Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Cognitive Linguistics"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Cognitive linguistics is a central part of cognitive science.
- Cognitive Linguistics is an interdisciplinary journal of Cognitive Science.
- Cognitive linguistics is a collection of various ideas having a loose affinity with one another.
- Cognitive linguistics is one of the most rapidly expanding schools in linguistics with, by now, an impressive and complex technical vocabulary.
- Cognitive linguistics: the experiential dynamics of metaphor.
- Gilles Fauconnier has written a brief, manifesto-like introduction to Cognitive linguistics, which compares it to mainstream, Chomsky-inspired linguistics.
- Cognitive Linguistics is divided into two main areas of study: cognitive semantics and cognitive approaches to grammar.
- Geeraerts (1995) provides a brilliant summary of how Cognitive Linguistics and generative grammar differ in their commitment to cognition.
- An Idealized_Cognitive_Model, ICM or Frame is the name given in cognitive linguistics to the mental representation known as "meaning".
- Some background in cognitive linguistics, especially mental spaces theory, is recommended.
- For a review of the research on metonymy in Cognitive Linguistics, see Barcelona (1988, 2000a), Gibbs (1994, Ch.7), and Ruiz de Mendoza (1999).
- The term Gestalt, a central term in psychology and cognitive linguistics is used in many other works for defining conceptions like frames (Fillmore (1982)).
- Cognitive Linguistics presents a forum for high-quality linguistic research on topics which investigate the interaction between language and cognition.
- Semantics, syntax, acquisition of syntax and semantics, cognitive linguistics, construction grammar.
- Smith, K. (1999) Cognitive linguistics and connectionist models of language acquisition.
- However, FCG does have some additional properties that might place it closer to particular branches of construction grammars or cognitive linguistics.
- Vyvyan Evans is Professor of Cognitive Linguistics at the University of Brighton and author and editor of numerous books relating to cognitive linguistics.
- On the whole, the book by Evans and Green is without any doubt an extremely valuable introduction to the increasing field of cognitive linguistics.
- In Metaphor in cognitive linguistics, Steen and Gibbs (eds.).
- Cognitive linguistics, more than generative linguistics, seek to mesh together these findings into a coherent whole.
- There are a number of hypotheses within cognitive linguistics that differ radically from those made in Generative linguistics.
- COGLING is a discussion list for Cognitive Linguistics, and the study of metaphor.
- Research in cognitive linguistics has yielded valu-.
- Papers dealing with application of methodology based on metaphor analysis and cognitive linguistics are particularly welcome.
- Cognitive linguistics: foundations, scope and methodology, ed.
- In press for 2007, to be published in the 'Advances in Cognitive Linguistics' series by Equinox.
- Of the several textbooks I own devoted to introducing cognitive linguistics, the best one is the Cambridge series one by Croft and Cruse.
- Insights and developments from cognitive linguistics are becoming accepted ways of analysing literary texts, too.
- David McNeill has also provided important empirical evidence for cognitive linguistics from his research on gesture.
- I will apply it in my contribution to the congress of the International Cognitive linguistics Association to be held in July 2003.
- It was work done towards a PhD in Cognitive Linguistics at the University of Melbourne (part-time) between mid-1990 and 1994.
- This fact corresponds to the methodical basis of today-s Cognitive Linguistics.
- There are also people in computer science who have worked on computational modelling of the frameworks of cognitive linguistics.
- Over the past decade, Cognitive Linguistics has grown to be one of the most broadly appealing and dynamic frameworks for the study of natural language.
- It also critically reviews the main theoretical approaches and frameworks within Cognitive Linguistics.
- Her research interests are in cognitive linguistics as applied to psychotherapy, qualitative research and developmental coordination disorder.
- His research interests include Cognitive Linguistics and the grammar of contemporary English (especially "change constructions").
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Thought > Cognition > Cognitive Science
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Information > Science > Linguistics
- Glossaries > Glossary of Linguistics /
Books about "Cognitive Linguistics" in