Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Brigade"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- A brigade was formed consisting of four battalions, an artillery battalion, and an engineer battalion.
- Brigade was located in Bolhrad.
- The brigade was transferred to the area of the Modlin Fortress and on August 13 joined the 5th Army under general Władysław Sikorski.
- His brigade was designated the 1st Brigade in the newly created 3rd Division and joined Scott's army in time for the Battle of Contreras.
- His brigade was selected to lead the advance of John Bell Hood 's army into Tennessee.
- Upon the final establishment of the Liangshan brigade, the Cais formed part of the 72 Earthly Warriors.
- The borough ran its own fire brigade which was absorbed into the London Fire Brigade in 1965.
- Here the brigade was in Major General Alexander P. Stewart's Division, where it remained until the Battle of Chickamauga.
- At Chickamauga, September 19-20, the brigade, under the command of Colonel Fulton of the 44th, was in Bushrod Johnson's Provisional Division.
- During the Civil War, Clingman commanded a brigade of infantry.
- Chapters are devoted to Clingman as a lawyer, politician, and Congressman, Clingman as soldier, battles fought by the brigade, and the four regiments.
- In my opinion it was callous act to launch a company and three tank against an armoured brigade.
- Because Armstrong's orders were initially unclear, a brigade of regulars under Brigadier General Winfield Scott proceeded to Buffalo on the Niagara.
- Braxton Bragg's Confederates believed that a fresh corps was coming up, so great was the volume of fire put out by the Lightning Brigade.
- An example of this was the celebrated "Lightning Brigade" of Col.
- The men in the Lightning Brigade reflected the fighting spirit of their combative commander.
- After leaving the Brigade Headquarters, we headed to the 4th Battalion Forward Headquarters, the atmosphere there was very tense.
- During the War of Independence (1948-1949), he commanded the Harel Brigade, deployed on the Jerusalem front.
- He commanded the Harel Brigade that fought on the road to Jerusalem during the beginning of the 1948 Israel Arab war.
- The Highland Brigade is a historical unit of the British Army, which has been formed a number of times.
- Other Interesting Facts The area where the Travancore Brigade was settled came to be called as Palayam, which means army settlement.
- As the Confederate lines began to crumble under heavy Union assault, Jackson's brigade provided crucial reinforcements on Henry House Hill.
- During this attack, Corporal Issy Smith of the 1st Manchesters, which belonged to the Jullundur Brigade won a Victoria Cross.
- He commanded a brigade at Shiloh (April), and a division at Richmond (Aug.) and Perryville, Ky.
- As Pettigrew's Brigade (the largest in the army) came on line they drove the Iron Brigade back.
- Preparations were pushed ahead for an armed revolt, and he was made commandant of the Third Battalion and adjutant of the Dublin Brigade.
- Du eventually became part of the 72 Earthly Warriors when the final Liangshan brigade was formed.
- By May 1940, when the German attack began, it consisted of ten infantry divisions in three corps, a tank brigade and a RAF detachment of about 500 aircraft.
- Initially commanding a tank brigade in the French 5th Army, de Gaulle implemented many of his theories and tactics for armoured warfare.
- At the beginning of WWI Jozef Kustron was fighting as warrant officer with II Brigade of the Polish Legions in East Carpathian Mountains.
- On September 19, a division from Union General George Thomas's corps moved out to strike at what Thomas thought was an isolated Confederate brigade.
- He was able to hold off repeated assaults by a Confederate brigade of Hood's division with his five relatively small regiments.
- At 3:30 p.m., the Confederate brigade of Brig.
- In February 1921, Reza Khan, commander of the Persian Cossack Brigade, staged a coup d'état, becoming the effective ruler of Iran.
- The artillery with the Persian Cossack brigade at Tehran also have a few Russian horses.
- A determined Kershaw threw his men back into the attack, re-enforced with a Georgia Brigade under Brig.
- Fighting began in earnest around 4:30 when a Georgia Brigade commanded by Brig.
- He had temporary command of Alexander Lawton 's Georgia brigade from September until November 1862, seeing additional action at Fredericksburg.
- I ordered my Second Brigade, then commanded by Col.
- To replace discharged regimental bands, brigade bands were formed to serve the entire brigade of a division.
- Meagher returned to New York from the battlefield of First Bull Run, obsessed with organizing an entire brigade of Irish regiments.
- At this battle, it was said that the Kurds slaughtered an entire brigade.
- After the war, Krüger first joined a naval brigade; in August 1919, he became a member of the Freikorps von Lützow, which he left again in March 1920.
- A Naval Brigade was defined as a body of seamen of Royal Marines drawn from their ships and landed for active service under the orders of an army commander.
- The terms "Marine Brigade" and "Naval Brigade" are also used interchangeably in identifying this unit.
- It was created on April 1, 1937 out of the Cavalry Brigade ?Poznan?.
- As soon as the British advance commenced Pope with the cavalry brigade on the right flank also advanced.
- The Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigade, a group linked to Arafat's Fatah, claimed credit for the attack.
- Zacharia Zubeidi, head of the al-Aqsa Martyrs brigade in Jenin, has survived four assassination attempts by Israeli forces.
- In July 1945, the Brigade moved to Belgium and the Netherlands and the Jewish Brigade Group was disbanded in the summer of 1946.
- The name - Nair Brigade, remained unchanged, even though Non Nairs were also admitted in to this brigade.
- Raja Varma also led the Battle of Colachel in 1741 which marks the first Asian victory over an European naval power with his army called the Nair Brigade.
- The Nair Brigade was the army of the erstwhile kingdom of Travancore in India.
- After the war most Commando units were disbanded, leaving just the Royal Marine 3 Commando Brigade.
- After basic and commando training, a Royal Marine Commando will normally join a unit of 3 Commando Brigade.
- The Royal Marines' 3 Commando Brigade (part of the Royal Navy but including a number of Army units), also swept the mountains.
- Blair Arnot (born June 2, 1975 in Ontario, Canada) is a pro-skateboarder and was a member of the Bones Brigade from 1993 – 1997.
- Antietam was possibly the bloodiest battle of the war for the Texas Brigade.
- When he was wounded at Chickamauga, Hood's last order to the Texas Brigade was in the spirit of the proud command.
- Once the retreat began, the burden of command rested with Edwin Sumner, Samuel Heintzelman, William Franklin and their division and brigade commanders.
- Gen. Ector was wounded, and replaced as brigade commander by Col.
- While serving as a Brigade Commander in Petawawa, Layton met Betty Sutherland, an accomplished painter (and later poet), while on leave.
- Youth Brigade was also another, unrelated punk band from Washington D.C., who released a 7" EP on Dischord Records in 1981.
- The documentary details the ambitious journey of an early Social Distortion and Youth Brigade and a small road crew as they tour across the U.S. and Canada.
- In the north, the Marada Brigade s served as the private militia of the Franjieh family and Zgharta.
- On June 13, 1978, Gemayel launched a surprise attack that decimated the Marada Brigade, Tony Franjieh was killed in the attack.
- In July 1814, Scott commanded the First Brigade of the American army in the Niagara campaign, winning the battle of Chippewa decisively.
- The first brigade to attack, mostly inexperienced troops commanded by Brig.
- During World War I he was conscripted to the Austro-Hungarian army and then to the First Brigade of the Polish Legions.
- Joseph Hooker, however, Buford was given the Reserve Brigade again, and he helped introduce the dragoon technique of fighting while dismounted.
- It moved to Pensacola and a few days after, it proceeded to Virginia and took post near Manassas Junction in the brigade of Gen'l Richard Ewell.
- Using his father's connections Yuan set foot in Tengzhou, Shandong and sought a post in the Qing Brigade.
- His locally recruited guide, who spoke no English, led the brigade to the wrong ford, at the end of a loop in the river.
- The key element of the Raja's army was his personal army, known as the Travancore Nair Brigade or locally known as the Nair Pattalam.
- February 15, 1944 Kaminski issued an order to relocate the brigade and Lokot administration further west to Dyatlovo area at West Belarus.
- February 15 1944 Kaminski issued an order to relocate brigade and Lokot administration further west to Dyatlovo area at West Belarus.
- February 15, 1944 Kaminski issued an order to relocate the brigade and Lokot administration further west to the Dzyatlava area in West Belarus.
- London Fire Brigade is a leading user of the Minerva simulator particularly for training of senior officers.
- On 7 July 1916, with the staff of the 1st Brigade, it was redesignated the 1st (Royal Naval) Brigade.
- The only staff officer for either the brigade or the division was a "chief of staff," who acted in a manner similar to a brigade inspector or brigade major.
- It included the 56th (London) Brigade from January 1987 to 1993.
- Sheridan seized the hill, driving the Arkansans back to the main line of their brigade, but continued to push across the creek.
- History > Wars > War > Gen
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Information > Structure > Division
- Information > Structure > Types > Infantry
* Brigadier General
* British Army
* Fire Brigade
* Infantry Brigade
* Irish Brigade
* Jewish Brigade
* London Fire Brigade
Books about "Brigade" in