Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Dave"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Dave is the one singing AND drumming AND playing guitar AND singing the backing vocals.
- Dave was a great musician, but I think Jack is a little more of a Matt Cameron (Soundgarden) type of drummer and is better suited to us.
- Dave is an expert fisherman and knows a lot about all the fish in this area.
- Dave was a drummer who could carry Kurt's uneven beat without a thought.
- Dave is a man of surprisingly low intelligence and is frequently childlike.
- Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas are back as Bob and Doug in these on air riffs from their time hosting a radio program.
- Learn about the life of Dave Thomas at Biography.com.
- The singer, Dave Thomas, is a very large man, I'm talking huge.
- Dave Scott will always be known as Mr. October and 'The Man.' When it came time to head to Kona, it didn't matter what Dave Scott had done during the season.
- Rather than race, Dave Scott serves as a commentator for ABC's Ironman coverage.
- Guys like Scot Molina, Dave Scott and myself -- we got lucky.
- Dave: --and which is in no way to say that, that Scott Thompson is in the ham because lord knows he is.
- The show began with the arrival of new news director, level-headed Dave Nelson (Dave Foley).
- Prostitutes (Maudre and Jocelyn) Scott Thompson and Dave Foley played a pair of prostitutes who would hang around street corners.
- His first day, he met Dave Foley and they quickly became good friends.
- For the past half decade or so, saxophonist Chris Potter has alternately traveled with two of the best bandleaders in jazz, Dave Holland and Dave Douglas.
- The music explores more open forms and while musicians hate comparisons, the music lies somewhere between Miles, Wayne Shorter and Dave Douglas.
- All four members have recorded solo discs, as well as playing with a variety of downtown greats like Paul Motian, Dave Douglas and Matt Wilson.
- Dave Liebman has developed through time to become one of the top soprano saxophonists in jazz.
- Initially, Dave Liebman played saxophones and flute with the band.
- Pianist Jim Ridl has performed and recorded with a variety of artists such as Pat Martino, Dave Liebman and Denis DiBlasio.
- In the late sixties he worked with Pete La Roca, Chick Corea, Dave Holland and Steve Swallow, amongst others, before joining Elvin Jones 's band.
- Chick Corea lived on the 1st floor, Dave Holland on the 2nd and Dave Liebman on the 3rd.
- In concert, Davis' rhythm section of Corea, Dave Holland and Jack DeJohnette combined elements of free jazz improvisation and rock music.
- Darrell Waltrip: Dave, oh, what a tangled web we weave.
- Dick Trickle, Matt Kenseth, Dave Marcis, Scott Wimmer, the Sauter family (what is there, like nine of them that race?), just to name a few.
- He joins his dad, Richard Petty, Ricky Rudd, Dave Marcis, Terry Labonte and Darrell Waltrip as the only drivers making more than 800 starts in the series.
- Rudd, who has competed on the Cup circuit for 28 years, was tied with Dave Marcis with 56-career Cup starts at MIS prior to the 2005 season.
- Though there was no Paul Desmond at the concert, it was fantastic to finally get to hear Dave in person.
- O Quarteto de Dave Brubeck (piano), Eugene Wright (contrabaixo), Joe Morello (bateria) e Paul Desmond (sax alto) que escreveu este tema.
- In 1959, the Dave Brubeck Quartet released Time Out, an album their label was enthusiastic about but nonetheless hesitant to release.
- Also in 1954, the Dave Brubeck Quartet "breakthrough" album, Jazz at Oberlin, made the charts in Billboard Magazine.
- He is probably best known for Take Five, written by Paul Desmond, who was the saxophonist in The Dave Brubeck Quartet.
- Dave Koz (born David Kozlowski, March 27, 1963) is an American jazz saxophonist and radio host.
- I recommend this album to anyone who agrees with my discovery that a woman can play the saxophone as well as, say, Dave Koz, Kenny G and Najee.
- Dave Koz is a great saxophonist and he shows it through the different kinds of songs included in Saxophonic.
- Fans of similarly inclined artists such as Candy Dulfer and Dave Koz should find much to enjoy here.
- The fans of NASCAR driver Dave Blaney have had enough.
- It's an amazing opportunity for fans to see history from day one with David Ellefson and Dave Mustaine.
- Kurt Busch, Ricky Rudd and Dave Blaney and most of the leaders took 2 tires, Gas only for Jimmie Johnson.
- He had a long feud with Dave Sullivan because Dave gave Kimberly gifts.
- Dave started teaming with Hogan and Sting against Ric Flair and his henchmen, and Kevin soon turned on Dave, which started a feud that went into 1995.
- DDP had a feud with Dave Sullivan, who objected to how DDP treated her.
- After Wrestlemania 23, Regal and Taylor began a feud with Kane when after a match between Kane and Dave Taylor, Taylor and Regal attacked Kane.
- How to purchase this item: To purchase "Listen Here - Songs By Dave Frishberg", just click on the "Click to Buy!" button above.
- DAVE ALEXANDER: There's not a lot that distinguishes performance.
- Bob Dorough and Dave Frishberg (his co-leader on this CD) have a lot in common.
- Dave Tippett: We don't have a lot of options right now with some of the people we have out.
- Cobain, however, became dissatisfied with Channing's style, leading the band to seek out a replacement, eventually settling on Dave Grohl.
- After the tour, they finally found a replacement in Dave Grohl who had played with Washington, D.C. hardcore band Scream.
- Chamberlain suggested a drummer named Dave Abbruzzese as his replacement.
- Each recording is like an episode in the music that Domino and Dave Bartholomew made with the 1950s band, circling back now in new forms.
- He continued with music into the 40's and was heard by Dave Bartholomew, who would become his writing partner on many of Fats' hit songs.
- After working in Dave Bartholomew 's big band in 1949, he started recording for labels Star Talent, Mercury and Atlantic.
- His producer was going to be Dave Bartholomew, who at the time, was one of the best producers around.
- They went into the studio and never quite got a full recording of it, which upset Dave Bartholomew, the producer, who didn't think they had completed it.
- I do know that a lot of people are also familiar with the work that I have done as a producer, with artists such as Wayman Tisdale, Dave Koz and Jeff Lorber.
- Dave Bassett took over as manager again on 11 October 2004 after Adams' resignation.
- Iola, Dave Brubeck's wife since 1942, is his personal secretary, manager and lyricist, and co-authored the Cannery Row Suite with Dave.
- Dave Sexton Docherty had been popular with the fans, and the new manager, Dave Sexton, needed success to dispel the unfavorable comparisons.
- Bill Davis Racing is expected to announce soon it has signed Dave Blaney to replace Scott Wimmer for next season [in the #22 Caterpillar Dodge].
- Dave Blaney captured his first series win in that race and this season, he drives for upstart Toyota.
- Dave Blaney has run the rest of the season, except for the Aarons 499 at Talladega, where Michael McDowell drove while Blaney was away with his family.
- The jazz composer and pianist selects his favorite tunes from albums by Charlie Parker, Dave Brubeck, Max Roach and Earl Hines.
- At the beginning of his career Florence worked as a pianist and arranger with Dave Pell.
- Dave Grusin is a great jazz - pianist, in this CD, the versions about the Gerswin works are grat.
- At age 8, he played piano for Dave Brubeck and jammed with Chick Corea.
- Dave Mattacks - drums, piano, electric piano.
- Dave Frishberg is known for his humorous compositions, best heard featuring the composer at the piano and singing.
- Dave Matthews began a tour in December 2003 to promote his album Some Devil.
- Dave Matthews is a member of the band Lynyrd Skynyrd, along with Ving Rhames, Cedric the Entertainer, and a kid from Beverly Hills 90210.
- Vocalist and guitarist, Dave Matthews, typically begins the song slowly with just vocals and acoustic guitar.
- The key move for Dave Matthews was when he relocated in 1986 to Charlottesville, Virginia, where his parents had lived before he was born.
- His parents, Virginia and James Grohl divorced when Dave turned six.
- While there, she did a vocal session with Dave Lambert and Jon Hendricks, who were working on an album of Basie solos transposed for vocals.
- While playing the jazz circuit in Virginia, Beauford found a big fan in the form of Dave Matthews, which eventually led to the two working together.
- The date is October 21 of 1990 and the band is now at Maida Vale Studio 3 working on a BBC session for John Peel with new drummer Dave Grohl.
- He and the team have had a great season, one that guys like Kyle Petty, Dave Blaney, and Michael Waltrip would do anything to have a taste of.
- Dave Douglas did a series of records where he did Booker Little, Wayne Shorter, maybe a few other guys.
- Dave Campbell is a former Santa Cruz rider an old friend of Steve Grover whos is one of the two guys that own Cold War.
- Dave and Tommy record a full length Christmas album in 2005, consisting of various styles of music that really show the spirit of the season.
- Chas & Dave did later contribute to the show, performing "Down to Margate", the closing credits song for " The Jolly Boys' Outing ".
- On his first show after recovering, Dave brought out all the doctors and nurses on the show who had helped him during his surgery and recovery.
- He remembers that Cobain was being rather "cynical", whilst Krist and Dave were in higher spirits playing with balloons during the interview.
- Grohl could come out for an interview, and yell, "I'm Dave Grohl, I was in Nirvana, bow before me!" and the reporter would pretty much have to oblige.
- In an interview in Goldmine magazine, artists Pink, Dave Matthews, and Wilco were among the artists slated for the project.
- Their impeccable grooves can be heard on classic hits by Otis Redding, Wilson Pickett, Carla Thomas, Albert King, Sam & Dave and numerous others.
- Even better, they offer the sight of such artists as Otis Redding, Sam and Dave, Booker T. & the MGs, and the Staple Singers in action.
- His recording included guest appearances from such artists as Chris Gaffney and Dave Alvin.
- Dave has play drums for such artists as Freddie “Boom Boom” Canon, Charlie Gracie, Nick Kane of The Mavericks, and is the drummer for Herman’s Hermits.
- Dave Rogers brought Kyle Busch in for a four tire stop with what everyone knew would be a G-W-C finish.
- I'm real happy with that and the way the guys and (crew chief) Dave (Rogers) have been working real hard on everything,'' said Kyle Busch.
- Kerry Tharp: We have Kyle Busch and he's joined at the podium by his crew chief Dave Rogers.
- Two cars were already back in the garage, those of Dave Blaney and Max Pappis.
- Dave Blaney started 24th and fell toward the back with battery problems early in the race.
- Dave Tippett: I'm going to go back to the old coach-speak, one game at a time, one period at a time.
- Dave Fleischer left the studio at that time to become the head of Columbia 's Screen Gems animation studio in California.
- Dave Grohl is finally returning to his day job and has announced the Foo Fighters are heading back into the studio.
- Dave Matthews Band returned to the studio in the fall of 2004 and continued to shape their next album.
- The keyboards of Corea and Zawinul create a haunting, riffing groove echoed and accented by the two basses of Harvey Brooks and Dave Holland.
- Again, the manner in which the various sections of the song are put together just reminds me so much of the Dave Weckl band with Steve Weingart on keyboards.
- Her instrumental "Pajamasamba" was a winner in JAZZIZ magazine's first nationwide talent search, "Keyboards on Fire!" judged by Dave Brubeck and Bob James.
- Dave Grohl plays all instruments with the exception of bass, handled by Krist Novoselic.
- In the summer of 1991, Dave Grohl went into WGNS Studios and recorded four songs, playing all the instruments himself.
- The team gave the correct answer which was obviously the fact that Kurt, Krist and Dave finished the song and then smashed up their instruments as normal.
- Dave Grohl stated Cobain believed "Music comes first, lyrics come second".
- Dans melody, titled simply Eastwood Lane, became a song when lyrics were added by the current master of that craft, Dave Frishberg.
- In an interview, Dave Grohl commented on the lyrics of Everlong saying they referred to people he thought were heroes to him.
- Hawkins, Dave - Biography, Real Audio samples and schedule for the contemporary acoustic artist.
- Includes a foreword by Dave Douglas and a biography.
- Crashing Blue - Sound samples, news, shows, biography, images and quotes from the Nova Scotia band influenced by Dave Matthews Band and Radiohead.
- Nirvana started another short US tour in February of 1990 and one month later Chad left the band to be replaced with Dave Grohl.
- In 1990 he was invited to join and tour with Dave Brubeck 's band, and in 1993 he worked with Abdullah Ibrahim, touring Europe and South Africa.
- Dave Matthews & Friends beginning in 2003 is a band formed to tour in support of Dave Matthews 's solo debut Some Devil.
- With Rod Price's decision not to resume touring, Dave calls his old friend Bryan Bassett, who is touring with "Molly Hatchet" and asks him to join the band.
- During the 70’s he began touring and recording with his father, Dave Brubeck.
- Johanson was a member of Otis Redding 's touring band in 1966, later touring with Sam and Dave.
- Picking up drummer Dave Grohl from Washington D.C.'s Scream, the band went in the studio with producer Butch Vig to record Nevermind.
- Buzz Osbourne of the Melvins recommended a drummer from Washington, DC by the name of Dave Grohl.
- Jim Black (born 1967 in Seattle, Washington) is a jazz drummer who has performed with Tim Berne and Dave Douglas, among others.
- Dave Grohl had just recently left a band called Scream, and he boarded the plane to Seattle with only his drum kit and a bag of clothes.
- Dave Grohl joined Nirvana and moved to Seattle in 1990, where at first he shared an apartment with Kurt Cobain.
- Some six dark months after Kurt Cobain's death, Dave Grohl booked time at Robert Lang Studios in Seattle to begin recording some solo material.
- Dave Grohl is an American drummer, guitarist and songwriter.
- Dave Smalley is the lead singer and guitarist with the punk rock bands DYS, Dag Nasty, ALL and Down By Law.
- Dave Matthews is a South African born singer and guitarist.
- Dave McKean (born 1963 in Maidenhead, England) is an illustrator, photographer, comic book artist, filmmaker and musician.
- Dave Van Ronk is perhaps underestimated as a musician and blues guitarist.
- Dave Matthews once said "Stephan Smith is an incredible songwriter and musician.
- Belief > Religion > Buddhism > Nirvana
- Culture > Arts > Music > Drums
- Society > Culture > Names > Kurt
- Crew Chief
* Comedy Central
* Crew Chief
* Dave Alvin
* Dave Brubeck
* Dave Chappelle
* Dave Grohl
* Dave Krusen
* Dave Matthews Band
* Dave Sim
* Dave Weckl
* First Time
* Foo Fighters
Books about "Dave" in