Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Blade"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Blade is a 1998 film starring Wesley Snipes and Stephen Dorff, loosely based on the published stories of the Marvel Comics character Blade.
- The blade is very deep and curved on its face; this resembles a Chinese sabre or the Japanese naginata and bisento, or the European glaive and voulge.
- The blade is rounded at the base, extending generally 5-lobed without fine teeth (compared to red and silver maples).
- The blade is rounded at the base, extending generally 5 to lobules without fine teeth (compared to Red and Silver Maples).
- The blade is rounded at the base, which usually runs from 5 to lobules without fine teeth (compared to Red and silver maples).
- The typical dagger has a pointed, usually double-edged blade, as opposed to a knife, which has a single edge and is a bit shorter than the dagger.
- Before, practice was carried out with either a very hard wooden sword (a bokken) or one with a dulled steel blade.
- A saw with a narrow blade (a keyhole saw) is a handy tool when cutting off old gnarled branches.
- Cost: 500 Zenny Falchion 7 Strength+3 Trench coat A single edged heavy blade with a slight curve at the tip.
- A blade longer than two shaku is considered a daitō, or long sword.
- Ashwatthama had picked up a small blade of grass and charged it with the Brahmastra and fired it at the Pandavas.
- Shave biopsy: A procedure in which a skin abnormality and a thin layer of surrounding skin are removed with a small blade for examination under a microscope.
- The suction-side boundary layer on the rotor blade will be bled off, the air will be re-energized using a MEMS-based micropump embedded within the blade.
- A glaive is a polearm consisting of a single-edged blade on the end of a pole.
- With this came a single-edged blade known as the chokuto.
- Under anesthesia, the enlarged areas of gingiva can be cut back with a scalpel blade, but it usually recurs.
- Some small islands don't have a single blade of grass, but are completely filled with houses.
- Jojutsu is taught so you will still be armed and dangerous if your axe blade separates from the stick.
- After fixing the blade on to the frame, tighten the wing-nut to ensure proper tension for the hacksaw blade.
- The blades may be either flat like a hacksaw blade or round.
- Bisento: A spear-like weapon with a blade resembling a scimitar affixed to its end.
- The Blade Element Theory: States that blade element equals radial cross-section of a blade.
- If a patient's jaw is deteriorating or is especially thin, a subperiosteal implant, blade implant, or cylinder implant might be used instead.
- The story presented in the anime never reaches a point where the nature of the Blade Children is explained.
- Under scanning electron microscope, the edge of the razor blade from the resonator was seen to take on a smoother, less angular form over time.
- Cut out the desired piece of agarose using a razor blade or scalpel blade, and try to get as little extra agarose as possible.
- The most common symptom of cholecystitis is pain in your upper right abdomen that can sometimes move around to your back or right shoulder blade.
- He then sheared off the tip of his left shoulder blade when he crashed early in the '95 season and did the same to his right shoulder blade in '99.
- The scapula is a large, triangular, flat bone on the back side of the rib cage commonly called the shoulder blade.
- The scapula, unlike the shoulder blade of other animals, is narrow, thin and slightly curved.
- In the 1970s JPL did extensive studies of rotating blade and rotating ring sails for a mission to rendezvous with Halley's Comet.
- Extraction Atherectomy uses a rotating blade inside the tip of the catheter to cut the plaque.
- Czisny says when she finds her blade finds the sweet spot and she begins rotating, she could stay in that position all day.
- A daito is a sword with a blade longer than two shaku (shaku = 11.9 inches).
- They were quickly turned heel as The Blade Runners.
- The angle of attack is increased on the retreating blade to produce more lift, compensating for the slower airspeed over the blade.
- Propeller pitch --the angle at which the propeller blade (or part of it) "bites" into the air, its angle of attack.
- Insert a scalpel blade into the inferior frontal gyrus to a depth of 2 cm, at an angle of about 70 E to the cortical surface.
- Unlike the zanbato the blade tended to be thin towards the tip making it lighter to wield.
- The espada ropera distinguishes itself from the rapier in that its blade, though thin, could be used to make effective cuts.
- In this story, the dime is so old that it has become thin as a razor blade and allows Scrooge to cut binding ropes and escape from the Beagle Boys.
- Thus, if the bird strike causes it to "throw a blade" (break apart in a way where parts fly off at high speed), doing so must not cause loss of the aircraft.
- Over the course of a season, the sticks would splinter, they would break, the blade would snap off, the shaft would crack.
- A scapular fracture is a break in the scapula (shoulder blade).
- The provocatores are distinguishable by a helmet without crest, a curved rectangular shield, and a sword with a straight blade.
- It also has the side effect of making a loud "hiss" when the sword is swung straight (back of blade (mune) in line with the ha).
- This is not possible with the straight "blade" of the shinai.
- When viewed from the side, the blade of a figure skate is not flat, but curved slightly, forming an arc of a circle with a radius of 180-220 cm.
- As the blade swings to the other side of the helicopter, it moves at rotor tip speed minus aircraft speed and is called the retreating blade.
- Like the foliage leaves, the cotyledon often has a basal sheath surmounted on one side by a limb that may or may not be divided into blade and petiole.
- Fujita Seiko, in his Shurikenjutsu book depicts the blade as the type of tanto shown in Fig.
- When unarmored, samurai would carry their sword with the blade facing up.
- Its blade was typically a hollow triangular shape and was much thicker at the hilt.
- A light spear or lance, especially one with a short shaft and long blade for close combat, used by Bantu peoples of southern Africa.
- This area is protected by the blade of the stick at all times, and is closed up by the upper leg pads when the goalie is in the butterfly position.
- Note that the assumption here is that it cranks - the crankshaft and blade rotates in a normal manner but the engine never catches.
- The holes 38 defined by the blade portion are oblong and increase the vertical surface area for vertical bracing relative to the jawbone.
- A dental implant can be shaped like a screw, cylinder or blade that is surgically placed into the jawbone.
- In FIG. 3 a post 40 is secured by a screw 30 to a blade implant 50 having a bore 51, at its top face.
- In clasping or decurrent leaves, the blade partially or wholly surrounds the stem, often giving the impression that the shoot grows through the leaf.
- Biken Jutsu, the arts of the blade which includes iai (drawing the sword) ken (the use of the sword) tanto (knife).
- In the manga, after being defeated by Vash the Stampede, Rai-Dei the Blade attempts to shoot his blade at Vash, (?) but is shot to death by Wolfwood.
- Hizumi Mizushiro He only appears in the manga; and is the 'younger brother' of the father of the Blade Children.
- In the manga, Yamato already begun with having a B-Daman named Cobalt Sword which would be upgraded to Cobalt Blade.
- A petiole may be absent, or the blade may not be laminar (flattened).
- Otherwise, the blade is compound and each large division of the laminar tissue arising from the rachis is called a pinna (pl., pinnae).
- His Musou attack involves forward slashing and slicing with the blade, in almost the same way as Lü Meng does with his lance.
- If the ovary is large enough, you can do this by holding the ovary vertically in one hand and slicing it with a razor blade held in the other hand.
- Made to slice through its target with a single cut, a sword of Dotanuki design is characterized by its thicker and heavier blade.
- A blade warrior uses the same `slice, slice' move over and over.
- Ritual beheading happened after death, using a thin blade that would cut down through the front of the neck and slice between the vertebrae.
- Glaive Fork- The glaive fork is simply a glaive with a spiked prong set to face forward from the blade.
- A pressure difference is produced between the forward and rear surfaces of the airfoil -shaped blade, and air or water is accelerated behind the blade.
- With a straight blade, it was for thrust and puncture, not slash and gash like the cutlass.
- It is the inertial reaction of this gas flow that causes the engine to provide thrust, this force being used to propel an airframe or a rotor blade.
- RZA has gone on to score several more productions including Blade: Trinity, Afro Samurai, The Protector, Freedom Writers and several others.
- The sabre is the "cutting" weapon, with a curved guard and a triangular blade.
- A dagger typically having a slender square or triangular blade.
- The Aberaeron shovel too, with its long, curved handle and triangular blade was well suited to the needs of a hilly country.
- During this period of time, the longsword grew out of the arming sword, eventually resulting in a blade comfortably wielded in both hands at once.
- Equipment > Tools > Weapons > Sword
- Humans > Medicine > Anatomy > Shoulder
- Fishing > Fisheries > Fish > Skate
* Brian Blade
* Curved Blade
* Metal Blade
* Miao Dao
* Short Sword
* Skate Blade
* Soul Calibur
* Soul Edge
* Wesley Snipes
Books about "Blade" in