Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Asymmetric Division"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Therefore, asymmetric division is unlikely to evolve if the components acted independently.
- Asymmetric division of a medial OPC neuroblast in a late third instar brain.
- Asymmetric division consistently gave higher growth rate, whereas symmetric division gave higher growth yield on optimization of the repair rate.
- On the other hand, when this reduction was large and highly convex, asymmetric division had an advantage in both the parameters.
- To break the association between asymmetric division and death versus symmetric division and repair, we introduced repair in the asymmetric division model.
- When starved, Bacillus subtilis undergoes asymmetric division to produce two cell types with different fates.
- We modeled the effects of symmetric and asymmetric division in bacteria to examine selective advantages of the alternative strategies of division.
- Disruption of centrosomes disrupts the high fidelity of asymmetric division.
- The model suggests that asymmetric division accompanied by aging and death of some cells results in a higher growth rate but a reduced growth yield.
- The distribution of the components in cells is different in symmetric and asymmetric division, and the model is modified accordingly.
- Asymmetric division with repair therefore did not offer any selective advantage.
- Selective Advantage
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Information > Structure > Division
- Cell Types
Books about "Asymmetric Division" in