Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Break Point"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Federer faced just one break point in the match and lost 11 points over eight service games.
- McEnroe broke Courier in the seventh game of the second set, benefitting from Courier missing an easy forehand on break point.
- Another big forehand winner offered up a third break point, which Djokovic missed when his return landed just out.
- The ninth-seeded Ferrero, the Monte Carlo champion in 2002 and '03, did not face a break point in his 6-3, 6-4 win over Germany's Benjamin Becker.
- Federer never faced a break point as he beat Haas for the ninth straight time to reach his record 20th Grand Slam final.
- Nadal, the world number three who was runner-up to Federer here last year, did not face a single break point en route to defeating the 6ft 9in Isner 7-5 6-4.
- Djokovic saves all three break points, but Nadal gains a fourth break point by running Djokovic side to side with his topspin forehand.
- Roddick missed a relatively easy high backhand volley on the fourth break point.
- Two-time runner-up Andy Roddick served 17 aces and never faced a break point as he downed Eduardo Schwank of Argentina 7-5, 6-4, 7-6 (0).
- Roddick hit serves at up to 141 mph, and the lone break point he faced came while leading 3-1 in the third set.
- Bhupathi and Knowles played a solid service game and didn't face a single break point in the match that lasted one hour 12 minutes.
- After her own early loss of serve, Sharapova buckled down in that regard: She didn't face a break point the rest of the match.
- Sharapova never earned a break point and lost her own serve five times.
- The match turned two games later, when Roddick reached break point for the first time.
- After breaking Nadal for the only time, and later holding serve without facing a break point for the only time, Federer pulled even in the second set at 3-3.
- Federer goes long at break point down.
- Federer hit three return winners, including a forehand off a 122 mph serve on break point, to take a 3-1 lead.
- A break point occurs if the receiver, not the server, has a game point.
- The 2003 US Open champion saved the lone break point he faced in his opening-round 6-4, 6-4 win over Russian Igor Andreev.
- The Australian Open champion won 12 straight games without facing a break point, winning 51 of the 76 points.
- The 24-year-old Argentine never faced a break point in reaching the quarterfinals.
- Once ahead Roddick, roared on by a packed crowd basking in Floridian sunshine, never looked like giving up his advantage, not once offering a break point.
- Sharapova converted her next break point chance to extend her advantage to 4-1 and held serve from there, making good on her third set point.
- He mustered only one break point against Nadal's serve in the opening frame, and was broken to love in the ninth game to surrender the set.
- In the ninth game, Schiavone pounced on a second serve, followed the shot to net and blocked a backhand volley winner to earn triple break point.
- But there were flashes of the old McEnroe temper, especially after a ball that appeared to be long was called in on a break point.
- Federer, the three-time defending champion, made the all-important break when Al Ghareeb double fault on break point.
- Williams saved a break point in the fifth game before Sharapova held at love to make it 5-1.
- She earned a break point and a chance to go up 4-1, but Venus saved it with a stretch forehand crosscourt volley.
- Davenport gave Graf a chance when she flopped a forehand into the net to give the German a break point at 0-1 in the second set.
- Jankovic rallied midway through the second set, and Henin had to save a break point before moving ahead 5-2.
- At 3-3 and 15-30, a double fault by Dementieva gave Schnyder a break point that she converted with a spectacular backhand lob to lead 4-3.
- Murray held and kept his opponent behind the baseline, finally converting a break point with a smash that drew him to 5-4.
- The decisive moment came with Nadal facing a break point at 1-2 as the Spaniard leapt to hit a smash but sent it sailing over the baseline.
- After firing off seven aces and never facing a break point, Venus sent Russian Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova off to consider her next tournament.
- Hewitt took a misguided trip to the net on that break point, allowing at long last, the perfect alleyway for Roddick’s forehand passing shot.
- Federer did not face a break point against Tsonga.
- Serving at 15-40, Serena saved the first break point with a second serve into the body that forced a backhand error from Venus.
- There were no breaks of serve and only one break point total in the first two sets, that being on Federer's serve.
- He was defeated 7-6, 7-6, 6-2 with no breaks of serve and only one break point total in the first two sets, that being on Federer's serve.
- Agassi forced a series of deuces and, on his second break point, took the set 7-5.
- But 74 unforced errors cost Querrey as Nadal won the second set on his second break point to even the match.
- After the delay, Davenport held for 5-5 and then executed her second break point to take the lead.
- When Wawrinka missed a crosscourt backhand, Roddick got his second break point.
- This one is a point where Nadal saved a break point in the second set.
- The third-ranked Djokovic was dominant from the start and didn't face a single break point en route to the victory over Nadal.
- Agassi needed just 86 minutes to dispatch Kiefer, saving the only break point he faced.
- Then, after Williams fended off a break point to take a 4-3 edge, Ivanovic ran off the last three games, rallying from 15-40 as she served for the match.
- Roddick's head cleared sufficiently for him to get a foothold in the third set and he saved a break point in game five with a serve.
- Sampras double-faulted on break point to lose the first game of the final set.
- Then, serving for the set at 5-3, Sampras faced his first break point.
- Nadal lost just one first-serve point and never faced a break point in beating Ancic for the fourth time in five meetings.
- Even though the Belgian had managed to beat Sharapova in four of their previous five meetings, she was able to muster just a single break point.
- Federer, the world number one and top seed, never faced a break point as he dismissed former world number one Lleyton Hewitt of Australia 6-3, 6-4.
- Also in Tokyo, Lleyton Hewitt couldn't be more frustrated after holding serve 12 times (and not facing a break point) but still losing to Ivo Karlovic.
- The ending point of the spatial vector is the break point of the interconnect wire segment farther from the driver.
- The starting point of the spatial vector is the break point of the interconnect wire segment closer to the driver.
- Second Set
- Tennis > Tennis Players > Rafael Nadal > Nadal
- Third Set
- First Set
* Break Points
* Eighth Game
* Entire Match
* Final Set
* First Match Point
* First Set
* Forehand Long
* Fourth Game
* Fourth Set
* Four Break Points
* Last Game
* Opening Set
* Second Game
* Second Match Point
* Second Set
* Sixth Game
* Third Game
* Third Set
Books about "Break Point" in