Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Chebyshev Polynomials"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- The Chebyshev polynomials are a special case of the ultraspherical or Gegenbauer polynomials, which themselves are a special case of the Jacobi polynomials.
- This type of filter is named in honor of Pafnuty Chebyshev because their mathematical characteristics are derived from Chebyshev polynomials.
- The GNU Scientific Library calculates values of the standard normal cdf using Hart’s algorithms and approximations with Chebyshev polynomials.
- The distribution function is expanded in a series of orthogonal polynomials, namely the Chebyshev polynomials.
- The same is true if the expansion is in terms of Chebyshev polynomials.
- Generalizing to any interval [ a, b] is straightforward by scaling the Chebyshev polynomials.
- Far from being an esoteric subject, Chebyshev polynomials lead one on a journey through all areas of numerical analysis.
- The Chebyshev polynomials T n or U n are polynomials of degree n and the sequence of Chebyshev polynomials of either kind composes a polynomial sequence.
- He examined the zeros of polynomials of best approximation and produced results which were analogues to properties of the Chebyshev polynomials.
- The Chebyshev polynomials of the second kind are orthogonal polynomials with respect to the Wigner semicircle distribution.
- Many properties can be derived from the properties of the Chebyshev polynomials of the first kind.
- An arbitrary polynomial of degree N can be written in terms of the Chebyshev polynomials of the first kind.
- In this article we use Java applets to interactively explore some of the classical results on approximation using Chebyshev polynomials.
- Mathematics > Algebra > Polynomials > Orthogonal Polynomials
- First Kind
- Best Approximation
- Classical Results
- Second Kind
Books about "Chebyshev Polynomials" in