Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Blacks"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Blacks are 2.25 times more likely to commit officially-designated hate crimes against whites than vice versa.
- Blacks were barred from being church leaders, they say, by his successor, Brigham Young.
- Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against a white than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery.
- Blacks were confined to Watts and other communities in South Central Los Angeles, which received far fewer services than other areas of the city.
- Blacks were less likely to be circumcised (28.8%) compared to other racial groups, 42.6%, p = 0.002.
- Mike Wallace: From 1830 to 1978, blacks could not become priests in the Mormon church.
- You want Alex Toth or Howard Chaykin; bold blacks and whites, dramatic page design — the art should scream sex and danger and class.
- While American Blacks celebrated this as a victory in the fight against slavery, it served to further increase the demand for slaves.
- Fortune came from a family of Black Loyalists, (escaped slaves and free Blacks who joined the British army during the American Revolution to find liberty).
- Latin Americans of mixed Black and White ancestry, called Mulattoes, are far more numerous than Blacks.
- Finally, the American Civil War brought freedom to nearly 4 million blacks.
- Ferguson, the Court ruled that the 14th Amendment allowed a state to segregate whites and blacks by providing “separate but equal” facilities for blacks.
- Fortunately, abolitionists were not the only ones interested in giving blacks the right to vote.
- Eden Park - the city's primary stadium and a frequent home for All Blacks rugby and Black Caps cricket matches.
- In 1952 he and his friend Oliver Tambo were the first blacks to open a law practice in South Africa.
- Bishop Richard Allen and Elder James Tapisco and others of Philadelphia, and is one of the oldest books published by American Blacks.
- Aug. 10 Congress passes the Voting Rights Act of 1965, making it easier for Southern blacks to register to vote.
- Drawn by the promise of steady work and good wages, more than 200,000 southern blacks migrated to Pennsylvania from 1910 to 1920.
- Southern blacks, delivered from slavery a few decades before, started playing European music with Afro modifications.
- Many of the poor blacks who had come to the city from the South decided to stay in Oakland.
- This self-respect and pride permeated the Savoy Ballroom, one of the few places on earth where Blacks and whites could meet on the dance floor as equals.
- In the United States, colorectal cancer disproportionally affects blacks, who have higher incidence and mortality rates compared to whites.
- Race The incidence of pulmonary embolism appears to be significantly higher in blacks than in whites.
- Coronary artery disease affects people of all races, but the incidence is extremely high among blacks and Southeast Asians.
- Similarly, blacks and Hispanics are concentrated is such regions as the South or Southwest where circumcision is less prevalent.
- Ben Israel impressed upon other blacks the belief that African-Americans descended from the biblical tribe of Judah.
- Historians believe that by the 19th century, the belief that blacks were descended from Ham was used by southern United States whites to justify slavery.
- If anything, this belief of Jews in their special relationship with blacks encourages anti-Semitism.
- Aortic dissection is more common in blacks than in whites and less common in Asians than in whites.
- Portuguese is spoken by blacks and whites from Angola.
- Jacques Pierre Brissot (1754-1793), who organised the Society of the Friends of the Blacks in 1788 in the midst of the French Revolution.
- The reason for the relocation was due to the fact that Nova Scotia was free and blacks would not have to be slaves.
- As a publisher and writer, Carrie Best shows that Blacks are often not treated fairly in Nova Scotia.
- On top of that, Bill Clinton infuriated blacks in South Carolina by mildly race-baiting Obama.
- Muir AJ, Bornstein JD, Killenberg PG. Peginterferon alfa-2b and ribavirin for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C in blacks and non-Hispanic whites.
- When blacks began singing adapted versions of these hymns, they were called Negro spirituals.
- Separation of whites and blacks was mandated by the Reichstag (German parliament), which enacted a law against mixed marriages in the African colonies.
- Both Farrakhan and Fulani have criticized the view that the Democratic Party is the only appropriate political party for Blacks in the United States.
- The national rugby team is called the All Blacks and has the best winning record of any national team in the world.
- Rosenberg considered blacks as well as Jews to be at the very bottom of the ladder.
- He volunteered, along with fellow activist Mickey Schwerner, to work as part of the "Freedom Summer" project to register blacks to vote in Mississippi.
- The Delta blues of Mississippi had migrated north to Chicago along with the masses of southern blacks during previous decades.
- New Orleans is 67 percent black, and about half the blacks are poor.
- But American newspapers and televisions fixated on one city, New Orleans, in one County, Orleans County, Louisiana, and its poor blacks.
- In addition there are many Samoans that have played for or are playing for the All Blacks.
- In addition there are many Samoans that have played for or are playing for the New Zealand All Blacks.
- New Zealand was also one of the African boycott targets, due to the " All Blacks " (national rugby team) having toured apartheid -ruled South Africa.
- Of the participants referred, 9,944 (72.4 percent) of whites and 480 (62.6 percent) of blacks saw a physician and had a colonoscopy.
- Many blacks took it for granted that federal relief was slow because the victims were black.
- Most victims are poor blacks in South Africa's cities: reported deaths last year totalled more than 18,000.
- When blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times more likely than non-blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife.
- Separate but equal classified based on race and reflected a belief in the inferiority of blacks.
- Perhaps the most radical feature of the Emancipation Proclamation was the enrollment of free and newly emancipated blacks into military service.
- In Taney's opinion, slaves as well as free blacks, would never be able to become U.S. citizens; hence, Scott had no standing to sue in a court of law.
- The goal of the Democrats was to never allow the Constitution to be amended to include blacks as citizens.
- And, as Lester Holt of MSNBC said, it became clear as he spoke with blacks around the state that they felt Bill Clinton had been 'disrespectful' to Obama.
- The rate of ED visits for acute pancreatitis among U.S. blacks was significantly higher than that among whites throughout the study period.
- CONCLUSIONS: The hospitalization rate for acute pancreatitis in the United States is rising and is higher in blacks than in whites.
- Gandhi and South African Blacks: Gandhi wrote extensively about his experiences with the blacks of South Africa.
- In fact, civilization in the Sahara and Sudan existed before Egypt was settled by Blacks from the South and the Sahara.
- In 1843, four White men from Virginia, billed as the "Virginia Minstrels," darkened their faces and imitated the singing and dancing of Blacks.
- The hospitalization rates of patients with acute pancreatitis per 100,000 population are 3 times higher for blacks than whites.
- But bigger producers are starting to look at the growing market among middle-class urban blacks, a tiny percentage of the population of some 50 million.
- Economics > Labor > Slavery > Slaves
- Society > Economics > Labor > Slavery
- United States > American Society > African American > African Americans
- Thought > Belief > Religion > Religion And Economics
* African Americans
* Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater
* Black Grapes
* Black Power
* Civil War
* Confederate Congress
* Considerable Variation
* Dash Diet
* Dred Scott Decision
* East Indians
* Elijah Muhammad
* Ethnic Groups
* Female Blues Singers
* Former Slaves
* Free Blacks
* Fugitive Slaves
* Harlem Renaissance
* Harriet Tubman
* Important Role
* Jim Crow
* Levi Coffin
* Mexican Americans
* Political Process
* Racial Segregation
* Reconstruction Period
* Richard Allen
* South Africa
* South Carolina
* Ted Tonks
* Underground Railroad
* United States
* Violent Crime
* Voting Rights
* Voting Rights Act
Books about "Blacks" in