Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Cena"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Cena was a typical face, an underdog in each match, which at first did not get much reaction from the fans.
- Cena was the winner of the WWE Title I Quit match, but soon learned that another opponent was waiting in the wings.
- Cena is the only professional wrestler to ever perform on BBC Two's long running TV show Top of the Pops.
- Cena was the valiant champion trying to retain his title despite really poor statistical odds.
- Cena is the most popular wrestler in the world at this exact moment and remains the franchise player on the flagship show.
- Cena tries to goad Sheamus into a WWE Title match, but the Celtic Warrior is already in action later against Mark Henry.
- On June 13th, Bischoff booked a WWE title match between Christian and Cena at Vengeance.
- Cena then threw Jericho in the ring and the referee started the match.
- Cena was on the match for nine seconds and got up just before the referee could count him out.
- When Cena fell, he landed on Orton and the referee counted the pinfall.
- After the match, Kurt Angle came into the ring and attacked Cena while Eric Bischoff revealed that Angle was the number one contender for Cena's world title.
- Cena won again, and Eric Bischoff (kayfabe) fired a pleading Jericho, who was carried out of the arena by security.
- Cena sits on the top rope and asks them if Eric Bischoff should remain the General Manager, and they booed.
- The feud continued throughout the Summer and Jericho lost to Cena in a championship match at SummerSlam.
- Booker won the match following interference from Kevin Federline, who was just beginning a feud with Cena at the time.
- John Cena and Shawn Michaels continued their feud, with Michaels betraying Cena the night after WrestleMania on Raw.
- Angle also challenged Cena again in a Triple Threat match along with Michaels at Taboo Tuesday, in a losing effort.
- HBK & Angle would meet again at Taboo Tuesday, as HBK won the fans' vote to face Angle & John Cena in a Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship.
- Cena fought out and came leaping with a shoulder block but Orton laid out and avoided it.
- John Cena is able to get back to a vertical base but he takes a shoulder block from Jericho off the ropes.
- Cena hit hid shoulder block, clotheslines and inverted suplex before connecting with the five-knuckle shuffle.
- Kofi tries to tag in Cena but Cody comes in and stops the tag.
- Orton catches Cena coming inside, and delivers a hangman's DDT. Kofi has recovered though and dives off the top with a flying crossbody off the top rope.
- Cena goes for the Attitude Adjustment, but Kofi stops that and delivers a jumping clothesline.
- Khali won by disqualification after Cena took a steel chair held by Armando Estrada and hit Khali with it.
- A video promo is shown, recapping the events of last week, when Khali decimated HBK, Edge, Orton, and Cena.
- My preview was posted in Tuesday's Raw Deal, but the short version of the picks are: Christian, MVP, Ziggler, Jerishow, Khali, DX, CM Punk and Cena.
- Batista sent Cena into the post and Sheamus gave him the big boot.
- Batista beats on Cena in the corner, slamming him with a big boot to the head.
- Before Michaels could face Cena again one-on-one on the next Raw, he was attacked by the Great Khali.
- Cena doesn't have his WWE Title belt since Great Khali stole it at the end of Raw last week.
- The Great Khali in a No DQ match tonight, with the winner to face Cena at Judgment Day.
- Cena won the 2008 Royal Rumble Match by tossing Triple H® over the top rope.
- Cena took part in the 2005 Royal Rumble match, making it to the final two.
- All Shawn had to do was ensure JBL won the world title off of John Cena at the Royal Rumble, Shawn was also no allowed to enter the Royal Rumble match.
- The bell rings and Cena applies a headlock.
- The bell rings and Batista stalks Cena as Cena moves around.
- With the ringside cleared and Barrett dazed, Cena was only an STF away from the win.
- Cena meets Cryme Tyme at ringside and the three rush the ring, sending their opponents scrambling to the outside.
- Cena goes to ringside to sign fan signs while Tarver yells at him for not being there to tag.
- Benjamin and Guerrero got eliminated from the match, leaving it with Cena against Benoit.
- In the end, Cena hit the F-U on Big Show and got the final pin, leaving him and Benoit as the sole survivors.
- After the match, Cena and Benoit stared at each other, but then tapped fists to show that they were still both faces.
- HHH laid out Cena and did the same DX crotch chop that Michaels did late in his match.
- Bottom line as long as HHH, HBK and Cena didnt win I was happy.
- However, before Cena can hit the move, Edge slips off and hits his big flying hug (the spear) on Cena as Cena still had HHH in the FU position.
- Cena connects with right hands but Jericho goes for a bulldog.
- Cena goes for a running bulldog, but Miz counters, and drops Cena on the top rope.
- Orton reverses an Irish Whip into an inverted backbreaker, but Cena is back now with a running bulldog.
- The only guys I can see them giving that to are Batista, HHH, Cena, Undertaker, Angle, and Michaels.
- A recent example is Edge during his feud with The Undertaker, and JBL during his feud with Eddie Guerrero back in 2004 and again with John Cena in 2008.
- It is a series of miniature (2 inches) re-creations of renowned wrestlers including Triple H, Rey Mysterio, Undertaker, Edge, Batista and John Cena.
- Scoop slam from Cena onto Jericho followed by an elbow drop and a two count.
- Elbow drop from Cena gets a one count, but then he charges into a boot in the corner.
- Sheamus and Cena fight out into the crowd, but it's brief as Cena quickly clotheslines Sheamus over the barricade back into the ringside area.
- Umaga stormed the ring and engaged Cena in a brawl all over the ringside area, trampling the Raw announce team and dozens of security guards in the process.
- Cena goes back to the ringside area to grab the table, which he puts on his shoulder.
- After Cody Rhodes was eliminated, all the remaining Raw superstars attacked Cena and Orton, resulting in their disqualification.
- Cena and Orton hit a double team RKO on Cody Rhodes for the pinfall.
- Batista positions DiBiase for the Batista Bomb as Cena knocks Cody Rhodes out of the ring.
- Angle later challenged John Cena for the WWE Championship at Unforgiven, where Angle won the match by disqualification, thus not winning the title.
- Kurt Angle managed to defeat WWE Champion John Cena at Unforgiven when Cena was caught hammering Angle with his championship belt.
- He said Cena is the biggest phony in WWE history, and he got himself disqualified at Unforgiven since he couldn't beat him.
- He was booked to defeat Cena by disqualification at Unforgiven and lose to Cena in a rematch at the Survivor Series.
- Orton was granted his title rematch against Cena at Unforgiven and won by disqualification when Cena refused to stop punching Orton in the corner.
- Angle defeated John Cena by disqualification in the main event of Unforgiven, as Cena struck Angle with his WWE Title belt.
- Orton punches at Cena, who's standing on the apron, before slamming his head into the turnbuckle.
- Cena fights back and gets Sheamus in AA position, but Sheamus fights out and sends Cena head first into the turnbuckle.
- Jericho counters after Cena hits the back of his head on the turnbuckle.
- Cena tries to fight out but Swagger hits a suplex for a 2 count.
- Cena made a return after hit a suplex, the match went evenly after that.
- Cena whips Orton to the corner, and then he and Kofi team up for a double suplex.
- Barrett says Cena will have a tag match against Bourne and Henry and he gets to pick his partner, and Cena picks Tarver.
- Barrett brings Cena in the ring and beats him down as Jericho yells from ringside.
- Riley says Cena should listen to Barrett because Miz could cash-in at Bragging Rights and leave as WWE Champion.
- During the match, The Nexus interrupted and attacked Cena, then McMahon afterwards when McMahon tried to take credit for their attacks.
- Cena lost as the result of some extra individuals interfering, and according to stipulation will be forced to join The Nexus.
- John Cena is in a bitter battle with Nexus leader Wade Barrett, and if Cena loses he becomes a part of Nexus.
- Cena then hit a drop toe hold and locked in a front chancery into a side headlock.
- We return with Orton controlling Kofi with a side headlock as Cena lays prone on the floor.
- Edge tried to climb out yet again, but Cena tripped him up and crotched him on the top rope and flopped him back onto the mat.
- Orton went to lay the boots to Cena on the mat but Cena blocked it and fought off the foot and flipped him up and over the top rope to the floor.
- Jericho takes Cena down to the mat with the side headlock.
- Orton went for an RKO but Cena tossed him off and hit the flipping neck breaker.
- Before we go to commercial Orton tries to RKO Cena, but Cena pushes him off and Orton hits an RKO on Swagger.
- Cena loaded up an RKO but ate a big boot from JBL who fast counted Cena and Orton wins.
- They hit a double team move as DiBiase puts Cena on his back again and mocks Batista.
- DiBiase throws Cena into the steel steps, brings him back in the ring for a 2 count.
- Batista looks to step down and avoid the tag while DiBiase comes in from behind on Cena.
- Like The Animal, Cena too refused to stay horizontal once driven through a table with a spinebuster, then again after a Batista Bomb.
- Cena goes up top, he leaps and Batista counters into Spinebuster just like SummerSlam 2008.
- Later in the match Cena went for the five knuckle shuffle, but Batista was able to reverse it into a spinebuster.
- Cena puts Sheamus on the top turnbuckle, and Cena tries to get Sheamus in AA position on the second rope.
- Cena picks Sheamus up and props him on the table before he climbs to the top turnbuckle.
- Cena has to face all seven members of Nexus next week in a handicap match, which is ridiculously lame and an anticlimactic end to Raw.
- However, Mr. McMahon quickly disqualified Cena for using a closed fist, banishing the WWE Champion to the back and making a Handicap Match instead.
- Later that night, Triple H and Edge actually teamed up to take on Cena in a Handicap Match.
- Michaels' feud with Cena continued and he faced off with Cena, Edge and Randy Orton in a Fatal Four Way match at Backlash for the WWE Championship.
- All four men were aiming for the WWE Championship, and at Backlash they competed in a Fatal Four Way match in which Cena successfully defended his title.
- Neither Edge nor Orton won the Championship, and they lost their claims as number one contenders after a failed match with Cena at Backlash.
- The match concluded when Angle caught Cena in the ankle lock.
- Angle then tried to apply the ankle lock hold on Michaels, but Cena came into the ring and clotheslined Angle out of the ring.
- Angle then slapped on the Ankle Lock while General Manager Eric Bischoff stormed the ring and taunted Cena, claiming his time as champion was ending.
- Ultimately, Cena defeated Kurt Angle after Cena repeatedly battled out of the ankle lock and finished Angle with the F-U.
- After the match, Cena gave both Eric Bischoff and Angle an F-U through the Spanish announcers' table.
- At the pay per view itself Batista turned on Undertaker, setting up a superkick by Michaels and the F-U by Cena on Taker to get the win.
- Batista went for a clothesline, but Cena ducked and pulled down the top rope.
- Miz with an Irish whip and he sets for the running clothesline into the corner but Cena moves and Batista goes to the floor and refuses the tag.
- Cena did put up a fight and JBL almost looked like he was going to nail his Clothesline from Hell.
- Cena then came back with a flying clothesline and right hands and then Triple H kicked him in the gut but ran into another clothesline.
- Cena came back in with right hands and worked Triple H over in the corner and then sent him to the corner and nailed a back drop for two.
- Miz buries a shoulder into Cena in the corner, and then measures Cena with a pair of right hands.
- During the contest, Chris Jericho was quickly eliminated by Orton with Edge following him out a while later thanks to an Attitude Adjustment from Cena.
- Miz heads to the top rope, but gets caught by Cena who sets up for the Attitude Adjustment off the top.
- After waging a brutal war with his opponents, Cena summoned from deep within and hit the Rated-R Superstar with an Attitude Adjustment.
- Masters took Cena down from behind and stomped away on him and then Carlito nailed him with a suplex.
- On the August 1st edition of RAW, Jericho refereed a match between Cena and Carlito.
- Masters came in and was met with an uppercut and then Carlito raked the eyes and tagged in Triple H, but Kane tagged in Cena.
- Michaels kicked Angle off but Angle came back with right hands and then knocked Cena off the apron.
- JBL actually grabbed a mic during the match, and while on the ring apron, tried to get Cena to quit as the Bashams dominated the early action.
- Cena pulls himself up on the apron and Orton quickly launches him off into the cell wall.
- Cena goes for the Five Knuckle Shuffle and nails it on JBL. Out of nowhere JBL hits the big clothesline and gets a 2 count on Cena.
- Cena rises to his feet on the top turnbuckle, jumps and connects with a five knuckle shuffle off the top that barely connects.
- Sheamus picked up Cena to drive him through the table, but Cena got loose and hit a flurry of offense including the Five Knuckle Shuffle.
- Batista then got Cena to the top rope for a superplex, but Cena held Batista's hands and turned it into a test of strength on the top rope.
- Orton pulls Cena up to the top turnbuckle and tries for the superplex, but Cena fights it off.
- Cena tries for a superplex, but Sheamus pushes him off, through the table.
- It all came to a head at Backlash, where Cena pinned Triple H to win a Triple Threat Match and retain the WWE Championship.
- Angle also challenged Cena again in a Triple Threat match along with Shawn Michaels at Taboo Tuesday, in a losing effort.
- Christian and Chris Jericho answered the challenge and the two vied for the WWE Championship against Cena in a Triple Threat Match at Vengeance.
- The General Manager's first decision was McMahon to be the guest referee for a WWE championship match that night between John Cena and Sheamus.
- The next night on RAW, Michaels teamed with WWE champion John Cena and defeated Rated RKO for the tag team titles.
- Later that night, Cena and Jericho were placed in a tag team match and faced off against Christian and Tyson Tomko.
- Melina and Johnny Nitro made their return to the WWE as part of the RAW brand on May 29, 2006, in a losing effort against WWE Champion John Cena.
- Melina & Johnny Nitro made their way to the RAW brand from there, together on May 29, 2006, with a Nitro loss to WWE Champion John Cena.
- Later that June, Jericho became a heel for the third time in the WWE by turning on WWE Champion John Cena.
- Culture > Entertainment > Entertainment Industry > Wwe
- Settlements > Cities > City > Jericho
* Batista Bomb
* Big Show
* Cena Back
* Cena Hits
* Hits Cena
* John Cena
* Top Rope
* Wwe Champion
* Wwe Title
Books about "Cena" in