Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Caves"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Caves, the wombs of the earth, are frequently associated with both Hecate and her followers.
- Caves were not infrequently represented as entrances to the Underworld.
- Caves were used for the preservation or aging of wine.
- Caves were used in the early days of Cava production for the preservation or aging of wine.
- Caves are no doubt the most common subject of flashbulb photography.
- There are many beautiful waterfalls, high cliffs, caves, giant bamboo forests, Teak trees, Rosewoods, Cork trees, Dipterocarpus trees.
- After driving up from Bangkok, we visit the Bridge and Railway Museum before taking the Death Railway to Kraset caves.
- In the clefts of the cliffs still exists the dwarf caves.
- Features diving in cenotes, caves and underground rivers in the Riviera Maya and the Yucatan Peninsula.
- The caves can be accessed only by a 1 km trekking trail from Edakkal.The word Edakkal refers to a situation of keeping a stone in between two other rocks.
- The caves can be accessed only by a 1 km trekking trail from Edakkal.
- The Khandagiri and Udaygiri caves near Bhubaneshwar are the only stone monuments dedicated to Jainism surviving in Orissa.
- In addition to a large number of men and women entering the Order, many were also practising meditation in forests and rock caves.
- You have to alight at Edakkal and do a 1 km trekking to reach these caves.
- CAVESHIP is a fun arcade game, taking place deep in the caves of various space asteroids.
- There he received full dharma training and meditated under severe conditions in the caves of Milarepa and in the holy places of Guru Rinpoche.
- He also spent not less than one week at each of the holy caves of Milarepa around the Labchi area.
- He instructed Milarepa to meditate in various caves made holy by previous saints in the locale of Mount Kailas, Lapchi Kang (Mt.
- The caves at Udaygiri, Ratnagiri and Lalitagiri in Orissa and the Barabar caves in Bihar are an excellent example of how the art form developed.
- Then there are the Barabar Caves (41 km) with reliefs from the life of the Buddha carved out and chiselled to a wonderful polish.
- The caves of the Eletsky Monastery are said to predate those of the Kiev Pechersk Lavra (Kiev Monastery of the Caves).
- The sculpture in the Buddhist caves accurately convey the nobility, grace and serenity inherent in the Buddha.
- Barabar Caves: 57 Kms from Gaya are some earliest carved out Buddhist caves.
- Situated on the hills these rock-cut caves belonged to 2nd century B.C. and are the oldest and finest examples of Buddhist rock-cut temple art in India.
- Because of the different patterns of limestone and grit erosion which dominate the area, waterfalls, gorges and caves have formed over the centuries.
- All around are calcareous sierras of jagged peaks, gorges, chasms, faults and caves, underground rivers and deep canyons.
- These include limestone pavements, pot holes, cenotes, caves and gorges.
- Perfect base for exploring the famous chateau, wine caves and historic towns of the Loire.
- Coral reefs, drop offs (underwater cliffs), rock reefs, gullies and caves can be spectacular.
- The Kamelion robot made an appearance as an image during the Fifth Doctor's regeneration scene in The Caves of Androzani.
- The beach also has tide pools, coastal caves and reefs for exploring.
- Simple or primitive forms of the symbols are carved on the walls of coastal caves at East Wemyss, Fife, and Covesea, Moray.
- Aillwee is one of the most ancient caves in the Burren and perhaps in Ireland.
- However, at low tide there is a pleasant walk along the beach to Broad Haven with numerous caves and rockpools to explore.
- Its most famous exponent was Milarepa, an eleventh century mystic who meditated for many years in mountain caves before eventually reaching enlightenment.
- The area around Sanandaj is known for its many mountain caves, hot springs, and freshwater lakes, many of which cater to tourists.
- In the inland there are some hills and several caves.
- Several caves have developed in dolomite and limestone.
- There are numerous limestone caves and underground water-courses on the southern face of the hills.
- Australian archaeologists unearthed the bones while digging at a site called Liang Bua, one of numerous limestone caves on the Island.
- Lake Vouliagmeni is famous for its crystal clear water which flow from underground caves.
- The Ajanta caves are said to be made after being inspired from Ashoka's rock- cut Barabar caves in Bihar.
- From the oceans and lakes to hidden caves and more, those who scuba see things that can only be imagined from the land.
- Jameos Del Agua - A prehistoric eruption created natural caves with roofless bubbles of lava.
- Afghanistan has few natural caves; limestone, from which most natural caves are formed, is found only in isolated areas of the country.
- Carvings on the walls of Edakkal Caves were created during different time periods.
- The Edakkal Caves in Wayanad has inscriptions dating back to the stone age.
- Top Tourist places near Wayanad Places to See The two rock caves of Edakkal Caves are amongst the major tourist attraction in Wayand.
- Situated on Ambukuthi Hills, Edakkal caves are 10 kilometers from Sultanbathery, in Wayanad district.
- With a lot of caves in the Ninepin Group it becomes a sure pull.
- Ninepin Group is famous for the large number of sea caves that you can get through by small boats.
- Rafts can enter into the sea caves - some of the cave entrances are covered by waterfalls.
- The point can only be reached by foot but affords spectacular panoramic views of cliffs, sea caves and ocean.
- Our clients can take unforgettable trips to Monemvasia, Mistras, the caves of Diros, Olympia, Epidaurus etc.
- Nelspruit houses the Sudwala caves, is close to the Kruger National Park and has an abundance of curio shops and business sector.
- It is important to note that not using a guide line is the number one cause of fatality among untrained, non-certified divers who venture into caves.
- If you rent a 4x4, venture out to discover a magnificent world of caves, mangroves, private beaches in the nearby Hato Mayor and El Seibo provinces.
- It is an adventure, travel and explore the Kingdom of Alefgard, venture into dark caves, poisonous swamps and the towns.
- Seals are plentiful in the caves of St Bride's Bay and Cardigan Bay.
- Sixty percent of the caves were decorated during the Tang Dynasty.
- In 1900, a Buddhist scripture produced during the Tang Dynasty was found in Mogao Caves in Dunhuang.
- The mountains above Muizenberg offer hikers a myriad of trails and those who do not mind confined spaces can explore a labyrinth of caves.
- Morning travel to Maramagambo Forest for a Nature walk along trails to the Bat caves and the Blue Lake.
- McFarlane, D. A. 1999. Late Quaternary fossil mammals and last occurrence dates from caves at Barahona, Puerto Rico.
- Puerto Rico also has some of the most important caves in the west hemisphere.
- The name lager comes from the German lagern for "to store", as brewers around Bavaria stored beer in cool cellars and caves during the warm summer months.
- Also in the 1400s, brewers in Bavaria were storing beer in cool caves during the summer months in order to stop it spoiling.
- The caves at Ajuy on the west coast of Fuerteventura are a particular highlight in your Guanche sites exploration across the Canaries.
- There are some spectacular coral gardens off its west coast and several caves worth exploring.
- Due to these wonderful natural sceneries as well as various caves, waterfalls and streams, Paveh has been nicknamed the "Bakhtaran (western) Paradise".
- The sibyls lived in caves or near streams and prophesied in a frenzied trance, usually in Greek hexameters, which were handed down in writing.
- The Burren is known for its rare alpine flowers and spectacular caves, streams, potholes and 'turloughs' (seasonal lakes).
- Sea Lion Caves are reputed to be the largest sea-cave in North America, and is an outstanding example of erosion by waves in basalt.
- But it was true that the dark caves of the underworld were a depressing place, and not many of his fellow gods enjoyed his company.
- The overworld school, where there is more than one dungeon (or, in the case of The UnReal World, no dungeons at all (only caves)).
- During the whole time he spent in the diocese, he was hiding in woods and caves and never had any bed but a cloak thrown over straw.
- Nature > Matter > Stone > Limestone
- Matter > Liquids > Water > Cave
- Matter > Liquids > Water > Cliffs
- Society > Culture > Sports > Diving
* Cango Caves
* Cave Divers
* Dead Sea Scrolls
* Dive Sites
* Edakkal Caves
* Lava Tubes
* Limestone Caves
* Natural Attractions
* Numerous Waterfalls
* River Kwai
* Sandy Beaches
* Stone Tools
* Sudwala Caves
* Tea Cakes
* Tourist Attractions
* Underwater Caves
Books about "Caves" in