Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Billy Taylor"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Billy Taylor is a jazz pianist, composer, arranger, conductor, educator, author and host of the NPR series Billy Taylor's Jazz at the Kennedy Center.
- Billy Taylor (born July 24, 1921 in Greenville, North Carolina) is an American jazz pianist, composer, and educator.
- Billy Taylor is a jazz pianist who came to New York in 1942.
- Billy Taylor is a former NASCAR driver from Yanceville, NC. He competed in two Nextel Cup Series events in his career.
- Billy Taylor is a full-time dad as well as a screenwriter and the author of the comic novel Based on the Movie.
- Driving cars owned by Dick Armstrong with Billy Taylor as crew chief, Bodine started 84 feature events and won 55 of them.
- Wes Montgomery - With Billy Taylor & Joe Williams 1964 [no label 1CD] live at unknown venue and date recorded from Navy Swings radio show.
- The opening piano episode truly features legends: Dave Brubeck and Dr. Billy Taylor.
- Patato's first jazz work was with Billy Taylor at Philadelphia's Blue Note jazz club.
- Dr. Billy Taylor, jazz legend and ASCAP member, was this year's honoree.
- Dr. Billy Taylor encountered him at a Charlie Parker symposium in Kansas City and booked him for an appearance on CBS’s Sunday Morning.
- Jazz pianist Dr. Billy Taylor is retiring from public performance this week but will continue his educational endeavors.
- Dr. Billy Taylor: One of the great things about playing at Birdland is that I had several of the greatest rhythm sections I ever worked with.
- While performing at the Apollo in 1968, they were discovered by Motown recording artist Gladys Knight and pianist Billy Taylor.
- Possibly the pianist is Billy Taylor; I know that he and Cosby are acquainted.
- Among those who used Henderson's charts, in addition to Ellington, were Count Basie, Illinois Jacquet, and Billy Taylor.
- Four lectures on jazz history by Dr. Billy Taylor.
- Blanton shared the bass duties with Billy Taylor until Taylor left the Ellington orchestra in January 1940.
- The composer and pianist Billy Taylor is also among the African Americans who embrace the opera.
- Mr. Jarreau and Kurt Elling unite for an episode on jazz vocalists, for instance, and a show focusing on pianists pairs Mr. Brubeck and Billy Taylor.
- The pianists are a wonder, from Hank Jones' fine work through Brubeck's star turn and Billy Taylor in marvelous form on a medley.
- Pianist Billy Taylor called Peterson one of the finest jazz pianists of his time.
- Dr. Billy Taylor: Well Quincy is one of the most honest people I've met, I've known other people as talented.
- Thanks to Dr. Billy Taylor, artistic director, and Kevin Struthers, director of jazz at the Kennedy Center.
- Dr. Billy Taylor is a jazz pianist who came to New York in 1942.
- Billy Taylor began performing as a jazz pianist in 1942, when he was 21.
- Jazz pianist and educator Billy Taylor said Peterson "set the pace for just about everybody that followed him.
- Schedule of upcoming guests, transcripts of previous shows, and photo gallery of Dr. Billy Taylor and his guests on the NPR show.
- Notable bebop musicians such as Dizzy Gillespie and Billy Taylor started Afro-Cuban bands at that time.
- Knight later became a student and protégé of Dr. Billy Taylor, who himself had been a protégé of Art Tatum.
- Jazz Pianist
- Public Performance
- Kennedy Center
Books about "Billy Taylor" in