Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Aston Villa"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Aston Villa were founding members of The Football League in 1888 and the Premier League in 1992.
- Aston Villa are one of four English teams that have won the European Cup.
- Aston Villa was left with no option but to sell the player and he was transferred to Manchester United for £12.6 million in August 1998.
- Aston Villa were unlucky to draw against Liverpool, who flooded the midfield and sat back for 90 minutes.
- Aston Villa are apparently interested in Manuel Almunia who will replace Brad Friedel who is going to Fulham which will allow us to buy Mark Schwarzer.
- Aston Villa defeated Sunderland 2-1 at Villa Park to go third in the table.
- Largest transfer fee received: Aston Villa paid £1,700,000 for England international defender Earl Barrett in February 1992.
- Debut call-ups were handed to two players: Curtis Davies and Gabriel Agbonlahor, both of Aston Villa.
- He then had the dubious distinction of becoming Doug Ellis ' first manager at Aston Villa F.C. in December 1968, in which role he survived for 13 months.
- Ince has made a late bid to hijack Scott Carson's move to Stoke as Brad Friedel looks set to complete a move to Aston Villa.
- He made his debut on 14 September 2003 in the 4-1 win over Aston Villa at the City of Manchester Stadium.
- They have a long-standing and fierce rivalry with Aston Villa, their nearest neighbours, with whom they play the Birmingham derby.
- B ^ Saunders was never a player for Aston Villa; he was the manager from 1974 to 1982.
- In the autumn of 1998, Paul Merson was sold to Aston Villa for £6.75 million.
- Martin O'Neill has shockingly resigned as manager at Aston Villa less than a week before the start of the 2010-11 English Premier League.
- He is currently without a job, after leaving his position as manager of Aston Villa in July 2006.
- Emile Heskey can best be described as a part-timer at Aston Villa, but he walked into the squad.
- He was born in Sutton, Surrey and managed Aston Villa to success in the 1982 European Cup Final, just months after taking charge.
- Michael Carrick missed the game against Aston Villa and could be out for a few matches in the Holiday period.
- The Aston Villa boss feels the dramatic events at Eastlands during the last 72 hours highlight the fickle nature of the game.
- When United lost their first league match 3-1 to Aston Villa, the media swooped upon Ferguson with undisguised glee.
- He made 35 appearances for Cardiff between his purchase and his sale to Aston Villa on March 9, 1999 for £250,000.
- Unlike Aston Villa though Norwich just got on with there job.
- Norwich, Portsmouth and Aston Villa now had to face an uncertain future.
- He then broke his right leg in a game against Aston Villa on March 15, 1997, which ended his season.
- Aston Villa, Leeds United, Norwich City and Wimbledon are just some of the many other clubs currently in strong contention.
- His most recent job has been manager of Aston Villa, which he left at the end of the 2003 season.
- At the end of January 2002, John Gregory was appointed Derby manager less than a week after walking out on Aston Villa.
- Lee was a full-back who began at Hednesford Town and joined Aston Villa in October 1955.
- The team lost at Aston Villa and followed this with a goalless draw at home to Blackburn Rovers.
- Little had achieved promotion success with Darlington (twice) and Leicester City (once) as well as winning the League Cup with Aston Villa.
- United reached the FA Cup final that year, but played without their goalkeeper Ray Wood for much of the game, eventually losing 2–1 to Aston Villa.
- Last week it was against West Ham United but Saturday it was against Aston Villa in a game that ebbed and flowed.
- The circumstances of his departure from Aston Villa were very controversial; Manchester United were accused of making an illegal approach for the player.
- Only a 3-1 defeat against Aston Villa in the League Cup final prevented them from winning a unique treble of domestic trophies.
- Aston Villa have been stunned by the news that Martin O'Neill has quit as manager with immediate effect after four years in charge.
- Martin O'Neill has resigned as manager of Aston Villa with immediate effect, the Premier League club said on Monday after the former.
- Martin O'Neill has resigned as Aston Villa boss, with immediate effect.
- United also reached the League Cup final but lost 3-1 to Ron Atkinson 's Aston Villa.
- Ron Atkinson bought Lamptey to Aston Villa in the summer of 1994.
- Brian Little seemed the right man after all the success he had enjoyed in turning around the fortunes of Darlington, Leicester City and Aston Villa.
- Martin O'neill resigns as manager of Aston Villa ahead of the opening weekend of Premier League play in England.
- The team had just finished ninth in 1986-87 under the management of Graham Taylor, who had left to take charge of relegated Aston Villa.
- These include Aston Villa, where he and John Deehan acted as joint caretaker managers after the departure of Graham Taylor.
- Brought from Tobago by Graham Taylor, he spent several seasons at Aston Villa.
- Liam Ridgewell (born July 21, 1984 in London) is an English footballer and defender for Aston Villa.
- Luke Moore (born February 13, 1986 in Birmingham, West Midlands) is an English football player who currently plays for Aston Villa as a forward.
- Aston Villa Football Club were formed in March, 1874, by members of the Villa Cross Wesleyan Chapel in Handsworth which is now part of Birmingham.
- Mark Delaney, a footballer who played for Cardiff City, Aston Villa, and Wales, was also born in Haverfordwest.
- Aston Villa sources have rubbished reports Martin O'Neill had quit the club.
- They only lost two matches against West Bromwich Albion and Aston Villa in their first 18 games.
- Graham Turner was unable to reverse the decline at Aston Villa and his first two seasons at the helm brought disappointing bottom-half finishes.
- Martin O'Neill has resigned as manager of Aston Villa after four years at the helm where he dragged the club from the lower reaches of the.
- On 23 December 2006, Cristiano Ronaldo scored the club's 2000th goal under the helm of Ferguson in a match against Aston Villa.
- After leaving Sheffield United, John Deehan made a football comeback with Aston Villa as assistant manager to John Gregory.
- He remains the only manager to have taken charge of Aston Villa, Birmingham City and West Bromwich Albion, normally bitter rivals.
- The Birmingham derby between Aston Villa and Birmingham City has been played since 1879.
- Gareth Barry will demand that Aston Villa sell him to Liverpool after Villa last night said the Merseyside club had missed a deadline to sign the midfielder.
- Aston Villa (1987 - 1990) In 1987 Taylor left Watford for a new challenge: the newly relegated Aston Villa.
- His playing career has included spells at Arsenal, Middlesbrough, Aston Villa and Portsmouth.
- Premiership: Despite an impressive cameo by Theo Walcott, Arsenal were held at the Emirates by a Martin O'Neill inspired Aston Villa.
- January saw the departure of two key first team members, Wilson Palacios and Emile Heskey, to Tottenham and Aston Villa respectively.
- Shock news from the Daily Express this morning, who link Gabriel Agbonlahor with a mega-money move from Aston Villa to Tottenham this summer.
- During that season, Ted Drake set a record by scoring 7 goals in an away game at Aston Villa.
- The following season, 1956–57, they won the league again and reached the FA Cup final, losing to Aston Villa.
- Martin O'Neill has just sensationally left his post as manager of Aston Villa just days before the start of the new season.
- Second Division
- Countries > United Kingdom > England > Premier League
- European Cup
* Aston Villa Manager
* European Cup
* First Division
* Premier League
* Second Division
Books about "Aston Villa" in