Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Cbut"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- CBUT is the CBC 's television station in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, and the flagship CBC Television station for the Pacific Time Zone.
- CBUT is the oldest television station in Western Canada, first going on the air on December 16, 1953.
- CBUT is now available on cable and satellite in Prince George.
- CBUT was known mainly as Channel 2 from its inception until 1976.
- CBUT is broadcast on Comcast in the Seattle, Washington, area.
- CBUT did not replace the transmitters in Kamloops and its surrounding area.
- In addition to British Columbia, CBUT has a significant American audience in Washington state.
- Known on air as Bob Fortune, and reknowned for his soft, mellow voice and signature bowtie, he was the TV weatherman for CBUT Vancouver from 1954-75.
- Until the disaffiliation of CHBC, CBUT was available only on cable in Kelowna.
- This left CBC dependent on cable and satellite to reach the area.Until the disaffiliation of CKPG, CBUT was available in Prince George.
- In July 2007, the newscast was renamed as CBC News: Vancouver.CBUT also currently produces a number of CBC Television programs.
- In recent years, CBUT, as with all CBC-owned stations, had de-emphasized local programming in favour of network programming out of Toronto.
- Information > Reference > Titles > Prince George
- Local Programming
- Network Programming
- First Television Station
Books about "Cbut" in