Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Combined"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Combined, the results demonstrate that C-peptide is a bioactive peptide, possibly of importance in the treatment of neuropathy in type 1 diabetes.".
- Combined is an alpine skiing event.
- Combined, a decrease in plasma calcium, an increase in plasma phosphate, and low production of the active form of vitamin D leads to bone disease.
- Combined, the Liberals and NDP had 154 seats – one short of the total needed for the balance of power.
- Combined, the top 10 drivers in the second and third-tier classes at each NASCAR Dodge Weekly Series track will share nearly $350,000.
- Efficacy of combined use of ursodeoxycholic acid and heptral in the treatment of primary biliary cirrhosis.
- BACKGROUND: Oral and topical mesalazine formulations are effective in active ulcerative colitis, but little is known on the efficacy of combined treatment.
- A significant effect (Pv=0.033) was also seen when comparing the combined treatment with the treatment with.sup.224Ra wire alone.
- RESULTS: 67 patients were assigned to oral treatment and 63 to combined treatment.
- The result was the Battle of Khaironeia in Boeotia (338 BC), in which the Macedonians defeated a combined army of Athenians and Thebans.
- In 451 he led a combined army, including his former enemy the Visigoths, against the Huns at the Battle of the Catalaunian Plains.
- As the consul of the year, Maximus was by law the senior commander of the combined armies.
- Svindal finished in a two-run combined time of 2 minutes, 19.64 seconds, collecting his second gold after winning the downhill on Sunday.
- Goergl, who led after the first leg, finished in a two-run combined time of 2 minutes, 38.49 seconds.
- Rebensburg, who had never won a major race and was sixth after the opening leg, won in a two-run combined time of 2 minutes, 27.11 seconds.
- Janka, who led after the first leg, clocked a combined total of 2min 37.83sec over the two runs down the Dave Murray course.
- Miller edged Janka on Friday in the super combined.
- Janka took the gold, his first Olympic medal, in a combined time of two minutes, 37.83 seconds.
- Cuche claimed first place with a combined time of 2:21.45 followed in second place by Ligety who was.40 seconds behind in total time.
- Ligety was third after the first run and second in the next for a combined time of 2 minutes, 24.31 seconds, edging Manfred Moelgg of Italy by 0.15.
- The four sports categorized as Nordic events are: biathlon, cross country skiing, ski jumping and nordic combined.
- Venue: All Nordic combined events will be contested at Whistler Olympic Park, the same venue used for cross country skiing, ski jumping and biathlon.
- The park will be the site of the biathlon, cross-country skiing, ski jumping and Nordic combined events at the 2010 Olympics.
- These sports and events included alpine skiing, Nordic combined, cross-country skiing, biathlon, figure skating, speed skating, ice hockey and ski jumping.
- Whistler Olympic Park will host all of the Nordic events including: Biathlon, cross-country skiing, nordic combined, and ski jumping.
- The four sports categorized as Nordic events were: biathlon, cross-country skiing, ski jumping and Nordic combined.
- Some organizations argue that this abuse is endemic to the movement, and is a result of a combined number of issues.
- Following the 1999 local elections, the number of Conservative councillors equalled the combined number of Labour and Liberal Democrats.
- A number of factors combined to make Mohanlal immensely popular in Kerala.
- Some time later, the battle of Chi Bi took place and ended in victory for the combined forces of the Southland and Liu Bei.
- The truth is, this law in so far as it is mental and not an effect of organic reaction is a result of the combined forces, similarity and contiguity.
- Jehoram responds by makes a pact with Judah, and the combined forces of Israel, Judah, and Edom (a vassal of Judah), set out to attack Moab.
- Saladin invaded the Frankish territory in 1187 and in July of that year defeated the combined armies of the crusader states at the Battle of Hattin.
- At the Battle of Anegawa, Nobunaga and Tokugawa Ieyasu defeated the combined forces of the Asakura and Azai clans.
- The Battle of Chios (201 BC) was fought between the fleet of Philip V of Macedon against the combined fleet of Rhodes, Pergamum, Byzantium and Cyzicus.
- In most of these minerals, antimony is combined with sulfur to produce some form of antimony sulfide (Sb 2 S 3).
- A bivalent element, beryllium is found naturally only combined with other elements in minerals.
- This, combined with the extensive barrel ageing, results in a wine with the strength and wild energy of a Barbera, but the refined elegance of Barolo.
- Most users of household bleach believe that it does not lose its strength until it is combined with water.
- When combined they form a magnet whose strength is represented by its magnetic moment, m.
- The nanoparticulate NSAID composition is then combined with zonisamide, or a salt or derivative thereof, to form a composition according to the invention.
- One is that the patent examiner has not found any prior art that can be combined to give all of the elements of the claimed invention.
- Combined with the lower amount of water in women's bodies, this means that women typically become drunk earlier than men.
- The net loss of energy from the fusion reaction also means that the mass of the fused nuclei is lower than the combined mass of the individual nuclei.
- Shuja allied Afghanistan with the United Kingdom in 1809, as a means of defending against a combined invasion of India by Napoleon and Russia.
- In these previous studies, the effect of racemic halofenate on diabetes was observed when combined with sulfonylureas.
- Atorvastatin and micronized fenofibrate alone and in combination in type 2 diabetes with combined hyperlipidemia.
- Playford DA, Watts GF, Croft KD, Burke V. Combined effect of coenzyme Q10 and fenofibrate on forearm microcirculatory function in type 2 diabetes.
- Furthermore, to our knowledge, there seems to be a lack of information about the combined effects of HPV load and smoking in cervical cancer development.
- It can be combined with vegetables but it can also be used in soups and rice.
- In nuclear fusion, energy is released when atoms are combined or fused together to form a larger atom.
- The atoms which form our tissues are always chemically combined with other atoms to form molecules.
- When two distinct elements are chemically combined, with the atoms held together by chemical bonds, the result is termed a compound.
- For example, agents for treating diabetes may be combined with the compounds and compositions of this invention.
- Synergism exists when the combined effect is greater than the sum of the compounds if used separately.
- This, combined with changes in the Code of Points and evolving popular opinion in the sport, have seen older gymnasts return to competition.
- In the event an engine builder prepares engines for more than one team, the points will be accrued by the team and may not be combined.
- The grid consists of a triangular array of points that cover the United States, combined with several types of hexagons associated with the grid points.
- A year later she became Olympic champion, and the following season she won a world championships silver medal in combined.
- She went on to win three more races during the season; a Super G, a super combined, and another downhill.
- Zettel finished in a two-run combined time of 2 minutes, 36.22 seconds for her first victory of the season and seventh overall — all in giant slalom.
- The same two words combined by way of samasa result in the third word pitambara which means "the one dressed in yellow," that is Krishna.
- Lojban's 1300 root words can be easily combined to form a vocabulary of millions of words.
- By means of this rebus system in which letters and pictures were combined, the Egyptians could write a large number of the words of their language.
- Thus, the etendue has no increase whether one, two, three, or more spatial light modulators are combined in this way.
- CFB can be used this way when combined with a shift register as the input for the block cipher.
- In addition to defining these basic structures, the topic map standards also define the way in which two or more topic maps may be combined or merged.
- This means when two different foods are combined, the amino acids in one protein can compensate for the one lacking in the other.
- Mineral organic salts, here described, are compounds of mineral ions (K, Mg,Ca, Zn, etc.) combined with amino acids(glutamic aicd & aspartic acid).
- Glutamine and arginine are two such amino acids, and their fat-burning effects are magnified when they're combined.
- It is then combined with aspartic acid to form arginosuccinic acid, which later is metabolized into the amino acid arginine.
- Acclydine treatment was combined with amino acid supplements to provide sufficient essential and nonessential amino acid intake during treatment.
- This amino acid forms during the urea cycle and forms ornithine when combined with carbon dioxide.
- The combined use of alcohol and sodium oxybate may result in potentiation of CNS depressant effects.
- The dried or fresh herbs are combined with alcohol, then the solid matter is removed leaving only the oils of the herbs mixed with the alcohol.
- When combined with a diuretic, the risk of diabetes may increase.
- Alcohol use combined with smoking greatly increases risk of oral cancer.
- The risk is increased when these drugs are combined with radiation therapy.
- The ranking is a combined score of both (1) the number of times a case was cited and (2) the depth-of-analysis associated with the citation.
- The relative contributions of each of these components are difficult to analyze, especially in the case of patients who have received combined chemotherapy.
- In the case of water, the three 2p orbitals of the oxygen atom are combined with the 2s orbital to form four sp3 hybrid orbitals.
- In many cases, vaccines against several diseases are combined, reducing the number of shots your pet must have.
- In cases where bacterial infection is a cause, eyelid hygiene may be combined with various antibiotics and other medications.
- Gesamtschule is a type of school where those three types are combined - in most cases that means that those three schools share one building or campus.
- The use of thyroid hormones in the therapy of obesity, alone or combined with other drugs, is not justified and has been shown to be ineffective.
- Patients with familial combined hyperlipidemia deserve attempts at lipid lowering, with diet first and, if necessary, with drugs.
- Levels of leucocyte, neurophils and thrombocytes tended to the recover after combined administration of both drugs in the 2 patients.
- Comparative efficacy and safety of pravastatin, nicotinic acid and the two combined in patients with hypercholesterolemia.
- The efficacy of intensive dietary therapy alone or combined with lovastatin in out patients with hypercholesterolemia.
- Effect of policosanol on lipid levels among patients with hypercholesterolemia or combined hyperlipidemia.
- Matzo must be baked within 18 minutes of the flour being combined with water.
- Svindal delivered the fastest final run to make up a 1.17-second deficit from the opening leg and won with a combined time of 2 minutes, 17.87 seconds.
- Janka, 23, finished his two slalom runs in a combined time of 2 minutes, 37.83 seconds at Whistler Creekside in British Columbia.
- It's been a minute since Aceyalone, Mikah 9 and Abstract Rude have combined forces but their chemistry sounds untouched by time.
- Schild, who was fifth after the opening leg, finished in a combined 1 minute, 37.89 seconds.
- The astronomical unit and Rømer's time estimate were combined by Christiaan Huygens, who estimated the speed of light to be 1000 Earth diameters per minute.
- Of course the method may be optionally combined with any other therapy or condition used in the treatment of a mood disorder.
- The 25-year-old American finished the Pokoren 3 course in a combined 2 minutes, 22.02 seconds to win the event for a third straight year.
- This calculated Example illustrates the course when the carbonylation to form acetic acid in reactor 2 is combined with the water gas reaction.
- Hot favourite in the alpine skiing, France's James Couttet could only manage a silver medal in the slalom and a bronze in the combined event.
- For all three races the courses used for the combined event are shorter than those used for the regular downhill and slalom races.
- Trude Beiser was a double-medal winner, earning gold in the combined event and silver in the downhill.
- Isner broke serve only one time in the match but, combined with winning the first set tiebreaker, that was enough to open up a two-set lead.
- The Rangers have been outscored 8-0 in their two latest losses after winning their previous two by a combined score of 14-4.
- She began by recording the fastest time in each of the three runs of the combined event, winning by almost 1½ seconds.
- In conclusion, maple syrup, when combined with the flavor and texture of waffles and pancakes, is a real winner, hands down, every time.
- In the super combined, the times of each race are added together and the fastest total time determines the winner.
- All three times will be added together and the fastest combined time of the three runs will determine your winner.
- Hydrocarbons, like fossil fuels, are compounds where hydrogen is combined with carbon.
- Explanation For example when light nuclei of hydrogen are combined to form a heavier nucleus of helium energy is liberated.
- On earth, hydrogen is found combined with other elements.
- It is found combined with other elements, most commonly with oxygen, silicon, and fluorine.
- Ozone is a gas that forms in the atmosphere when three atoms of oxygen are combined.
- About 98.5% of the oxygen in a sample of arterial blood in a healthy human breathing air at normal pressure is chemically combined with the Hb.
- These 15 teams that have invested heavily in statistics have combined to win 59.3% of their games this season.
- In Nordic combined, Magnus Moan won a bronze and silver medal at the 2006 Olympic Games and added the same at the 2007 World Championships.
- Americans won silver in the Nordic combined, making it 26 medals at these games, breaking their record a Winter Olympics not held in the United States.
- Riesch captured the gold medal with a combined time of 2 minutes, 9.14 seconds.
- She earned a total combined score of 191.34 points, almost eight points ahead of the second-place Cohen (183.36), earning her the gold medal.
- NASCAR racer Boris Said captured the gold medal in the first race of the day with a combined time of one minute, 44.38 seconds.
- Fraser led US skiers, collecting the first medals by a US skier - gold in slalom and silver in combined.
- She had already won gold in the slalom and the combined, and a silver in the super giant slalom.
- He again won gold in the combined in the 2001 world championships, as well as a silver medal in the giant slalom.
- Miller: Silver in the giant slalom and the combined in Salt Lake City in 2002, bronze in the downhill in Whistler.
- She won gold in the GS race, won the downhill, and took silver in the super-G and bronze in the super combined.
- At the 1994 Lillehammer Games, Aamodt earned silver medals in the downhill and the combined and a bronze in the super G.
- Stir in the first mixture and mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Nature > Form
- Music > Musical Compositions > Albums > Results
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Time > Times
- Natural Resources > Minerals > Metals > Silver
* Alpine Skiing
* Assens Municipality
* Claim Silver
* Combined Effect
* Combined Elements
* Combined Event
* Combined Therapy
* Elements Combined
* Fine Wool
* Flour Mixture
* Native Form
* Pricing Strategies
* Sodium Sulfate
* Step-By-Step Instruction
* Super Combined
* Ted Ligety
* United States
Books about "Combined" in