Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Audience"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- The audience was reported to be impressed with his playing, thus beginning one of the outstandingly successful concert pianist careers of the period.
- The audience is then forced to abandon one form of suspension of disbelief (i.e.
- The audience is mainly first-year graduate students, and it is assumed that the reader has a good foundation in quantum mechanics.
- The audience was shocked by the primitive violence of the ballet.
- The audience was treated to a concert of film music "classics" conducted by Constantin Bakaleinikoff.
- Someone in the audience claimed that H. G. Wells used time as a fourth spatial dimension perpendicular to the other three in "The Time Machine".
- Argument By Personal Charm: getting the audience to cut you slack.
- An argument is a reason, or a series of reasons, offered as to why the audience should behave, believe, or think in a certain manner.
- To sway a red herring in an argument is to try to throw the audience off the right track onto something not relevant to the issue at hand.
- The news that Matt Simmons announced to the World Oil Conference, that the Burgan field is apparently in trouble, is beginning to reach a wider audience.
- At the beginning, Pier defined choreography for the audience as the movement of bodies through time and space.
- In most episodes of Columbo, the audience sees the crime unfold at the beginning and knows exactly who did it.
- Some independent promotions are attached to professional wrestling schools, serving as a venue for students to gain experience in front of an audience.
- In keeping with the aims of the BRICS Autumn School on Verification, I have in mind an audience of beginning Ph.D. students or newly-appointed RAs--i.e.
- Tension is what works in a drama to impel students to respond and take action and what works in a play to make the audience want to know what happens next.
- After all four have spoken the debate will be opened to the floor, in which members of the audience will put questions to the teams.
- It was 1991 and Noam Chomsky had just finished a lecture in Berkeley on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and was taking questions from the audience.
- During the 10-day cruise Buddy Morrow was interviewed by Herb Oscar Anderson with an audience of fans who posed a number of questions for Herb to ask Buddy.
- The date was special from the start, with producer Orrin Keepnews getting Rouse to say a few words to the audience about his time with Monk.
- The movements should interpret the words of the music, showing the audience the emotion of the particular piece.
- Later that night, during the concert, I, along with 750,000 in the radio audience heard Dizzy speak these same words himself.
- Magic Slim's Chicago and Jimmy Reed style blues pounded the audience into a frenzy as Slim went from song to song with equal enthusiasm.
- Another musical game is called Song Styles; in this game, a performer sings a song about an item or audience member in a style provided by the host.
- It’s like the Malibu version of Kid Rock’s “Picture.” I’d like to think that song could help expose our band to a completely different audience.
- Audience: Graduate students and researchers in mathematics and physics.
- An enthusiastic audience of about 110 students, faculty, researchers and librarians attended.
- Chapters are written at a tutorial level and are accessible to a wide audience, including researchers, programmers, and technical managers.
- Entries marked » are a blend of Concert and Social dance, where all participants are performers or audience at different times during the event.
- Unlike in theatre there is usually no audience, as LARPs are played for the satisfaction of the participants.
- For a community of its size, La Crosse boasts a remarkable arts scene for both participants and audience members, with over 30 active arts organizations.
- This way the sound has a more direct line from the first violins to the back of the stage where it can be then reflected to the audience.
- Homer mentions them in a way which shows that they were familiar to his audience.
- Eddie Lang introduced the guitar to a wider audience and forever changed the way that people listened to music.
- The myth that Messiaen's Quatour pour la Fin du Temps (Quartet for the end of Time)was premiered before an audience of 5000 prisoners of war is new to me.
- However, toward the end of the EVA, the TV audience got a glimpse of Armstrong running back from a brief visit to a crater 60 meters east of the spacecraft.
- At the end of the show, as fog settled over the audience in the arena, Clapton introduced Buddy Guy, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Robert Cray, and Jimmie Vaughan.
- Whiteman, Paul - American conductor who introduced symphonic jazz to a general audience and became known affectionately as the "King of Jazz".
- It is written for a general audience and uses little or no mathematics.
- In this literate and entertaining book, eminent naturalist David Rains Wallace brings the saga of ancient mammals to a general audience for the first time.
- The Pope said this today at the general audience, during which he reflected on several saints whose feastdays are celebrated in these weeks.
- Both were invited for an audience with the Pope in 1982, who gave the newly-established Americares the opportunity to give aid to Poland (157).
- At the end of the audience, the Pope started to give a Papal blessing to the child when Khrushchev's son said "no, it would not be proper - we are atheists".
- Furthermore, I was told that H. H. the Karmapa's General Secretary was among this group of people during their audience with H. H. the Dalai Lama.
- RESPECT MP George Galloway addressed an audience of more than 1,000 supporters as he urged Bolton to back a humanitarian aid appeal for the people of Gaza.
- When I look out at this audience, I see people of different political views.
- He won the attention of a broader audience after joining Mike Westbrook's Concert Band in time for the recording of a suite titled Release in 1968.
- When the play starts, the characters can be seen talking amongst themselves, paying no attention to the audience.
- After a short stint with Tiny Bradshaw, Fitzgerald was brought to the attention of Chick Webb by Benny Carter (who was in the audience at the Apollo).
- In due course, we will invite curators, critics and artists to attend, and the audience can also participate the discussion at any time.
- Audience members and critics alike raved about the program which mixed modern Spanish and World Beat music with traditional Flamenco dance forms.
- Critics say that modern swing music is played in a jump blues style & performed to an audience of dancers.
- Some critics and fans believed the band changed its musical direction to appeal to the mainstream audience.
- Band and audience collaborated yet again in a colossal work of art: individual pieces of art by fans were connected to a large piece of art by the band.
- The sound the microphone made caused some fans to think he shot someone, so Slash quickly told the audience, "He just slammed his mic on the floor.
- Ours is to promote jazz as an art form; also to get a better rapport between the audience and the musicians, as well as creating new audiences.
- Artists who participate in these arts in front of an audience are called performers, including actors, comedians, dancers, musicians, and singers.
- She connects the musicians to the audience and the audience to the musicians in a way I have never experienced before during a concert.
- He brought the standards of dance up to a level that had never been seen before, and he created a new audience for ballet.
- The writer discusses the nature of the music and the ballet which caused such a severe reaction from its first audience.
- The biggest audience reaction came at the beginning of the ballet, when Hyltin's real dog accompanied her across the stage - the audience erupted in giggles.
- The opera was immediately stopped, and the orchestra played Chopin 's Funeral March for the stunned audience.
- It is at this moment in the opera that the audience realises that Alcina genuinely loves Ruggiero.
- It is at this point that the audience realises that Alcina genuinely loves Ruggiero; from now until the end of the opera, she is depicted sympathetically.
- Per definition, it means the consistency of the characteristics of characters, plot, objects, places and events seen by the reader or the audience.
- Written composition also meant that poets began to compose not for an audience that was sitting in front of them but for an absent reader.
- Another class of unreliable narrator is one who intentionally attempts to deceive the audience or other characters in the story.
- The Harry Bridges Project presents his story to a much wider audience through a variety of mediums; a one man play, the film, and radio documentaries.
- While the second film may feature action on a larger scale, the plot does not draw the audience into the story in the same way the first Die Hard did.
- The Lamb is written with childish repetitions and a selection of words which could satisfy any audience under the age of five.
- Opera for Bush was essentially an expansion of song, written in a manner accessible to a wide audience.
- The book is an exploration of the earliest years of the Communist Party of Canada, written for both an academic and a popular audience.
- Stand-up comedy is a style of comedy where the performer speaks directly to the audience, with the absence of the theatrical fourth wall.
- Stand-up comedy is a style of comedy where a comedian performs for a live audience, usually speaking directly to them.
- The show combines classic magic tricks, modern mind reading (mentalism), lots of audience participation and comedy.
- Although the rhythm game may not appeal to everyone, one thing's for sure, its mass appeal reaches a wide audience and grows with each new game.
- The orchestras attempts to bring as wide a range of audience members as possible so that regardless of classical background, everyone can enjoy the show.
- The target audience - everyone who likes playing chess and wants to improve - from beginners to masters.
- The first record introduced the audience to the band and debuted the ZUG IZLAND?s uncanny ability to perform a very wide variety of musical sounds.
- Pabongka Rinpoche had an uncanny ability to relate to his audience, and for this reason he became a teacher for the common man as well as for us monks.
- Here's a little: Nearly all stand-up comedians have horror stories when they talk about the first time they performed in front of an audience.
- Next week I have an audience with the Pope, and if you like I'll talk to him about it.
- Typically, the comedian will stand up and talk to the audience.
- Wags cannot talk (except in mental soliloquies that only the audience can hear), but The Wiggles understand him when he barks.
- Informal fallacies may also exploit the emotions or intellectual or psychological weaknesses of the audience.
- If you want to open up figure skating to another audience, you need to create something that's going to allow everyone to watch.
- Something, such as a lecture or speech, that is set forth for an audience: gave a presentation on drug abuse.
- He has something very specific in mind and if the dancers or the person who staged the piece isn't in on it, the audience certainly isn't going to be.
- In 1902, Prokofiev's mother obtained an audience with Sergei Taneyev, director of the Moscow Conservatoire.
- The audience for both blues and jazz definitively split, and it was at this time that the border between blues and jazz became the most defined.
- Basie's relationship with the blues became more apparent to his mainstream audience when Joe Williams joined the band.
- In 2003, Martin Scorsese made significant efforts to promote the blues to a larger audience.
- With the Internet's easy access to an audience, webcomics run the gamut from traditional cartoon strips to graphic novels and beyond.
- There are a lot of great songs on her album that I feel the record company wanted the audience to pay attention to.
- A lot of people in the audience didn’t even know that I was in that match because they didn’t even announce it.
- You learn a lot when you are playing with Dixon and Mario Pavone--a killer bassist--and in the audience is William Parker, Cecil Taylor and Don Cherry.
- Most early comedians were merely viewed as "joke tellers," who warmed up the audience as an opening act, or kept the crowds entertained during intermissions.
- House lights provide light for the audience before and after performances and during intermissions.
- Targeting these keywords alone might give me high traffic but not from my targeted audience.
- The targeted audience are Ph.D. students and researchers willing to update their knowledge of the field.
- Audience and Intent This document is targeted at the Linux user interested in learning a bit about Emacs and trying it out.
- In this film, he is the villain, designed to make the despicable social climber, Edith (Played by Fannie Ward), more palatable to the audience.
- Beyblade was significantly changed to make it more palatable for a western audience.
- Mahayana adjusts the original teachings so that they are palatable for the wider audience.
- Competition ABS-CBN lost a large chunk of its audience in 1996 when RPN introduced the "telenovelas," or dubbed soap operas from Latin American countries.
- A telenovelas is a dream story for everyone in the audience, that will end in a certain number of episodes, and that it has in most cases, a happy ending.
- Both Lee and Kid Rock are ex-husbands of Pamela Anderson, who was a presenter at the show and delivered her lines from atop a table in the audience.
- If neither contestant guesses correctly, the presenter used to ask if anyone in the audience knew the word, and if so, chose someone to shout it out.
- In movies, a presenter (but not a host) is a usually well-known executive producer credited with introducing a film or filmmaker to a larger audience.
- Participatory theatre is a form of theatre in which the audience interacts with the performers or the presenters.
- Whiteley also told many anecdotes and puns, which were often met by groans from other presenters and members of the audience.
- They noted that the presence of a studio audience, theme music and the dramatic behaviour of the presenters and crew suggested this.
- If the performer cannot coax laughs out of the audience, the bored crowd may harrass the comedian, a practice known as heckling.
- The match even takes place in the crowd for a lot of the bout, involving the audience yet again during Wrestlemania.
- Patton Oswalt defines it as "comedy where the audience has no pre-set expectations about the crowd, and vice versa.
- When Duane plays the melody of the song again, the audience immediately begins clapping along to the sweet melodic tune.
- On mounting the dohyo the rikishi performs a number of ritual moves involving leg stomps and clapping whilst facing out towards the audience.
- Rachel Barton Pine discusses audience response to performances, including clapping between movements and clapping in the middle of a piece.
- The matinee had had the character of a private concert, since Liszt himself had invited his audience.
- Fétis organized a private concert on February 11 at which Liszt performed in front of an audience of 150 persons.
- In extended sections of those pieces his audience was listening to arpeggios and thumbs-melodies, which were now played by Liszt.
- Typically in the 19th century, virtuosi such as these were more likely to attract an audience than some particular composer's music being on the programme.
- The presence of such virtuosi on a concert program was more likely to attract a large audience than the composers of the music.
- Stand-up comedy is difficult to master partly because the comedian is at the mercy of the audience, which is an integral element of the act.
- In a poetry slam, members of the audience are chosen by an M.C. or host to act as judges for the event.
- Although this was the act of a heel, the audience in MSG that night cheered wildy for him and booed Michaels.
- Stand-up comedy is difficult to master partly because the performer is at the mercy of the audience, which is an integral element of the act.
- Stand-up comedy is considered difficult to master, because the stand-up comedian is at the mercy of the audience, which is an integral element of the act.
- However, perhaps more than any other performer, the stand-up comedian is at the mercy of the audience, which is an integral element of the act.
- Culture > Arts > Dance > Dancers
- Society > Culture > Arts > Music
* Audience Members
* Audience Participation
* Blues Brothers
* First Time
* Fourth Wall
* Listening Audience
* Mass Audience
* Million Viewers
* Standing Ovation
* Studio Audience
* Target Audience
* Television Audience
* Younger Audience
Books about "Audience" in