Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Body Weight"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Body weight was lower in pre-menopausal women; however histological steatosis (fatty liver) was not significantly different between the two groups.
- Body weight was not affected by any of the exposure conditions.
- Upper body weight is distributed through the spine to the sacrum and pelvis.
- Low body weight is associated with risk of tuberculosis as well.
- Ideal body weight is used in the calculation because amino acids are not needed by fat cells, only by the lean body mass.
- The safety of dosing dalteparin based on actual body weight for the treatment of acute venous thromboembolism in obese patients.
- As much as one-half of our dry body weight, including most of our muscle mass, skin, hair, eyes, and nails is made up of protein.
- Next to water, amino acids in the form of proteins make up the greatest portion of our body weight.
- In the human body, proteins are a necessary part of every living cell and next to water, proteins make up the greatest portion of our body weight.
- Iguanodon was an ornithopod, whose intelligence (as measured by its relative brain to body weight, or EQ) was midway among the dinosaurs.
- On the basis of initial body weight, subjects drank between 400 and 600 ml of water to offset volume loss during exercise.
- The risk for gallstones are highest in the following dieters: Those who lost more than 24% of their initial body weight.
- In terms of brain to body weight ratios they were well below late Cenozoic mammals.
- In the DIO mice, the liver weight to body weight ratio was higher than in lean animals.
- Excretion of tranexamic acid is about 90% at 24 hours after intravenous administration of 10 mg per kg body weight.
- Prior to carotid clamping, all patients were given a therapeutic dose of heparin (100 unit per Kg body weight).
- Significantly decreased body weight was observed at the highest dose (19200 ppm) after 4 and 12 weeks of administration.
- A 4 mg dose every 12 hours may be sufficient in some patients, such as adults of low body weight.
- In contrast, a healthy body weight, physical fitness, and good nutrition decreases cancer risk in general.
- Although the role of diet in pancreatitis is not clear, doctors recommend eating a low-fat diet and staying at a healthy body weight.
- Regular exercise and flexibility stretches, a healthy body weight, and good posture are all important to the condition of your spinal column.
- It is necessary for the maintenance of normal body weight and also helps to maintain the proper nitrogen balance in the body.
- Weightless (Weight less) tea helps maintain normal body weight by combining herbs traditionally used to reduce excess fluids from your body.
- Weightless Cranberry helps maintain normal body weight by combining herbs traditionally used to reduce excess fluids from your body.
- Maintain a healthy body weight and keep an active lifestyle to help prevent the onset of type 2 diabetes.
- These conditions and diseases include obesity and excess body weight, hypertension, lipid abnormalities, and diabetes.
- On average, patients will lose 50-70% of their excess body weight.
- Studies show that after 10 to 14 years, 50-60% of excess body weight loss has been maintained by some patients.
- In an average healthy adult, the volume of blood represents just under a tenth of the body weight, or about 5 litres.
- Clearance and volume of distribution after adjustment for body weight were also similar.
- The volume of the graft should not be below 50% of the required liver volume, which is estimated as 2% of body weight of the recipient.
- Body weight gain was significantly decreased in high dose level males during the entire study and in females during the first 6 weeks.
- Eating healthy diet, be physically active, control your body weight, and relax your mind seems helpful to prevent diabetes.
- Some studies suggest that vegetarian food helps keep body weight under control  and reduces risk of Heart diseases  .
- Many things can affect the dose of medication that a person needs, such as body weight, other medical conditions, and other medications.
- Average weight loss with orlistat is also about 5 to 10 percent of your initial body weight after one year of taking the medication.
- Patients treated with topiramate experienced mean percent reductions in body weight that were dose-dependent.
- Reductions of total body weight at birth are related to maternal exposure to mercury.
- Macchi G. A new approach to the treatment of obesity: chitosan's effects on body weight reduction and plasma cholesterol levels.
- Body weight reduction has not been proven to be associated with psyllium use in adults.
- This study also indicated it was ineffective for body weight reduction in obese patients (Imbrogno et al.
- No special diet was recommended and the body weight of the patients remained constant during the study period.
- The cholecystokinin-A receptor mediates inhibition of food intake yet is not essential for the maintenance of body weight.
- Hummingbirds consume half of their body weight in food every day.
- An adult beluga will eat about 2.5% to 3% of its body weight per day, or 50 pounds (25 kg) of food a day, or more.
- Adult killer whales eat approximately 3% to 4% of their body weight in food per day and fully weaned calves can eat up to 10% of their body weight per day.
- Body weight and body mass index and ovarian cancer risk: a case-control study in China.
- Low activity level, poor diet, and excess body weight (especially around the waist) significantly increase your risk for type 2 diabetes.
- Although heredity can play a role in type II diabetes, excess body weight and lack of exercise significantly increase the risk.
- Then by the time the whales return to their feeding ground, they have lost up to one-third of their body weight.
- These levels would require ingestion of considerably more than 2.5 mg per pound of body weight, or several cups of coffee, over a short period of time.
- Unfortunately, the excess weight does not "magically" disappear - it takes time and a weight reduction diet to return to normal body weight.
- Among the hormones that have been identified in the anterior pituitary are a growth hormone which can increase height and raise body weight.
- This observation does not appear related to a difference in body weight, metabolism, or excretion of oxymorphone (see PRECAUTIONS: Geriatric Use).
- Body weight, blood lipid profiles, blood pressure, and safety measures were taken prior to and following four weeks of supplementation.
- A recent intervention study examined if an increase in calcium from dairy products would affect body weight in young women.
- Oftentimes, hypothalamic amenorrhea (HA) is associated with strenuous exercise, low body weight and body fat, disordered eating or stress.
- The body weight of each cat is shown as the percentage of weight gain, compared with the weight determined immediately prior to infection.
- Dehydration is classified as mild, moderate, or severe based on the percentage of body weight lost.
- There are no significant differences in trovafloxacin pharmacokinetics between males and females when differences in body weight are taken into account.
- Glycemic index and glycemic load in relation to changes in body weight, body fat distribution, and body composition in adult Danes.
- Bromocriptine has been used for treatment of PRL-secreting adenomas without reported changes in body weight.
- These decreases were not accompanied by overt clinical toxicity, e.g., changes in body weight, food consumption, or clinical appearance, during the study.
- The hormones produced by the thyroid affect your metabolism, energy, muscle function, body weight, cholesterol levels and brain function, to name a few.
- This area of the spine is the source of much body motion and supports most of the body weight.
- This is partly because the low back has to withstand pressure from body weight and from movements such as lifting, carrying, and twisting.
- Changes in serum lipid concentrations were independent of changes in body weight and dietary intake of total fat, saturated fat, and cholesterol.
- Obesity means an abundance of fat tissue, not merely excess in body weight, which can result from an increase in muscle mass or body fluid.
- The dietary calcium intake achieved did not adversely affect body weight, fat and lean mass or blood lipid profiles.
- However,.8 grams per pound of body weight should be considered a minimum for strength athletes and bodybuilders.
- For children and adults, base dosing on ideal body weight.
- For obese, or severely obese patients, BUSULFEX should be administered based on adjusted ideal body weight.
- People who are 20% or more over their ideal body weight have an increased risk of developing coronary artery disease.
- BMI describes body weight relative to height and is strongly correlated with total body fat content in adults.
- It defines body weight relative to height and, for most adults, correlates with total body fat.
- Try to maintain ideal body weight for your sex and height.
- With intentional weight loss, the person undertakes certain changes in their lifestyle which results in a loss of body weight.
- The human brain makes up only about 2 per cent of the total body weight, but it uses about 20 per cent of the oxygen used by the entire body when at rest.
- Animals in group IV however, had a body weight gain, 102 per cent of preburn body weight on day 12.
- The administration of cyclophosphamide, a strong immunosuppressant, produced a side effect in the form of a reduction in the body weight of the mice.
- Rats and mice that drank barium over long periods had damage to the kidneys, decreases in body weight, and decreased survival.
- Mice of both genotypes on PA-deficient diets exhibited poor grooming, greying of fur and decreased body weight.
- Bones. Low body weight and calcium loss from corticosteroids contribute to osteoporosis (bone loss).
- The human skeletal system consists of bones, cartilage, ligaments and tendons and accounts for about 20 percent of the body weight.
- The body weight of this species has been estimated as 15 g.
- Humans > Medicine > Anatomy > Body
* Aerobic Exercise
* Approximately 4%
* Body Surface Area
* Body Temperature
* Brain Size
* Brain Weight
* Clinical Signs
* Control Group
* Daily Consumption
* Daily Dosage
* Daily Supplement
* Exercise Performance
* Fat Accumulation
* Fat Mass
* Feeding Season
* Human Brain
* Lean Body Mass
* Lower Body Weight
* Maintenance Dose
* Oolong Tea
* Pediatric Patients
* Recommended Daily Allowance
* Recommended Dose
* Sperm Whales
* Three Times
* Treatment Groups
* Typical Dose
* Young Adults
Books about "Body Weight" in