Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Billy Higgins"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Billy Higgins was an American jazz drummer.
- Lamont Johnson (piano), Scott Holt (contrabaixo) e Billy Higgins (bateria) fazem o pleno da secção rítmica.
- The session also featured trumpet er Don Cherry, drummer Billy Higgins, bassist Don Payne and Walter Norris on piano.
- Dedicated to drummers Eddie Blackwell and Billy Higgins for their contribution to jazz music.
- Walton is a classic old-school player and has worked with everyone from John Coltrane to Billy Higgins to Art Blakey's Jazz Messengers.
- You should have heard the night Ed Blackwell came into Bradley's and sat behind Billy Higgins while he was playing with Hank Jones and Ray Drummond.
- Berg remained with Walton for five years, playing alongside the legendary rhythm section of bassist Sam Jones and drummer Billy Higgins.
- A profile of Billy Higgins, one of the most recorded jazz drummers in history.
- In 1959, Haden he teamed with Ornette Coleman to form the saxophonist's pioneering quartet (alongside trumpeter Don Cherry and drummer Billy Higgins).
- In the rhythm section, Haden and Billy Higgins both could play with a classic jazz feel, but they also could experiment.
- Billy Higgins would be pretty high on my list, top 5 definetely; maybe Gene Krupa would be on it.
- He was a big influence as well as Art Blakey, and more so than anybody, Billy Higgins.
- Before he was eighteen, Ambrose had already performed with such famed musicians as Joe Henderson, Joshua Redman, Steve Coleman, and Billy Higgins.
- Billy Higgins will always be ranked high on any list of the greatest drummers in jazz.
- Played with him and Billy Higgins in LA a few years back.
- At Blue Note in the 1960's, "stock rhythm" meant bassists and drummers such as Ron Carter, Joe Chambers and Billy Higgins.
- The shining example of this is the trio of Cedar Walton, Ron Carter, and Billy Higgins.
- Eric McPherson's drums are brilliantly tuned: snare and toms like Roy Haynes, cymbals like Billy Higgins, bass drum like Peter Gabriel(!) - it's wonderful.
- That fall saw the release of Wish, where Joshua was joined by the all-star cast of Pat Metheny, Charlie Haden and Billy Higgins.
- Don Cherry is the trumpeter, Charlie Haden the bassist, Billy Higgins the drummer.
- That same year saw the release of Wish, where Redman was joined by an all-star supporting cast of Pat Metheny, Charlie Haden and the late Billy Higgins.
- On the Atlantic recordings, Scott LaFaro sometimes replaces Charlie Haden on double bass and either Billy Higgins or Ed Blackwell features on drums.
- In the left speaker is a quartet featuring Ornette (alto sax), Don Cherry (trumpet), Scott LaFaro (bass), and Billy Higgins (drums).
- Land is supported by a stellar group of musicians: Bill Henderson on piano, James Leary on bass, Billy Higgins on drums, and Alan Pasqua on synthesizer.
- Charlie Haden
- Don Cherry
- Musicians > Drummers > Jazz Drummers > Roy Haynes
- Music > Musicians > Miles Davis > Ron Carter
- Years Back
Books about "Billy Higgins" in