Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Decades"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- For decades, the couple has worked separately in some of the best kitchens in France and Orange County.
- For decades, the Evelyn Wood reading courses have taught people how to become proficient at reading faster.
- For decades, the two nations which have dominated international beach volleyball are Brazil and the United States.
- For decades, the colony of Santo Domingo was the headquarters of Spanish colonial power in the New World.
- For decades, the United States has worshiped at the altar of a unified yet unnatural Iraqi state.
- As a result, a large increase in the number of patients with epilepsy can be expected in the first few decades of this century.
- Vietnam's industrial development was hampered by more than three decades of war, but as a result of economic reforms that began in the late 20th cent.
- In the ensuing decades, "Billy Graham Crusades" consistently drew audiences of thousands to arenas and stadiums throughout the world.
- Luis Palau's Beaverton, Ore.-based ministry has for four decades reached thousands of people for Christ worldwide using traditional evangelistic methods.
- Hundreds of thousands of French citizens left Algeria after 1962, as did, over the following three decades, large numbers of Algerian emigrants.
- The massive exodus of hundreds of thousands of Yemenis from the south to the north contributed to two decades of hostility between the states.
- For decades, Stern performed hundreds of concerts a year, becoming one of the most recognized and recorded classical musicians in the world.
- Over three decades the center has offered hundreds of exhibitions on the history of photojournalism and the work of some 2,500 photographers.
- Global warming is the increase in the average temperature of the Earth's near-surface air and oceans in recent decades and its projected continuation.
- These are all greenhouse gases whose concentration in the atmosphere has been increasing in recent decades, contributing to global warming.
- It has plagued scientists and politicians for decades, but scientists now say global warming is not the problem.
- For more than two decades, debate has waxed and waned between biologists and paleontologists about the reliability of their different methods.
- After decades of debate and planning, the metro extension to the west (Länsimetro) has received the go-ahead.
- For several decades after the Monetary History was published, a debate raged about the importance of monetary factors in the Depression.
- For decades, keffiyeh have been issued to British soldiers[ 10], who now, almost exclusively, refer to them as shemaghs.
- Over the past two decades, Iran and Pakistan have competed for influence in Afghanistan, supporting opposing factions.
- In the process, the eastern territories were lost and in the following decades became part of Afghanistan, the successor-state to the Durrani Empire.
- Environmental issues in Afghanistan predate the political turmoil of the past few decades.
- Astronomers have known for decades that galaxies consume each other, sometimes violently, sometimes just creating new mega-galaxies.
- The faintness, of course, was one of the reasons that Sirius B took decades to find, even though astronomers knew roughly where to look.
- Astronomers have studied Kepler intensively over the past three decades with radio, optical and X-ray telescopes, but its origin has remained a puzzle.
- Course of tic severity in Tourette syndrome: the first two decades.
- Gambon has been honored for his work on the stage, screen and television during the course of his career, which has spanned more than four decades.
- T HE COURSE OF THE PAST TWO DECADES has given rise to a distinctly new campus culture shaped by administrators’ concerns over residential life.
- Thompson called Baltimore Orioles games for the better part of five decades and served 30 years as the play-by-play announcer of the Baltimore Colts.
- The incidence of STDs is rising, in part because in the last few decades, young people have become sexually active earlier yet are marrying later.
- It was not officially closed until decades later, when it was formally brought to an end as part of the preparations for the Second Vatican Council.
- With the number of women physicists increasing, this fact (of a handful women Nobel laureates) may change two decades from now," he stated.
- In fact for decades since that time, the only tourists visiting the island have been primarily scuba divers.
- The fact that the current food industry exists and has fed the world for several decades is the biggest pro-argument to date.
- Fluoride varnish (5% sodium fluoride) has been widely used in Europe for several decades and its use is increasing in the United States.
- After the war, that country quickly became Latin America's wealthiest nation, a position it lost several decades later.
- For the next several decades, many hippies and neo-hippies became part of the Deadhead community, attending music and art festivals held around the country.
- In the last two decades, FPMT has become a worldwide movement and recently moved its world headquarters to the United States from Europe.
- The first known specimen was brought into the United States a few decades later by William Hamilton, who planted this species in Philadelphia (Shah 1997).
- His Economics had been the standard textbook in the United States and throughout the world for more than two decades.
- It is rare before the age of 35, however the incidence of cervical cancer in younger women rose dramatically during the two decades after 1960.
- Sherry is a fortified wine, made stronger by the addition of brandy, and can age for years, or even decades.
- For decades now people have been saying that the Age of Aquarius was on its way in, but nobody could really say exactly when it would start.
- In the recent decades, the incidence of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) has been found to be increasing in males in some countries.
- Recent reports have shown significant increases in the incidence of HCC in the US during the past two decades [ 1, 2].
- The incidence of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC) has been gradually increasing over the last 3 decades.
- Surveys indicate that total cholesterol levels have been declining in older people over the last few decades.
- Due to the increasing use of the English language the numbers of Welsh speakers had been declining for decades.
- But in fact, gun ownership in the United States has been declining steadily over more than three decades, relegating gun owners to minority status.
- Populations of nearly all large whale species are currently on the increase, after decades of decline as a result of (now illegal) whaling.
- More complex wines will typically improve progressively over time, reaching a peak after several years or even decades, and then begin to decline.
- Dental scientists agree that fluoride toothpaste use has been the main cause of the decline in dental decay in Europe during the last three decades.
- Infection. For decades, researchers have suspected that primary biliary cirrhosis might result from a bacterial, fungal or parasitic infection.
- However, some researchers suspect that iodine intake levels in Australia have dropped considerably, perhaps by as much as half, over the past few decades.
- As NAFLD increases in incidence and prevalence, researchers expect it to become the leading indication for liver transplantation in the next two decades.
- Professional Maximum Strength 22% Carbamide Peroxide Whitening Gel is the strongest at-home whitening gel made and is the result of decades of research.
- As a result of this, the numerical solution of which has been an active area of research for the last three decades.
- The study of interstellar ammonia has been important to a number of areas of research in the last few decades.
- Then came an economic downturn in Europe followed by two world wars, and the French wine industry didn't fully recover for decades.
- Poland is a new democracy that still carries the vivid memory of two World Wars and decades of Communist rule.
- Until the end of World War II the population increase in France was perhaps the lowest in Europe, but in postwar decades the rate has increased.
- The persecution and murder of Jews in Norway during World War II was largely left unstudied for several decades after the war.
- Diesel and electric trains and locomotive s replaced steam in many countries in the decades after World War II.
- In Châteauneuf-du-Pape, on poor soils with rigorous pruning and 'bush' training it can produce dense wines worthy of decades of cellaring.
- Robert Parker 92 "A typical blockbuster, the 1997 Cabernet Sauvignon Napa needs 10-12 years of cellaring, and should keep for three decades or more.
- Prices for the best wines from good vintages have shown strong gains over the past two decades and demand for the top properties shows no sign of abating.
- The total population was estimated at 293 million in 1991, having been the 3rd most populous nation after China and India for decades.
- The Nehru-Gandhi family which has governed India for last few decades after Independence from British rule hails from Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh.
- China has already trebled its share of world GDP (gross domestic product) over the past two decades and India has doubled it.
- The community surrounding modern fan fiction has generated a considerable number of unique subgenres and literary terminology over the past several decades.
- He was an able military commander and the most influential man in the Western Roman Empire for two decades (433-454).
- In recent decades, food production has moved away from the public eye.
- The songwriter was a reluctant performer who for several decades had stayed largely out of the public eye.
- In recent decades, however, Reform rabbis and laity have come to affirm various beliefs including theism, deism, and Reconstructionist naturalism.
- That Lucky Dube was as strongly admired throughout the world as he was in the last two decades before his death, is undisputed.
- With the death of Mughal emperor Akbar, eight years after Pratap's demise, it was hoped that Mewar would enjoy peace for the first time in many decades.
- Les Brown occasionally toured throughout the decades to come, even performing within a year of his death on January 4, 2001, at the age of 88.
- George Lewis (13 July, 1900 - 31 December, 1969) was a jazz clarinetist who achieved his greatest fame and influence in his later decades of life.
- John James Audubon received high honors during the two decades prior to his death in 1851, but his greatest fame came in the century that followed.
- Attention in recent decades to women of the medieval church has led to a great deal of popular interest in Hildegard, particularly her music.
- The sport has undergone changes and been refined during the last two decades.
- JEFF ROUSE has been at the elite level of his sport for more than two decades, and since the age of nine.
- Interest in the sport also will be heightened by Dodge's return to Winston Cup after a hiatus of nearly two decades.
- It was the decades of running moonshine that led to Johnson's career as a race-car driver, along with many other famous names in the sport.
- Some very famous names in many walks of life have been through the Old Nick Company over the past five decades.
- Eric Hoffer observed decades ago that alone of all the countries in the world, Israel is expected to behave like a Christian.
- The F-16s are one of aviation history's great export successes; they are flown by dozens of countries, and will be in service for decades to come.
- This livestock disease is endemic in countries unable to afford intensive agriculture, yet has been absent from Europe for three decades.
- Bruce Forman's guitar style has been an important part of the international jazz scene for more than two decades.
- Guitarist Jack Wilkins has been a part of the international jazz scene for more than four decades.
- It laid the first foundations for warlordism that crippled China for the next two decades.
- One effect, to be felt for decades to come, was the establishment of new armies, which, in turn, gave rise to warlordism.
- It laid the first foundations for warlordism that crippled China for the next three decades.
- In the following decades this new understanding of space and time was to revolutionize our view of the universe.
- PURPOSE: Within the last two decades, a new understanding of the biology of myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) has developed.
- In the last few decades, researchers have made significant breakthroughs in understanding the brain, mental processes, and behavior.
- Great advances have been made in the field of biology in recent decades that will continue to have a major impact on our lives.
- This is a chance to see the great advances in aviation technology that have been achieved over the past six decades.
- The nation has created a powerhouse in less than 30 years and its women have dominated chess for more than two decades.
- The nation says whale populations have recovered in the past two decades and that sustainable harvests are now possible.
- May 91 The 56th Field Artillery Command (PERSHING) and subordinate elements deactivated, ending three decades of PERSHING service to the nation.
- David Burnett is a photojournalist with more than 4 decades of experience covering the news and tempo of our age.
- David Burnett is a photojournalist with more than four decades of experience covering the news and the pulse of the times.
- Poveda documented violence in El Salvador as a filmmaker and photojournalist over the course of three decades.
- Andretti, 53, took the checkered flag for the first time since a victory in Cleveland in July 1988 and became the first driver to win races in four decades.
- For the first time in decades the Cossacks were recognised as not only a distinct ethnocultural entity but also as a potent military service.
- This new work presents for the first time in decades a sweeping review of the whole field of condensed matter physics.
- Banned or barely tolerated by the authorities throughout the following decades, the Communist Party will remain a marginal force in Chinese politics.
- Led by Chiang Kai-shek, it was a major force in Chinese politics for several decades before its retreat to Taiwan in 1949.
- The Beiyang Army played a major role in Chinese politics for at least three decades and arguably right up to 1949.
- What is not in dispute is that the fishery has changed in the past two decades, coinciding with the rise in popularity of reef tanks.
- After a slight decline in popularity, Choro music has made a remarkable comeback over the past few decades.
- In recent decades, Disney comics have seen a lack of popularity in their country of origin.
- The study shows that the number of clergywomen in 15 large Protestant denominations has skyrocketed over the past two decades.
- New Institutional Economics (NIE) has skyrocketed in scope and influence over the last three decades.
- In 1949, Chinese communists ended a civil war that had raged for decades, and established the People's Republic of China.
- After decades of civil war, on 30 August 1999, a provincial referendum for independence was overwhelmingly approved by the people of East Timor.
- The persecution of the Protestants was to lead France into decades of civil war, which did not end until 1598 with the Edict of Nantes.
- The advent of the EPRDF was an opportunity for Ethiopia to distance itself from decades of repressive autocratic and military rule.
- After two and a half decades of mostly military rule, a freely elected civilian government came to power in 1982.
- Over three decades of dictatorship followed by military rule ended in 1990 when Jean-Bertrand Aristide was elected president.
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Time > Past
- People > Age > People > Last
- People > Age > People > Couple
* Career Spanning
* Christian Missionaries
* Decades Past
* Economic Changes
* Explosive Growth
* Extensive Research
* First Decades
* Last Couple
* Last Decades
* Long Civil War
* Past Couple
* Past Decades
* Peter Rowan
* Three Decades
* Tireless Efforts
* Twentieth Century
Books about "Decades" in