehydrating and require prompt medical attention.
- The usual symptoms are diarrhea associated with cramping, abdominal pain, chills, and malaise, headache, and fever.
- Diarrhea associated with nausea and vomiting is referred to as gastroenteritis.
- Diarrhea associated with blood.
- The drugs also also may decrease the risk of heart attack and stroke that may be triggered by inflammation associated with severe infection, Thomsen added.
- As such, down regulation of hepcidin in anemic patients will lead to a reduction in inflammation associated with such anemia.
- In addition to this dietary change you can help decrease the inflammation associated with the gluten reaction with several natural products.
- Inflammation: The inflammation associated with rheumatoid arthritis is the most common cause of anemia, affecting up to two-thirds of RA patients.
- It is considered a very effective general tonic and is known to improve bile flow and reduce inflammation associated with hepatitis and cirrhosis.
- Fish oil. Omega-3 fatty acids found in fish oil supplements may reduce inflammation associated with psoriasis, although results from studies are mixed.
- Hepatitis E virus (HEV) infection in patients with cirrhosis is associated with rapid decompensation and death.
- Since most patients with HCC have associated liver disease (cirrhosis), their liver blood tests may not be normal to begin with.
- Chronic hepatitis B is associated with complications of end-stage liver disease, including cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinoma.
- Type 1 diabetes (diabetes mellitus) occasionally has been associated with hypogonadism.
- Coeliac disease is associated with conditions such as type I diabetes mellitus and autoimmune thyroid disease.
- DNA damage may be associated with type 2 Diabetes Mellitus (T2DM) and its complications mainly through oxidative stress.
- Negative Helicobacter pylori status is associated with poor prognosis in patients with gastric cancer.
- The presence of the fibrin degradation product D-dimer is significantly associated with a poor prognosis in some cancer patients [ 136, 137].
- Progression of liver disease is associated with a poor prognosis and is an indication for small bowel transplantation.
- Our results indicate that mutations in SPINK1 are associated with chronic pancreatitis.
- Mutations in the cationic trypsinogen gene are associated with recurrent acute and chronic pancreatitis.
- Since most cases of chronic pancreatitis are associated with alcohol use, the best way to prevent the problem is to avoid or limit alcohol use.
- The disease has been associated with mutations in four ribosomal protein (RP) genes, RPS19, RPS24, RPS17, and RPL35A, in about 30% of patients.
- INTERPRETATION: Mutations in DHPS are associated with impaired prognosis in PCP, and may develop as a result of exposure to sulpha drugs.
- CONCLUSIONS: Mutations of the CFTR gene and the 5T genotype are associated with chronic pancreatitis.
- The pain may frequently be associated with nausea and vomiting, abdominal distention, fever and signs of shock.
- Acute gastritis may produce no symptoms but can be associated with short-lived dyspepsia, lack of appetite, nausea or vomiting.
- Includes list of red-flag symptoms not associated with IBS, such as fever, anemia, vomiting, weight loss, and blood in the stool.
- Common adverse drug reactions (ADRs) associated with oseltamivir therapy include: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, and headache.
- Characteristics of Illness: Diarrhea, often associated with fever, abdominal pain, nausea, headache and muscle pain.
- Case 5 A 60-year-old Indian woman was admitted with a history of upper abdominal pain for 3 wk, associated with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
- Although it is often associated with heart disease, AF occurs in many patients with no detectable disease.
- Obesity also increases the risk for other conditions (high blood pressure, diabetes) that are associated with heart disease.
- Obesity is particularly hazardous when it is part of the metabolic syndrome, a pre-diabetic condition that is significantly associated with heart disease.
- Studies conducted in several countries have found that drinking four or more cups of coffee a day is associated with a lower risk for colorectal cancer.
- There was a suggestion that earlier age at menarche was associated with increased risk of pancreatic cancer and that parous women were at lower risk.
- Leitzmann MF, et al., Coffee intake is associated with lower risk of symptomatic gallstone disease in women, Gastroenterology 2002; 123(6): 1823-1830.
- Mortality associated with low plasma concentration of beta carotene and the effect of oral supplementation.
- Meta-analysis: increased mortality associated with hepatitis C in HIV-infected persons is unrelated to HIV disease progression.
- Cost and mortality associated with febrile neutropenia in adult cancer patients.
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Society > Security > Risk
- Humans > Health > Diseases > Disease
- Humans > Health > Diseases > Symptoms
- Humans > Health > Diseases > Patients
* Associated Minerals
* Associated Symptoms
* Brain Associated
* Death Associated
* Disease Associated
* Energy Associated
* People Associated
* Risk Associated
* Symptoms Associated
Books about "Associated" in