Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Conceptions"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Neither the one nor the other can be allowed; but I must try by my art of midwifery to deliver Theaetetus of his conceptions about knowledge.
- In the lower animal sattva in buddhi is not sufficiently active to lead to any degree of development of these conceptions.
- The purpose of doing this is to overcome ordinary appearances and conceptions which, according to Vajrayana, are the obstructions to nirvana and omniscience.
- The book offers insights into the development of English ideas of liberty and the relationship those ideas hold to modern conceptions of rule of law.
- Theologians have ascribed a variety of attributes to the various conceptions of God.
- This set me wondering whether there might be rival conceptions of categorification.
- The following two conceptions of set overlap but do not entirely coincide.
- These elements are, in fact, common to other dualistic conceptions in which the final triumph of good is implicit.
- Social Darwinism is closely tied to earlier conceptions of unilineal evolution which were common until at least the second part of the 20th century.
- It is not alone that property, in all its forms, is struck at; but that liberty, in all its forms, is challenged by the fundamental conceptions of socialism.
- What emerged in both the International and in the Paris commune were two very different conceptions of socialism and the revolution.
- Australasia and Oceania are not continents in most conceptions.
- Because geography is defined by local convention, there are several conceptions as to which landmasses qualify as continents.
- Peirce's pragmatism is about conceptions of objects and is a method of clarification.
- Quantum theory has been generalized as our conceptions of space and time have evolved.
- Physical space (in pre-relativistic conceptions) is not only an affine space.
- Different conceptions of Pakistan varied widely: some people thought it would be a pan-Asian Muslim superstate, including Central and West Asia.
- Central to the discussion is the notion of panentheism as a foundation to anchor our conceptions of God.
- The basic conceptions of Gnostic cosmology are, however, to be found in Cathar beliefs (most distinctly in their notion of a lesser creator god).
- These conceptions of the "true meaning of Christmas" are also sung about in Christmas albums that may have nothing to do with Christianity.
- Collectively those three things transformed my theological conceptions and approach, which restored my faith in Christianity.
- Tantric practitioners overcome ordinary appearances and conceptions by visualizing their body, environment, enjoyments, and deeds as those of a Buddha.
- If one realizes the originally clear and bright Mind, then both Buddha and Mara, as dualistic conceptions, are wrong.
- There are many different conceptions of the word "science".
- Ethical thought is not so uniformly influenced by the conceptions arrived at in science or philosophy.
- Meanwhile, conceptions such as natural rights and whether or not their goal-bearing representations are utility is plausibly debatable.
- Summary: As human beings continue to evolve, so do our conceptions of God.
- Summary. The basic conceptions of matrix algebra are introduced.
- Conceptions of God vary widely, despite the common use of the same term for them all.
- However, the term probably derives from earlier conceptions of the constellations along the ecliptic as sculpted animals.
- Bourdieu, feminism, and conceptions of social order.
- In Dubious Conceptions, Kristin Luker discusses the effect of feminism on teenage women's choices to bear children, both in and out of wedlock.
- These two conceptions of civil religion substantially overlap.
- The conceptions of a revolutionary party and vanguard, developed by Lenin, brought to existence one of the largest tyrannies the world has ever known.
- Piaget then made the assumption whenever one transforms the world to meet individual needs or conceptions; one is, in a way, assimilating it.
- They differ also in the ways they deliberately seek to change the world and in their conceptions of natural social change.
- During the first day of the meeting young participants have met with conceptions of Strategy for the Baltic Sea from different countries and regions.
- The basic dilemma that permeates contemporary anarchism, therefore, is the one between traditionalist and modern conceptions of anarchism.
- And Obama doesn't express any of the more religious right type of conceptions of civil religion (which equates it with a "Judeo-Christian" core of society).
- In Elementary Forms, Durkheim argues that the totemic gods the aborigines worship are actually expressions of their own conceptions of society itself.
- Anarchism - Conceptions of an anarchist society.
- The denominations all believe in one God but differ in their conceptions.
- These denominations all believe in one deity or deities but differ in their various conceptions of God.
- His conceptions of Christianity dominated the East for some time, but an Origenist Christianity would never have influenced the modern world.
- His conceptions, analyses and constructs have a universal significance in the history of science.
- History Early conceptions The first fictional depiction of a satellite being launched into orbit is a short story by Edward Everett Hale, The Brick Moon.
- The idea, that the people were sovereign, and capable of making all necessary laws and enforcing them, went beyond the conceptions of the Enlightenment.
- It is therefore the ability to free ourselves from the dualistic conceptions of subject and object that is the key to enlightenment.
- The Abrahamic conceptions of God include the monotheistic definition of God in Judaism, the trinitarian view of Christians, and the Islamic concept of God.
- Jewish conceptions of atonement for sin For more details on this topic, see Repentance in Judaism.
- Traditional conceptions of Tao are not to be confused with the Western concepts of theism and monotheism.
- In Buddhism such views are known as obscurations or dualistic conceptions.
- While Buddhists have evolved various conceptions of salvation, early Buddhism did not look for release in an eternal hereafter.
- Without doubt the Kalachakra Tantra is primarily dominated by conceptions which can also be found in Hinduism.
- Both schools could be said to explain supply curves in terms of marginal cost; however, there are markèd differences in conceptions of that cost.
- ABSTRACT: Cartesian dualism and the union of mind and body are often understood as conceptions that contradict each other.
- Mantra protects the mind from ordinary appearances and conceptions.
- AS the Greek for "thoughts" refers to the mind and feelings, so that for "intents," or rather "mental conceptions," refers to the intellect.
- Looking at some of its qualities, life is contradictory to our conceptions and understanding of matter in its very definition.
- More recent conceptions of the theory characterise crime as the violation of individual rights.
- In more modern conceptions of the theory, crime is characterized as the violation of individual rights.
- Spencer Oatey, H. (1993). "Conceptions of social relations and pragmatics research." Journal of Pragmatics.
- Many models of the cosmos (cosmologies) and its origin (cosmogonies) have been proposed, based on the then available data and conceptions of the universe.
- Christian art was dependent for the representation of its new conceptions upon the forms which the time and place of its origin happened to offer.
- Its emphasis will be on the way that conceptions of authorship are articulated.
- That such conceptions attached to Gaia is shown by the records of her cults at Delphi, Athens, and Aegae.
- Adding insult to injury: questioning the role of dignity in conceptions of sovereignty.
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Thought > Belief > God
- Thought > Belief > Religion > Polytheism
- Society > Humans > Self > Human Nature
- Anarchist Society
- Politics > Government > Socialism > Libertarian Socialism
Books about "Conceptions" in