Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Backhand"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Backhand is a simple molding sometimes used around the outer edge of a plain casing or as a decorative feature.
- His backhand is a one-hander, rather like Ivan Lendls, and watching him practice it is like watching a great artist casually sketch something.
- A Nadal backhand was called out but he challenged the decision and Hawkeye revealed it had clipped the line.
- Venus' backhand is equally effective down-the-line or crosscourt (frequently for a set-up approach shot).
- Federer held his third match point on Baghdatis' serve in the 12th game, but he netted a backhand for deuce.
- Instead, momentum swung with Federer then using a strong backhand pass to draw an error before getting a Roddick long backhand to draw even.
- Both Brian Gottfried and Stan Smith extol the virtues of hitting the ball out in front sufficiently for a strong backhand.
- Federer plays with a single-handed backhand which gives him great variety.
- Mantilla's best stroke was his single-handed backhand and he was known for his baseline consistency from both sides, high endurance levels, and courage.
- Roddick missed a relatively easy high backhand volley on the fourth break point.
- Roddick responded with a backhand volley winner.
- When Wawrinka missed a crosscourt backhand, Roddick got his second break point.
- Hantuchova converted her third match point with a crosscourt backhand.
- Sharapova held serve to go up 5-3, then converted her third match point when Garbin knocked a backhand long.
- Agassi then held and finally broke Baghdatis for the victory after reaching deuce thanks to two double faults when the eighth seed sailed a backhand long.
- With his pink shirt, dark pirate pants and yellow bandana caked in clay, Nadal swiped a backhand long to go down a break at 4-3.
- Agassi's early years were marked by a desire and an ability to hit the ball harder off both forehand and backhand sides than was generally considered wise.
- Their major argument was that Roddick lacked diversity and aggression on his backhand side and relied too much on his forehand.
- This is a video of Peter gade demonstrating moving to the net on the backhand side, sorry no english translation of it.
- Many receivers handle the high bounce well on their forehand side but not on their backhand side.
- And in the very next game he raced into a 0-40 lead, sealing the break when Nadal sent a backhand wide.
- Schnyder scored her only service break of the match to cut the lead to 5-3, then held serve before Sharapova won the match when Schnyder hit a backhand wide.
- Roddick, a semifinalist at Wimbledon last year, closed out the match when the fifth-seeded Grosjean hit a backhand wide.
- Guillermo Vilas took what Rod Laver was doing with his backhand and added loads more topsin.
- It failed at the start of Nadal's service game when he found the net with his backhand but he dabbed another over on the way to a 2-1 lead.
- Nadal stepped up his backhand crosscourt, breaking the Russian to force an 11th game.
- Sampras went to a one-handed backhand, improved his serve by studying tapes of Rod Laver and began rushing the net.
- Andre Agassi in particular increased his use of the one-handed backhand and often hit an unreturnable dropshot with it.
- But to take his game to the next level, Fischer recommended a major change, advising Pete to switch to a one-handed backhand.
- For the same reason, backhand smashes tend to be weak.
- Williams finally put the match away on her next serve when Hingis hit another backhand long.
- Williams served out, taking the first set in 26 minutes on her second set point when Sharapova sent a backhand service return wide.
- Williams created her first break chance at 1-1 in the second set, and Pennetta netted another double-fisted backhand.
- Although Nadal was disappointed with a "couple (of) mistakes" on his backhand, he felt happy with his overall play.
- She's a pretty big hitter and has a good backhand," Sharapova said.
- His groundstrokes are technically efficient on both forehand and backhand.
- He can do backhand, very good backhand, good forehand, very fast on court.
- His opponent comes in on an approach shot right to his backhand side and Federer's still on the forehand side of the court.
- On her second set point, Schiavone took risk and reaped the rewards slicing a serve wide to open the court and knifing a backhand volley winner.
- When Sharapova sent a backhand long on match point, Henin-Hardenne grinned, screamed and punched the air.
- So if I had Agassi’s backhand and Roddick’s serve, I wouldn’t have time to sleep because I would be so happy.
- Almagro won the next game to love when Nadal hit a backhand into the net, then served to go up 4-1.
- The seesaw battle continued, Paes broken to love, only for Knowles to drop serve on a missed backhand volley by Bhupathi.
- Nadal fired a backhand into the net on the first of them, sending the fans into a frenzy.
- Federer saves the first on his own serve, but a crosscourt backhand winner from Kohlschreiber gives him the set.
- The word "Filthy" was actually first used as a positive to describe the incredible nature of McEnroe's one-handed backhand.
- When Evert first started playing as a youngster, she developed a two-handed backhand because she was too small and weak to hit backhand shots with one hand.
- Playing a backhand overhead has two main disadvantages.
- In his early years, Nadal (who wrote with his right hand) played left-handed tennis with both a two-handed forehand and backhand.
- He uses the pace of the serve to create an angle and slices a backhand cross court just inside Roddick’s forehand service area.
- He goes for angle to the backhand side with his volley.
- What Roddick's improved movement allowed him to do was neutralize the depth and the angles that Federer hit off his backhand side.
- One of the first players to ever use a two-handed backhand, his 33 singles titles rank him among the top 50 players of all time.
- Also, he was suitably impressed by the way Sampras made the switch from a two-handed backhand to a one-handed backhand.
- His use of the one-handed backhand drop shot is unusual for players who usually use a two-handed backhand to rally from the baseline.
- She uses two hands on both the forehand and the backhand, and is generally classed as an aggressive and hard-hitting player.
- Troicki hits a big forehand and ventures to the net but is forced short with his volley, allowing Nadal to whip a backhand down the line.
- Nalbandian's trademark shot is his backhand down the line, which he uses often to force a weak reply, if not hit a winner outright.
- A crosscourt backhand on the run gave Nadal another opportunity to break at 2-2 and he took it with a passing shot down the line.
- Still one point from victory, the reigning U.S. Open champion ended an 11-stroke exchange by hitting a backhand that a line judge called long.
- She put a backhand out next point to give Zheng the win.
- That shot was nearly as good as Segura 's two-handed forehand." His only real weakness, says Kramer, "was his backhand.
- Many advanced players still have a significantly better forehand than backhand, and many strategies in tennis aim to exploit this weakness.
- Coria then regrouped to sweep the final four games, closing out the victory when Henman floated a backhand long.
- Agassi's movement was noticeably hindered, particularly on his backhand return of serve, and he lost in straight sets.
- Sharapova is an aggressive baseliner, with power, depth, and angles on her forehand and backhand.
- All strokes can be played either forehand or backhand (except for the high serve, which is only ever played as a forehand).
- Ken Rosewall, another player noted for his one-handed backhand, used a deadly accurate slice backhand through the 1950s and 1960s.
- Sharapova gained yet another break point, and again Henin attacked the net, finishing the point with a difficult high backhand volley down the line.
- Henin failed to hold an early lead, losing 2-6, 6-2, 6-3, and said the elbow bothered her "a little bit" on her serve and backhand.
- Henin plays smart aggressive tennis aided by a powerful one-handed backhand that allows her more reach and more variety on that side.
- Her backhand, although not as big of a weapon as her forehand, has improved over the years.
- For many years the 1940s player Bobby Riggs was considered to have had the greatest drop shot of all time, off both his forehand and his backhand.
- Federer plays with a one-handed backhand, which has improved over the last few years.
- His serving forced three misses from Sampras, and a thoroughly crushed backhand caused Sampras to miss one volley.
- Serving for the match, Nadal won the first three points and then hit a backhand crosscourt winner.
- She was hitting bombs from both sides of the court (especially the backhand), was moving well, and serving very aggressively.
- Kanepi took a 5-3 lead when Jankovic sent her backhand wide on the next point.
- Her forehand and backhand are both effective in setting up points.
- Fish uses his strong serve and powerful backhand to win points from the baseline.
- But Bhupathi and Knowles won the next three points, and a superb backhand return by Bhupathi helped set up the break.
- Three points later, Coria mishit a backhand wide to give Ginepri a fifth match point.
- Taufik Hidayat can't use his forehand so instead he uses his backhand.
- This Badminton video shows a strong backhand clear performed by Taufik Hidayat.
- Taufik showed his strong backhand during the match against Peter Gade in 04 Olympics quarter final.
- Taufik and his usual backhand magic Taufik Hidayat can't use his forehand so instead he uses his backhand.
- But it was Taufik who brought the backhand smash to a new level, smashing straight down the tramlines which nobody to my knowledge had ever done before.
- Tennis > Tennis Players > Rafael Nadal > Nadal
- Match Point
* Andy Roddick
* Backhand Volley
* Backhand Winner
* Break Point
* Break Points
* Drop Shot
* Federer Backhand
* Final Game
* First Match Point
* First Set
* First Time
* Forehand Long
* Forehand Winner
* Fourth Game
* Match Point
* Match Points
* Nadal Backhand
* Ninth Game
* Rafael Nadal
* Second Break
* Second Match Point
* Second Set
* Second Time
* Set Point
* Third Set
Books about "Backhand" in