Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Billy Preston"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Billy Preston (sometimes referred to Do What You Want) is an album by Billy Preston released in 1976.
- Billy Preston was a splashy gospel-rooted keyboardist whose career included No.
- Billy Preston is a awesome Keyboard Player and if you have not heard of him you are missing out.
- Trivia: Billy Preston is noted for having been the first musical guest on Saturday Night Live in 1975.
- Janis Ian and Billy Preston were the musical guests on the first episode of Saturday Night Live in October 1975.
- Retrieved on 28 June 2008. "Billy Preston, the splashy gospel-rooted keyboardist whose career included No.
- A prolific writer, Billy Preston penned the multi-platinum standard "You Are So Beautiful" which was performed by his friend Joe Cocker.
- Thereafter, he and Arthur Lee played with Billy Preston and Jimmy James (the future Jimi Hendrix) as the house band at LA’s California Club.
- Billy Preston - Official site includes the late performer's biography and discography, videos, and links to news and tributes.
- Inspired by seeing Ray Charles in concert (with Billy Preston in the backup band) to pursue a career in the industry, he dropped out of high school.
- He also helped such fellow artists as Bobby Womack, Johnnie Taylor, Billy Preston and Lou Rawls make the transition from gospel to pop.
- On occasion Craig T. also hit the road and toured with the likes of Cheryl Lynn, Billy Preston, Ronnie Laws and many others.
- Syreeta finally had a pop hit with 1980's " With You I'm Born Again," a duet with Billy Preston.
- As a 13-year-old, Henderson played bass with the Fantastic Four, Detroit Emeralds, Billy Preston, and other Motown acts in 1964 and 1965.
- Personnel: Aretha Franklin (vocals, electric piano); Ray Charles (vocals, electric piano); King Curtis (soprano & tenor saxophones); Billy Preston (organ).
- King Curtis led a band including Cornell DuPree and his Kingpins, the Memphis Horns, Franklin's usual backup singers, and Billy Preston.
- Miles Davis titled a song "Billy Preston" in his honor.
- He recorded the song "With you I'm Born Again" with Syreeta Wright as Billy Preston and Syreeta, which reached #2 in the UK in 1979.
- Writing and recording The song was originally intended for Billy Preston, who had a minor hit with it in early 1970, in his album Encouraging Words.
- Moving to Britain, she recorded an album for Apple in 1970 with assistance from George Harrison and Billy Preston.
- Official site for Billy Preston - song writer, performer, session man and the only person to play with both the Beatles and Rolling Stones.
- The label of the Get Back single credits the artists on the record as "The Beatles with Billy Preston".
- George and Louis Johnson later joined Billy Preston 's band, and wrote Music in My Life and The Kids and Me for him before leaving his group in 1973.
- October 11 - NBC airs the first episode of Saturday Night Live (George Carlin is the first host; Billy Preston and Janis Ian the first musical guests).
- Billy Preston introduced the Stairsteps to the Beatles, and the group signed with George Harrison 's Dark Horse label distributed by A&M Records.
- Minor Hit
- Musical Instruments > Guitars > Guitarists > George Harrison
- Musical Instruments > Saxophones > Saxophonists > King Curtis
- Fantastic Four
Books about "Billy Preston" in