Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Blue Horde"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Blue Horde was one of descendat states which formed around 1227 as the Mongol Empire desintegrated.
- The White Horde (or Blue Horde) remained strong from its foundation (around 1240) until the 1350s.
- He briefly united the Blue Horde with the White Horde in 1380.
- After that Pope Alexander IV tried without success to create a crusade against the Blue Horde (see Mongol invasion of Poland).
- In 1380, he invaded the Blue Horde by fording across the Volga.
- His Blue Horde became the Golden Horde (or Kipchak Khanate), which ruled Russia for around 250 years, after also destroying the armies of Poland and Hungary.
- The Blue Horde in Russia enjoyed a period of fairly good economic activity.
- The White Horde and the Blue Horde were effectively consolidated into a single state by Batu's brother Berke.
- West of the Volga river were the lands of his younger brother Batu Khan, who became the first ruler of the Blue Horde.
- Ulaghchi (Ulaqchi or Ulavchii) Khan was the third khan of the Blue Horde and Golden Horde, ruling for less than a year in 1257.
- Their khan, Chimtai, sent his brothers to take the Golden Horde throne during the Blue Horde 's period of anarchy, (1359-1380).
- In the next battle, however, Kaidu defeated Baraq near Khojand with the assistance of Berkecher, uncle of Mengu-Timur, the Khan of the Blue Horde.
- Hulagu returned to his lands by 1262, but instead of being able to avenge his defeats, was drawn into civil war with Berke and the Blue Horde.
- At the same time Mamai turned kingmaker in the Blue Horde.
- After that he defeated Mamai, and annexed the territory of the Blue Horde, briefly reestablishing the Golden Horde as a dominant regional power in 1381.
- The Blue Horde merged into both the other hordes, yet never really went away until finally the Golden Horde was defeated.
- Tamerlane then helped Tokhtamysh to unite his White Horde with Blue Horde and to gain the throne of the combined state.
- He united the Blue Horde with his own White Horde and created the Golden Horde in 1380.
- In 1375, Urus Khan, the eighth khan of the Left wing, became a contested khan of both the Blue Horde and the White Horde.
- The ruler of the Blue Horde, Mamai, was killed shortly after the Battle of Kulikovo, making Tokhtamysh's victory over the horde all the easier.
- This is an incomplete list of Khans of the White Horde, Blue Horde, Golden Horde and of the Great Horde (after 1359 not all rulers are accountable).
- Kaidu turned to Berke, Khan of the Blue Horde, for assistance; the latter provided him with resources and an army.
- Countries > Russia > Golden Horde > Berke
Books about "Blue Horde" in