Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Billy Cox"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Billy Cox is a bassist, best known for playing with guitarist Jimi Hendrix.
- Billy Cox quit the tour and headed home to Memphis, Tennessee after reportedly being dosed with PCP.
- Miles' former Band Of Gypsys sideman, Billy Cox, performed bass guitar on this track.
- He disbanded the Experience in 1969, forming the Band of Gypsies with drummer Buddy Miles and bassist Billy Cox to pursue funkier directions.
- Bassist Billy Cox quits the tour and returns to the United States.
- It also gives insight into the changing dynamics between Jimi, bassist Billy Cox and drummer Mitch Mitchell in recording sessions.
- Why? Because of Hendrix's flawless performance with Mitch Mitchell on drums and Billy Cox on bass.
- Campbell, Hendrix and Billy Cox moved to nearby Clarksville, Tennessee and re-formed their band as The King Kasuals.
- To replace Redding as bassist, Hendrix immediately tracked down Billy Cox, his old and trusted Army buddy.
- Written and produced by Hendrix, the song was recorded early in 1970 with the short-lived Band of Gypsys lineup of Hendrix, Buddy Miles and Billy Cox.
- On another night, Buddy Miles and Billy Cox were there as well as the large group of people who always seemed to be around Jimi.
- After that, he kept a low profile and formed a music group with Buddy Miles and Billy Cox for a while.
- They continued to do a tour of Europe with Billy Cox on bass, but Billy had a nervous breakdown that forced them to end the tour early.
- Practising in upstate New York and at Juggy's sound studio, Band of Gypsys comprised Billy Cox, an old paratrooper buddy, on bass and Buddy Miles on drums.
- Before the tour began however, Jimi fired Redding from the band and reinstated Billy Cox.
- Buddy Miles
- Culture > Arts > Music > Mitch Mitchell
Books about "Billy Cox" in