Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Dance"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Dance was often referred to as a plastic art during the Modern dance era.
- The dance is a non-formal folk dance from Andalucía, Spain.
- Dance was also used as a military training technique in the countries north and east of the Mediterranean.
- The dance was first choreographed in 1946 by Chicago dance icon Ruth Page in her -ballet cartoon- style.
- The Dance are a mysterious fictional alien race in Marvel comics who communicate exclusively through dancing.
- Raoul Feuillet and Pierre Beauchamp used an adaption the word chorea to describe dance notation.
- Feuillet's Chor-graphie ( 1700) set out a method of dance notation and established the term chor-graphie for the writing, or notating of dances.
- ISBN 3-89924-057-X Hutchinson Guest, A. (1989) Choreographics: a comparison of dance notation systems from the fifteenth century to the present.
- Some Ceremonial dances, Baroque dances and Erotic dances are examples of dance forms that are a blend of Social and Concert dance.
- Contrary to popular belief concert dance does not exclusively occur in the concert or theater setting.
- As a choreographer Tamiris made works based on American themes working in both concert dance and musical theatre.
- Dance presented with music may or may not be performed in time to the music depending on the style of dance.
- Although dance and music can be traced back to prehistoric times it is unclear which artform came first.
- It is traceable through archeological evidence from prehistoric times to the music depending on the best that modern dance and Sydenhams Chorea)).
- Dance can be divided into two main categories that each have several subcategories into which most dance styles can be placed.
- Although dance is often accompanied by music, it can also be presented alone ( Postmodern dance) or provide its own accompaniment ( tap dance).
- In the early 1920s dance studies (dance practice, critical theory, analysis and history) began to be considered a serious academic discipline.
- Cunningham set the seeds for postmodern dance with his non-linear, non-climactic, non-psychological abstract work.
- People who choreograph are called choreographer s and may develop their own dance techniques as a part of their choreographic work.
- Choreography and dance techniques can be written down as dance notation which is analogous to music notation.
- Choreography is the art of making dances and the generic name given to predetermined sequences of dance movement.
- In sports, gymnastics, figure skating and synchronized swimming contain dance disciplines while martial arts kata are often compared to dances.
- For dance forms without an association structure such as Salsa or Tango Argentino they may not have formal training.
- Dance teacher and operators of dance schools rely on reputation and marketing.
- Dancesport coaches are tournament dancers or former dancesports people, and may be recognised by a dance sport federation.
- Orlando and Central Florida reach dance students and dance schools.
- Orlando modern dance is featured at the Center for Contemporary Dance.
- Dance Dance Revolution Solo, or DDR Solo, is a music video game series introduced by Konami in 1999.
- It is typically referred to as "Dance Dance Revolution 1stMIX", or "DDR 1st Mix", to avoid confusion with the series itself.
- Dance Dance Revolution: Ultramix 2 connects players via Xbox Live to deliver the ultimate in interactive dancing.
- The basic gameplay of DDR 2nd Mix follows the rest of the Dance Dance Revolution series.
- An event where dancing takes place may be called a dance.
- One of the earliest structured uses of dance may have been in the performance and telling of myths.
- Dance does not leave behind clearly identifiable physical artifacts such as stone tools, hunting implements or cave painting.
- By contrast, in Social dance (also known as Participation dance) there is no audience (as such) as all participants perform and watch at the same time.
- These categories are not mutually exclusive and are context-dependent; a particular dance style may belong to several categories.
- Before the introduction of written languages, dance was one of the methods of passing these stories down from generation to generation.
- Dance has certainly been an important part of ceremony, rituals, celebrations and entertainment since before the birth of the earliest human civilizations.
- Dance can embody or express ideas, emotions or tell a story.
- Although often producing divergent dance forms many seminal dance artists share a common heritage that can be traced back to free dance.
- When declining a dance, it is good form to offer another dance instead: ``No, thank you, I'm taking a break.
- It is not possible to say when dance became part of human culture.
- Many early forms of music and dance were created and performed together.
- Another early use of dance may have been as a precursor to ecstatic trance states in healing rituals.
- Dance can be directly participatory, social or performed for an audience.
- Modern dance is a dance form developed in the early 20th century.
- The years 1962 to 1964 are considereed the golden age of the Judson Dance Theater.
- Swan Dance_des_petits_signes 4.
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Society > Culture > Arts
- Society > Culture > Arts > Theatre
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Society > Culture > Entertainment
- Society > Humans > Health > Exercise
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Society > Culture
Books about "Dance" in