Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Chemical Substance"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- A chemical substance is a general term that can be an element, compound or a mixture of compounds, elements or compounds and elements.
- A chemical substance is a kind of matter with a definite composition and set of properties.
- A chemical substance is made of atoms, which are made of protons, neutrons, and electrons.
- A chemical substance is any material substance used in or obtained by a process in chemistry.
- When a chemical substance is transformed as a result of its interaction with another or energy, a chemical reaction is said to have occurred.
- In this sense, alcohols are a chemical substance; they are similar chemically, but not identical to, the depressant of the same name (alcoholic beverages).
- Vasoconstrictor: A chemical substance whose actions result in the narrowing of blood vessels.
- For workers, the ``B'' policy threshold for ``substantial human exposure'' is the exposure of 1,000 workers annually to that chemical substance or mixture.
- The term “thyroid receptor ligand” as used herein is intended to cover any chemical substance which binds to a thyroid receptor.
- Isocarboxazid works by irreversibly blocking the action of a chemical substance known as monoamine oxidase (MAO) in the nervous system.
- A cat pheromone is a chemical substance that is secreted by the feline's body and works as a signal for other cats.
- An astringent substance is a chemical substance that tends to shrink or constrict body tissues, usually locally after topical medicinal application.
- Chemical reactions convert one chemical substance into another.
- A pure chemical substance cannot be separated into other substances by a process that does not involve any chemical reaction and is rarely found in nature.
- A drug overdose occurs when a chemical substance (i.e.
- This chemical substance, called antidiuretic hormone (ADH), is also known as arginine vasopressin, or AVP.
- In science, a molecule is the smallest particle of a pure chemical substance that still retains its chemical composition and properties.
- The concept of chemical element is related to that of chemical substance.
- A chemical compound is a chemical substance formed from two or more elements, with a fixed ratio determining the composition.
- Phosphor: A chemical substance used in the production of selected stamps to activate machines that automatically cancel mail.
- Water is a chemical substance with the chemical formula H 2 O. Its molecule contains one oxygen and two hydrogen atoms connected by covalent bonds.
- A chemical substance is a material with a definite chemical composition.
- Water and steam are two different forms of the same chemical substance A chemical substance is a material with a definite chemical composition.
- Every chemical substance has one or more systematic names, usually named according to the IUPAC rules for naming.
- Fluoride A chemical substance known to strengthen teeth enamel making teeth less susceptible to decay.
- In this scheme each chemical substance is identifiable by a number known as CAS registry number.
- A leaving group is an atom or group of atoms that detaches from a chemical substance.
- HORMONE - A chemical substance formed in one gland or part of the body and carried by the blood to another organ which it stimulates to functional activity.
- Antagonist: A chemical that acts within the body to reduce the physiological activity of another chemical substance or hormone.
- Thyroid hormone: A chemical substance made by the thyroid gland for export into the bloodstream.
- A chemical substance can be an element, compound or a mixture of compounds, elements or compounds and elements.
- Element The concept of chemical element is related to that of chemical substance.
- The term is also used to refer to a pure chemical substance composed of atoms with the same number of protons.
- A NEUROTRANSMITTER is a chemical substance that is used by one neuron to signal another.
- Neurotransmitter: A neurotransmitter is a chemical substance that is made in the body, allowing for nerve cells to communicate.
- The chemical substance that is secreted is called a neurotransmitter.
- Refrigerant A chemical substance that produces a refrigerating effect while expanding and vaporizing.
- Chemical compounds A pure chemical compound is a chemical substance that is composed of a particular set of molecules or ions.
- A pure chemical compound is a chemical substance that is composed of a particular set of molecules or ions.
- The transfer of energy from one chemical substance to other depend on the size of energy quanta emitted from one substance.
- Chemical energy of a chemical substance can be transformed to other forms of energy by a chemical reaction.
- Strictly speaking, a mixture of compounds, elements or compounds and elements is not a chemical substance, but it may be called a chemical.
- A Chemical reaction is a process that results in the interconversion of chemical substance s.
- ABSORPTION REFRIGERATOR - Refrigerator that creates low temperature by using the cooling effect formed when a refrigerant is absorbed by chemical substance.
- A chemical substance that cannot be divided into simpler substances by chemical means; all atoms of a given element have the same number of protons.
- Element: A chemical substance that cannot be divided into simple substances by chemical means; atomic species with same number of protons.
- Hormone: A chemical substance produced in the body that controls and regulates the activity of certain cells or organs.
- Cooling Effect
- Low Temperature
- Particular Set
Books about "Chemical Substance" in