Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Cohort"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Our cohort was different from the CLIP cohort (more hepatitis B) but the results were still consistent.
- The cohort was composed of patients having one or more Bicon implant(s) placed.
- This cohort is important and unusual because it used amosite as the only asbestiform mineral in the production process.
- This cohort was investigated by questionnaire in a previous study of the effects of food poisoning at six months.
- Our cohort was composed of 201 ITP patients separated by treated and untreated individuals.
- Although high scores were associated with an increased stroke rate in this elderly cohort, few patients had a score of 5 or more or a score of 0.
- An observational cohort study used administrative data to assess patients with VTE who did and did not receive vena cava filters during a 5-year period.
- Failure of the emergency contraceptive levonorgestrel and the risk of adverse effects in pregnancy and on fetal development: an observational cohort study.
- Palmer M, Adami HO, Krusemo UB, Ljunghall S. Increased risk of malignant diseases after surgery for primary hyperparathyroidism: a nationwide cohort study.
- The adjusted relative risk of IBS associated with bacterial GE was 2.2 (1.5-2.9) compared with the control cohort.
- Lamivudine treatment in patients with HBV-related hepatocellular carcinoma using an untreated, matched control cohort.
- HIV-1, hepatitis B virus, and risk of liver-related mortality in the Multicenter Cohort Study (MACS). Lancet.
- G. Cesennius Senecio, a centurian of the second cohort, died in Britain and his body returned to Rome for burial.
- An additional 89 patients from a second cohort, selected based on cytogenetic status, and 528 controls were further examined for mutations.
- The validity of the dosing regimen was confirmed in a second cohort of patients on warfarin therapy.
- Mean age at surgery was 10.2 years (range 2 to 36) and mean followup in the entire cohort was 50 months (range 6 to 115).
- The overall 10-year survival for the entire cohort was 80%; long-term survival in the children who responded to IST was 89%.
- Figure 1 shows the time course of lead in air and lead in blood of the entire cohort according to the year of the study.
- Meat, fat, and their subtypes as risk factors for colorectal cancer in a prospective cohort of women.
- We sought to determine the association between PF4-H antibodies and mortality in a prospective cohort of 419 asymptomatic hemodialysis patients.
- The risk of mortality and the factor V Leiden mutation in a population-based cohort.
- Cancer in a population-based cohort of men and women in registered homosexual partnerships.
- METHODS: We recruited a population-based cohort in Guanacaste, Costa Rica.
- Mortality and cancer incidence in acromegaly: a retrospective cohort study.
- The number of cases identified in the retrospective cohort study was 2.4-fold higher than the number reported cases by physicians.
- We undertook a population-based, retrospective cohort study in Australia to document the epidemiology of childhood cardiomyopathy.
- In the current study, the association between H. pylori status and clinical outcome was investigated in a large cohort of patients.
- Incidence of venous thrombosis in a large cohort of 66,329 cancer patients: results of a record linkage study.
- Epidemiology of Aspergillus infections in a large cohort of patients undergoing bone marrow transplantation.
- Not all possible relevant confounders for the association between SHypo and mortality were considered in each of the prospective cohort studies.
- Instead, we identified two prospective cohort studies and two retrospective cohort studies.
- A systematic review of prospective cohort studies.
- Resting heart rate as a low tech predictor of coronary events in women: prospective cohort study.
- DESIGN AND SETTING: The Nurses' Health Study, a large, prospective cohort study of US women followed up for 10 years from 1984.
- Incidence of recurrent venous thromboembolism in relation to clinical and thrombophilic risk factors: prospective cohort study.
- Cohort study of internal malignancy in genetic hemochromatosis and other chronic nonalcoholic liver diseases.
- A larger cohort of circumcised men in the USA is reaching the age at which penile cancer occurs.
- To explore more carefully trends associated with age and time, it is useful to depict subjects by birth cohort.
- The pooled cohort was compared with a historical cohort matched for sex, age, and National Institutes of Health Stroke Survey score.
- Cancer incidence and mortality after radioiodine treatment for hyperthyroidism: a population-based cohort study.
- Influence of ursodeoxycholic acid on the mortality and malignancy associated with primary biliary cirrhosis: A population-based cohort study.
- Cancer risk following primary hemochromatosis: a population-based cohort study in Denmark.
- Predictors of recurrence after deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism: a population-based cohort study.
- Sixty-two percent (95% CI: 49%, 74%) of coronary events in this cohort may have been prevented with better adherence to these 5 healthy lifestyle practices.
- Adherence to Mediterranean diet and risk of developing diabetes: prospective cohort study.
- CONCLUSIONS: In this cohort of patients, life expectancy is relatively long, in agreement with the morbidity data showing a slowly progressive disease.
- CONCLUSIONS: SARS is a serious respiratory illness that led to significant morbidity and mortality in our cohort.
- Prospective cohort study of hormone replacement therapy and risk of asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease among postmenopausal women.
- The cohort consisted of 4996 HIV-negative men ages 15 to 49 years from the Rukai district in Uganda.
- Modifiable risk factors associated with clearance of type-specific cervical human papillomavirus infections in a cohort of university students.
- The clinical and histopathological profile on endomyocardial biopsy of a cohort of patients with restrictive cardiomyopathy (RCM) is presented.
- At diagnosis, 38% of a cohort of newly diagnosed MB leprosy patients had recent or new reactions or nerve damage at the time of intake into the study.
- Fifty-eight patients with a diagnosis of idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy who underwent endomyocardial biopsy served as the comparison cohort.
- Vitamin C supplement use was not associated with a significant increase in cardiovascular disease mortality in the cohort as a whole.
- Vitamin C and vitamin E supplement use and bladder cancer mortality in a large cohort of US men and women.
- Patients and Methods We performed a prospective cohort study involving 138 patients who had anemia and vitamin B 12 deficiency.
- Age-specific prevalence, incidence, and duration of human papillomavirus infections in a cohort of 290 US men.
- Six volunteers in each cohort received APD125, while three volunteers received placebo.
- Cohort 3 will receive a single treatment of an equalvolume of placebo by IM injection into a lower limb on Day 0.
- Congestive heart failure in subjects with normal versus reduced left ventricular ejection fraction: prevalence and mortality in a population-based cohort.
- In the cohort treated by fundoplication, none of the subjects showed development of atrophic gastritis.
- Mutational screening of the cationic trypsinogen gene in a large cohort of subjects with idiopathic chronic pancreatitis.
- The general population cohort was used as the reference group, and the estimates were adjusted for age, sex, and body mass index.
- Petrelli JM, Calle EE, Rodriguez C, Thun MJ. Body mass index, height, and postmenopausal breast cancer mortality in a prospective cohort of U.S. women.
- Overweight, obesity, and mortality in a large prospective cohort of persons 50 to 71 years old.
- We evaluated 2176 patients, including 1129 in the derivation cohort and 1047 in the validation cohort.
- Validation of questionnaire information on risk factors and disease outcomes in a prospective cohort study of women.
- The HALT-C data on HCC risk and the stratification into risk groups requires validation in another cohort.
- Larsson SC, Wolk A. Tea consumption and ovarian cancer risk in a population-based cohort.
- Meat, eggs, dairy products, and risk of breast cancer in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC) cohort.
- Types of dietary fat and breast cancer: a pooled analysis of cohort studies.
- Pooled analysis of prospective cohort studies on height, weight, and breast cancer risk.
- The survey by Kennedy et al used a randomly selected sample of adults with a mean age of 38, 12 years older than the participants of this cohort.
- Depressed affect, hopelessness, and the risk of ischemic heart disease in a cohort of U.S. adults.
- Body-mass index and mortality in a prospective cohort of U.S. adults.
- The long term retention of levetiracetam in a large cohort of patients with epilepsy.
- Incidence and risk factors in sudden unexpected death in epilepsy: a prospective cohort study.
- Sudden death in epilepsy: a study of incidence in a young cohort with epilepsy and learning difficulty.
- Rats in this study were randomly divided into eight treatment groups and further subdivided into five cohorts, with three rats in each cohort.
- Rats in this study were randomly divided into four treatment groups and further subdivided into six cohorts, with three rats in each cohort.
- Search for primary infection by Pneumocystis carinii in a cohort of normal, healthy infants.
- The prevalence by staged severity of various types of diabetic neuropathy, retinopathy, and nephropathy in a population-based cohort.
- Although only one of 10 patients underwent parathyroid surgery, none of the subjects in our cohort had a recurrent episode of acute pancreatitis.
- A prospective cohort study of smoking in acute pancreatitis.
- In a cohort study of biopsy-proven CHC patients with moderate or severe liver fibrosis, patients were divided into two groups.
- Liver iron concentration and fibrosis in a cohort of transfusion-dependent patients on long-term desferrioxamine therapy.
- The progression of HCV-associated liver disease in a cohort of haemophilic patients.
- The aim of this study was to evaluate the occurrence and progression of features in a large cohort of patients.
- Histologic inflammation Is a risk factor for progression to colorectal neoplasia in ulcerative colitis: A cohort study.
- The age at injury did not correlate with outcome within this cohort.
- A long-term cohort study of outcome after cholecystectomy for chronic acalculous cholecystitis.
- N-terminal pro-B-type natriuretic peptide is an independent predictor of outcome in an unselected cohort of critically ill patients.
- Outcomes after withholding anticoagulation from patients with suspected acute pulmonary embolism and negative computed tomographic findings: a cohort study.
- METHODS: This was a substudy of a larger prospective cohort study of outcomes in women with heart disease.
- Ability of the derived model to predict outcomes was tested using a second cohort of 144 patients.
- Association of HFE common mutations with Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease and mild cognitive impairment in a Portuguese cohort.
- No evidence for an association of ocular adnexal lymphoma with Chlamydia psittaci in a cohort of patients from the Netherlands.
- Ocular adnexal lymphoma: a clinicopathologic study of a large cohort of patients with no evidence for an association with Chlamydia psittaci.
- In a cohort of patients under the age of 40 years, an even more marked survival advantage for delayed transplantation was noted.
- Nair, S, Eustace, J, Thuluvath, PJ. Effect of race on outcome of orthotopic liver transplantation: A cohort study.
- Human papillomavirus serology and the risk of esophageal and gastric cancers: results from a cohort in a high-risk region in China.
- Risk of dementia in a hospitalized cohort: results of a longitudinal study.
- A reliable assessment is one which consistently achieves the same results with the same (or similar) cohort of students.
- Humans > Health > Diseases > Patients
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Society > Security > Risk
* Case-Control Studies
* Case-Control Study
* Cervical Human Papillomavirus
* Chronic Hepatitis
* Cohort Studies
* Cohort Study
* Coronary Artery Disease
* Coronary Heart Disease
* Diabetes Mellitus
* Elderly Patients
* Follow-Up Study
* Genital Human Papillomavirus
* Green Tea Consumption
* Hepatocellular Carcinoma
* Homosexual Men
* Human Papillomavirus
* Inflammatory Bowel Disease
* Median Survival
* Natural History
* Prospective Study
* Risk Factors
* Study Cohort
* Study Design
* Ulcerative Colitis
* Wu Polyomavirus
* Young Adults
* Young Women
Books about "Cohort" in