Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Barrier"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- The barrier was designed by Rendel, Palmer and Tritton for the Greater London Council and tested at HR Wallingford.
- The barrier was designed by Rendel, Palmer and Tritton for the GLC, the concept of the rotating gates was devised by Charles Draper.
- The barrier was originally commissioned by the Greater London Council under the guidance of Ray Horner.
- The barrier was designed to cope with sea level rises until around 2030.
- The barrier is 169 meters in height having the barrier top width of 12 meters with a lenght of 800 meters and blocks the flow of the Nan river at Pha Som.
- This plastic coating creates a barrier between your teeth and the decay-causing bacteria that live in plaque.
- Sealants fit into the grooves and depressions of the tooth and act as a barrier, protecting against acid and plaque.
- This sealant acts as a barrier, protecting the decay prone areas of the back teeth from plaque and acid.
- Teeth (singular tooth) are small, calcified, whitish structures found in the jaws (or mouths) of many vertebrates that are used to break down food.
- Sealants provide a physical barrier so that cavity-causing bacteria cannot invade the pits and fissures on the chewing surfaces of teeth.
- This plastic substance bonds into the depressions and grooves of the teeth and acts as a barrier, protecting enamel by "sealing out" plaque and acids.
- Topical fluoride applications or sealants (plastic coatings that form a barrier between bacteria and the chewing surfaces of the teeth) may be recommended.
- The Hart Ranges Ecosection is a mountainous area that forms a low barrier to the eastward moving Pacific air or southwestward moving Arctic air.
- Put a secure barrier between your hard drive & hackers.
- Minimize your risk by making only one of them publically available and hiding the rest behind a secure barrier or firewall.
- Sealants form a thin barrier that helps protect the chewing surfaces from the effects of decay-causing bacteria.
- This barrier would leave the shrine on the "Israeli" side of the separation barrier.
- The separation barrier was first constructed to improve security in Israel.
- The Israeli Government seized land belonging to several religious institutions to build its separation barrier between East Jerusalem and the West Bank.
- Thus, the effectiveness of the waterproof barrier provided by the roofing structure is often limited to the life of the underlayment.
- The roof provides a waterproof barrier to the elements.
- Typically used as a waterproof barrier, in the form of a compression gasket for mechanically attached applications.
- Fluid movement within the brain is limited by the blood-brain barrier, brain-cerebrospinal fluid barrier and the blood-cerebrospinal fluid barrier.
- Install Asphalt Saturated Organic Felts as a secondary barrier to moisture caused by wind-driven rain and ice damming.
- Not normally, the underlayment ("tar paper") provides a secondary barrier to the weather.
- Other parts of a building structure besides the roof often require a waterproofing barrier.
- Ripped or torn underlayment will not serve as an effective waterproofing barrier and must be patched before the roofing material (e.g.
- An air barrier retards the flow of heated air to the underside of the roof.
- It is, as the name suggests, a barrier to radiant heat movement, the same as a vapor barrier blocks water vapor migration and an air barrier stops air flow.
- Properly installed underlayment may act as an air barrier, making attic ventilation details more important in certain climates.
- Sealants act as a barrier, protecting tooth enamel from plaque bacteria and acid.
- A Jersey barrier stands 3 feet tall and is made of poured concrete.
- This strip may be as simple as a grassy area, or may include a crash barrier such as a Jersey barrier to prevent head-on collision s.
- The F-shape barrier is similar to the New Jersey barrier, but bottom section is lower and the slope a bit flatter.
- First, a band offset at one of the interfaces (316 or 318) that acts as a barrier to conduction to the majority carrier from the top layer 306.
- Diving is good, not great, because right off shore from the Punta Cana side the water is riddled with barrier reefs.
- Lush green high islands with their peaks in the clouds surrounded by barrier reefs or no reef and with beaches of black basalt sand or white coral sand.
- Such measures were a significant barrier to the diffusion of rice in Europe.
- For example, silicon dioxide is a dielectric insulator that poses a significant barrier to the flow of current.
- This lost energy, necessary to overcome the potential barrier in order to separate the objects, is the binding energy.
- The inventive non-asphaltic underlayment of the present invention acts as a barrier to moisture, but allows air and water vapor to pass therethrough.
- It is important to understand how water vapor acts in order to understand the uses of water vapor barrier paint.
- Still another variation is to attach the radiant barrier directly to the underside of the roof deck.
- During cold weather, a radiant barrier on top of the insulation could cause water vapor to condense on the barrier's underside.
- The radiant barrier layer 32 also serves to improve the fire resistance of the roofing underlayment 10.
- These estuaries are semi-isolated from ocean waters by barrier beaches (barrier islands and barrier spits).
- Barrier Islands - A barrier island is a long narrow ridge of sand just offshore running parallel to the coast.
- The nuclei do not actually have to have enough energy to overcome the Coulomb barrier completely.
- A personal firewall creates a protective barrier between your computer and potentially harmful content on the Internet.
- Sealants form a protective barrier by bonding to tooth surfaces and covering the natural depressions and grooves.
- Del Bigio MR (1995) The ependyma: a protective barrier between brain and cerebrospinal fluid.
- Moisture Guard Plus creates a barrier that helps prevent water from penetrating the roof deck and coming into your home.
- The rigid insulation 14 is made up of several rigid boards placed edge to edge across the roof deck to form an underlayment that serves as a thermal barrier.
- Felt or underlayment -- Asphalt-impregnated roofing paper that creates a secondary, watertight barrier between many roofing products and the roof deck.
- ROOF SYSTEM - General term referring to the waterproof covering, roof insulation, vapor barrier, if used and roof deck as an entity.
- Improperly applied felt: Buckling can occur when the vapor barrier know as felt (or commonly referred to as tar paper) is installed wrong.
- The problem is that in climates with hot summers and cold winters, the vapor barrier will be on the wrong side of the insulation at least part of the year.
- Heading west through the Torres Strait, Pandora ran aground on a reef (part of the Great Barrier Reef) on 29 August 1791.
- The Great Barrier Reef, at 2,000 km in length The Great Wall of China is a human-built megastructure, 6,700 km in length.
- From the island you are free to explore as you please, with tours of the Great Barrier Reef, The Whitsunday Islands and the rainforests of the mainland.
- But the nuclei can "tunnel" through the barrier, getting close enough to feel the strong nuclear force.
- Because the sealants act as a physical barrier to decay and plaque build-up, in most cases, they provide 100 percent protection.
- It protects the ground from erosion by playing the role of barrier (for example, protection from water and wind).
- Ointments or creams may be less irritating than lotions or liquid solutions, but ointments create a barrier over the skin and don't allow it to receive air.
- Barrier creams and lotions can be used to prevent urushiol from contacting the skin or to reduce the severity of a reaction.
- This form of psoriasis is serious because, like a burn, it keeps the skin from serving as a protective barrier against injury and infection.
- Barrier creams and lotions help prevent the plant oil (urushiol) from coming in contact with the skin or reduce the severity of a reaction.
- If the barrier is too thin, the copper and CS layers will come into contact with one another and diffusion will take place.
- There was minimal damage to the right front corner of Stewart's car, while the contact sent Burton backward into a tire barrier.
- A dental sealant is a plastic coating that is applied to the chewing surface of permanent molar teeth providing a protective barrier.
- This sealant acts as a barrier, protecting the decay-prone areas of the back teeth from plaque and acid.
- The material of the moisture blocking layer (gas barrier layer) is preferably an inorganic material such as silicon nitride or silicon oxide.
- As the density of the material in contact with the barrier increases the effectiveness decreases.
- The Drakensberg mountains of South Africa or uKhahlamba (the Barrier of Spears) is a 200-kilometre-long mountainous wonderland and world heritage site.
- Further, instead of the "deviation aside" of nominal close misses, the reversed Coulomb barrier can convert a near miss into a collision "hit".
- Sealants create a barrier between teeth and the sugars and bacteria that can cause tooth decay.
- The barrier height is defined as the potential difference between the Fermi energy of the metal and the band edge where the majority carrier reside.
- Such a situation no longer leads itself to direct interpretations as the height of a potential barrier.
- The height of the barrier corresponds to the energy increase if the magnetization 3 is aligned along the hard axis.
- This barrier has helped the farmers in Kuttanad - where farming is done below sea level.
- From Unalakleet, the Trail generally stays at or near sea level as it skirts Norton Sound along the tidewater lagoons, spits, and barrier beaches.
- The proposed site is 400 metres above sea level with spectacular views across the coastal flats to the Coral Sea and the Great Barrier Reef in the distance.
- The barrier worked and infiltration subsided. Five years later, India sought to extend the barrier 620 miles through Jammu and Kashmir.
- Article 370 - It poses a psychological barrier for the full integration of the people of Jammu & Kashmir with the national mainstream.
- India is completing a separation barrier between Indian and Pakistani controlled areas of Kashmir to prevent infiltration by Pakistani based militants.
- Morocco has built a barrier against Algerian infiltration in the disputed territory of Western Sahara.
- Morocco has constructed a separation barrier in Western Sahara to keep the guerrilla fighters of Polisario out.
- Guam was added to the North American Numbering Plan in 1997, removing the barrier of high cost international long-distance calls to the U.S. Mainland.
- Biscayne Bay is a bay located on the Atlantic coast of south Florida, between Miami Beach on the barrier islands, and Miami on the mainland.
- They are separated from the mainland by the Sea of Japan, which historically served as a protective barrier.
- Viruses easily bypass the blood-brain barrier by attaching themselves to circulating immune cells.
- The plastic material fits into the grooves of these back teeth and acts as a barrier, protecting the enamel from plaque and acids.
- The sealant acts as a barrier, protecting enamel from plaque and acids.
- For example, the barrier between the passenger compartment and engine compartment in a car is known as a firewall.
- He spun in turn two, impacting the SAFER barrier on the outside retaining wall with the left side of the car.
- Sealants act as a barrier to prevent bacteria and food from collecting and sitting on the grooves and pits of teeth.
- Right after the car left the pits, the right rear came off, the car spun, hit the tire barrier and rolled onto its roof.
- The sealant-a pastic resin-bondsinto the pits and fissures and acts as a barrier, protecting enamel from plaque and acids.
- This amino acid is important in the metabolism of sugars and fats, and aids in the transportation of potassium across the blood-brain barrier.
- This amino acid is important in the metabolism of sugars and fats, and aids in transportation of potassium across blood brain barrier.
- Calculations show that sediment cover is not a significant barrier to the diffusion of potassium into the basalt.
- The junction acts as a barrier to the flow of electricity in one direction but presents almost no resistance in the other direction.
- Africa > Mediterranean > Jordan > West Bank
* Barrier Highway
* Barrier Reef
* Blood-Brain Barrier
* Blood Brain Barrier
* Blood Vessels
* Energy Barrier
* Jackie Robinson
* Moisture Barrier
* Natural Barrier
* Placental Barrier
* Rail Vehicles
* Safer Barrier
* Schottky Barrier
* Security Barrier
* Sound Barrier
* Thames Barrier
* West Bank
Books about "Barrier" in