Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Baddeleyite"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Baddeleyite is a mineral that consists of zirconia ( Zr O 2). Its melting point is 2700 ° C. Elemental zirconium is refined from baddeleyite.
- Baddeleyite is a rare zirconium oxide mineral (ZrO2) or zirconia.
- Baddeleyite is a simple oxide of zirconium and quite rare.
- Baddeleyite is a natural mineral of the same chemical composition, but it is a monoclinic mineral.
- Baddeleyite: A mineral with the same chemical composition as cubic zirconia.
- Baddeleyite (of Fletcher) mineral data, information about Baddeleyite (of Fletcher), its properties and worldwide locations.
- Definition of baddeleyite in the Online Dictionary.
- Law Talk Dictionary baddeleyite - baddeleyite - Labor definition of a mineral consisting of Noun 1.
- It has been proposed to use fused baddeleyite concentrates aggregate for fabricating refractory articles.
- The zirconium dioxide is present in the baddeleyite and in the artificial zirconia, and zircon if used.
- The typical chemistry of the baddeleyite ore concentrates which have been used are set forth in Table 3.
- It is believed that some form of calcia or other known zirconia stabilizing compositions are typically added to the baddeleyite before melting.
- Composition E differs from composition A in that the former includes baddeleyite ore in a fine grain distribution in place of artificial zirconia flour.
- No byproducts or waste result from baddeleyite refining.
- Like zircon, baddeleyite is extracted from sand and gravel deposits.
- Comments: Single crystal specimen of very rare baddeleyite pseudomorphing kimzeyite (garnet).
- The only refining process used on baddeleyite involves grinding the gravel or sand to a powder and sizing the powder with different sized sieves.
- Therefore, rather baddeleyite (ZrO2) than zircon (ZrSiO4) is formed.
- Fused baddeleyite is formed by heating the baddeleyite ore concentrates to a liquid state and then allowing the liquid to cool.
- Fused baddeleyite is also often distinguished by microcracks and fissures within the grains from rapid cooling after fusing.
- Particles of fused baddeleyite have a "swiss cheese" appearance; that is to say, the particles are characteristically very dense (i.e.
- All zirconium oxide that comes from baddeleyite is used for refractories and, increasingly, advanced ceramics.
- Description: Baddeleyite is a rare zirconium oxide found in a variety of environments, including kimberlite, syenite and gabbro.
- Since 1892 the yellowish, monoclinic mineral baddeleyite had been the only natural form of zirconium oxide known.
- This material appears to assist the magnesium oxide and calcium oxide in diffusing into the baddeleyite particles.
- LookSmart - Directory search for "Baddeleyite" Occurrence:Most zirconium is obtained from the minerals zircon and baddeleyite.
- Links to other databases for Baddeleyite : 1 -Am.
- Baddeleyite mineral data, information about Baddeleyite, its properties and worldwide locations.
- Baddeleyite: Baddeleyite mineral information and data.
- This page provides mineralogical data about Baddeleyite.
- See synonyms for baddeleyite.
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Nature > Natural Resources > Minerals
- Nature > Chemistry > Chemical Elements > Zirconium
- Glossaries > Glossary of Mineral Stubs /
Books about "Baddeleyite" in