Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Diets"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Such diets are rich in fresh fruits and vegetables and whole grains, and low in saturated fats.
- Vegan diets are also very healthy, and are mostly low in fat and cholesterol yet high in fiber and essential vitamins and minerals.
- Diets were formulated to be isocaloric and isonitrogenous.
- Diets were general assemblies of the Imperial Estates of the Holy Roman Empire of which several took place in the city of Worms in what is now Germany.
- Diets were changed to control or boswellia-supplemented on day 0 (beginning of DSS or TNBS treatment) and continued till the time of death.
- Anything from weight loss and diets to skin care, blogging and making money online.
- Children who were raised on diets in which butter was a central ingredient grew to be robust, sturdy and free of tooth decay.
- It contains virtually no calories but is rich in fibre, which makes this jelly-like food very popular for diets.
- These diseases are linked to diets low in fibre and high in saturated fat.
- Population studies in East Africa seemed to show a protective effect of fibre and high-fibre diets became the fashion.
- One major concern expressed by the nutrition community is related to whether or not people are getting enough elongated omega-3 fatty acids in their diets.
- These diets have caused concern among nutritionists because of the metabolic changes and health risks associated with limited carbohydrate consumption (3).
- However, getting sufficient protein is usually not a concern for vegetarians, since most American diets tend to contain more protein than they need.
- Low-fat diets that are high in fiber, whole grains, legumes, and fresh produce can offer health advantages for cholesterol control.
- Cerivastatin is used to lower elevated blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels when low-fat diets and lifestyle changes are ineffective.
- Smokers and adults on very low-fat diets are at increased risk of developing vitamin-E deficiency.
- Azerbaijanis have combined these two foods - garlic and yogurt - which are typical to diets of people who enjoy the benefits of long life.
- My clinical observations suggest that acne vulgaris may be closely related to the consumption of diets, which are rich in fat content.
- Cao G, Booth SL, Sadowski JA, Prior RL. Increases in human plasma antioxidant capacity after consumption of controlled diets high in fruit and vegetables.
- Patients who have kidney problems need to be careful about protein consumption, as high-protein diets can worsen this condition.
- However, the incidence of cavities increases as their diets begin to include more "westernized" processed foods.
- Diets laden with saturated fat, cholesterol, and salt are the key factors in the incidence of cardiovascular diseases.
- Magnesium is an essential nutrient that is inadequate in many American diets.
- Reports on the diets of British school children show that they tend to eat far too much fat and sugar and not enough dietary fibre, iron and calcium.
- Hence, heme iron can account for up to 35 percent of absorbed iron in diets when accounting for only 10 percent of total dietary iron intake.
- Vegetarian diets are low in heme iron, but careful meal planning can help increase the amount of iron absorbed.
- Compensatory mechanisms may help vegetarians adapt to diets that may be low in zinc (33).
- Vegetarian diets tend to contain less zinc than meat-based diets.
- This review updates nutrition professionals on our current understanding of both the physiological and pharmacological roles of zinc in animal diets.
- Alcohol interferes with thiamin metabolism in the body, and diets high in alcohol are often deficient in vitamins and minerals.
- Many low-fat diets are also vegetarian, although anyone can follow a low-fat diet, whether or not they are vegetarian.
- In patients not responding to a low-fat diet, enteral nutritional therapy (elemental, semi-elemental and polymeric diets) may be required.
- The consumption of meaty diets, compared to vegetarian diets, has been shown to nearly double the risk of gallstones in women.
- But people who are on very rapid weight-loss diets may be given medicines for pain and nausea and to prevent gallstones.
- Gallstones are not associated with diets high in non-heme iron foods such as beans, lentils, and enriched grains.
- Essential amino acids refer to the amino acids that are essential for our diets.
- Deficiencies in the proper balance of amino acids is likely to occur in those with poor diets.
- Infusion solutions require a range of amino acids including those essential in human diets.
- Supplements are important as these days people are slacking on their diets and not getting enough proteins, which means not enough amino acids.
- The high protein diets rely on a lot of animal fats and proteins, but these vegetarians don't eat them.
- People with struvite stones, who need to reduce phosphates in their diets, should also cut down on proteins.
- Some studies have found benefits associated with diets rich in whole plant foods, and risks associated with diets rich in animal-based foods.
- Without exception, he found a strong correlation between diets rich in animal fats, robust health and athletic ability.
- British Jews, as shown by the Jewish Housewives Cookbook (London, 1846), also had diets rich in cream, butter, eggs, and lamb and beef tallows.
- A high intake of fluids and diets rich in fruits, vitamin C, and magnesium were associated with a lower risk of Crohns only.
- In fact, people who eat diets rich in calcium may actually weigh less and have less body fat.
- As a consequence of diets rich in fats, proteins and caffeine, the body tends to get dehydrated.
- When humans get stressed or are not receiving enough calcium in their diets, the mucus membrane in the stomach erodes away.
- The typical yellow-coloured fat of humans and chickens is a result of fat storage of carotenes from their diets.
- Just as in humans, high-fat diets have been associated with elevated cholesterol levels and heart disease in captive-living Western lowland gorillas.
- Rats were maintained on diets of varying iron content for several weeks to generate animals of differing iron status.
- Such diets have also caused increases in hepatic lipid peroxidation and activation of inflammatory pathways in the liver of rats (9).
- Scientists “create” obese mice and rats to use in research on diets or diabetes by injecting them with MSG at birth.
- However, low-fiber, high-cholesterol diets, and diets high in starchy foods have been suggested as contributing to gallstone formation.
- Low-fibre (roughage), high-cholesterol diets, and diets high in starchy foods have been suggested as contributing to gallstone formation.
- However, low fiber, high cholesterol diets, and diets high in starchy foods have been suggested as contributing to gallstone formation.
- Miniature Pinschers are also prone to overeating and should have their diets monitored to prevent obesity.
- Obesity and diets that are high-fat or high-calorie have been linked to cancer in laboratory animals and humans.
- Literature reviews of research on the effect of high-protein, low-carbohydrate diets on obesity and lipid levels are not convincing.
- Iodine is a needed nutrient that is lacking in most diets.
- IMPLICATIONS: These data support efforts to increase dietary folate in segments of the population having diets with low intakes of this nutrient.
- Vegan diets may lack this nutrient because fortified cows milk is its most common dietary source.
- Some evidence suggests that low-fat and high-fiber diets may reduce your risk of colon cancer.
- People who eat diets rich in fruits and vegetables seem to have a lower incidence of many cancers including colon cancer.
- Most preliminary studies have shown high calcium diets are associated with reduced colon cancer risk.
- Diets high in vegetables and fruits have been linked with a lower risk of colorectal cancer.
- In countries where the people have adopted western diets, the incidence of colorectal cancer is increasing.
- Vegetarian diets may decrease the risks of colorectal cancer due to the lack of animal fat.
- Diets with high intakes of energy may lead to increased levels of oestrogen and other hormones that may enhance expression of HHMMTV.
- Pernicious anemia is simple to treat (with vitamin replacement) but it is easily missed, particularly in patients whose diets are rich in folic acid.
- Women with diets low in folic acid and those who smoke may be at a higher risk for cervical dysplasia.
- Folic acid and B12 should be considered in all cases of nerve inflammation, nerve degeneration blood sugar problems, nerve irritation and vegetarian diets.
- Vegetarian diets tend to be higher in potassium, magnesium, and calcium, as is the DASH diet.
- Diets rich in potassium may help to maintain healthy blood pressure.
- While potassium is lower in modern diets compared with so-called primitive diets, true deficiencies are uncommon.
- Like many Western diets, the customary diet of this population was high in sodium and low in potassium.
- Diets high in sodium (salt) can contribute to increased blood pressure.
- Sodium chloride (salt) may be helpful, but Western diets already contain too much sodium.
- The Garden of Eden--plant based diets, the genetic drive to conserve cholesterol and its implications for heart disease in the 21st century.
- Carnivorous wild animals have diets high in fat and cholesterol but no signs of atherosclerosis and heart disease.
- Diets rich in plant fiber are related to a reduction of heart disease, colon cancer and diabetes.
- Diets high in saturated fats raise “bad” cholesterol levels in the blood.
- Other studies have shown that high fat diets significantly increase the risk of cardiovascular disease(3,47).
- Most studies to date have found no difference in stone development between people with low and normal protein diets over 4 years.
- Despite these startling admissions, the studies nevertheless concluded the exact opposite and urged people to reduce animal foods from their diets.
- Pregnant women plagued by cravings for pickles and ice cream must remember to include plenty of folic acid in their diets.
- Pregnant women and nursing mothers should only consider using supplemental L-lysine if their diets are low in this amino acid.
- Vitamin supplements are warranted for certain people, such as pregnant women, newborns, and people on special diets.
- But I have always suggested that people supplement those diets with some "living" food- meats, eggs, fish, veggies, and fruits.
- Most of the essential amino acids can be found in the typical foodstuff that we consume as part of our daily diets, including meat, fish and vegetables.
- Vegetarian diets that do not include fish and eggs are generally low in active forms of omega-3 fats.
- Conversely, diets high in fiber-rich foods such as fruits, vegetables, and beans prevent the buildup of excess hormones in the system.
- Diets high in fibers found in oats, psyllium seeds, fruit (pectin), and beans (guar gum) are linked to a reduction of cholesterol levels.
- Macrobiotic diets consist mostly of whole grains and beans.
- The vegans follow diets that include food only from plants like fruits vegetables, seeds, legumes, grains, and nuts.
- Vegan diets can provide zinc at levels close to or even higher than the RDA. Zinc is found in grains, legumes, and nuts.
- Since improperly prepared grains cause so many digestive problems, many people have partially or completely removed grains from their diets.
- High-fiber diets promote bowel regularity, may help reduce the risk of colon cancer, and can help reduce cholesterol levels.
- It also helps explain why diets rich in fruits and vegetables are associated with reduced risk of heart diseases.
- Also, some studies have suggested that diets that avoid dairy products may reduce the risk of prostate and ovarian cancer.
- Diets high in saturated fat have been shown to correlate with an increased incidence of atherosclerosis and coronary heart disease.
- Surveys of lower-income families in the United States have revealed that about 6% of the infants are anemic indicating a deficiency of iron in their diets.
- It should be noted that symptomatic vitamin E deficiency in healthy individuals who consume diets low in vitamin E has never been reported.
- Deficiency has been associated with extremely inadequate protein diets in children.
- People who may struggle to get enough vitamin B12 in their diets, such as vegans, may need to take vitamin B12 tablets for life.
- Myth: Fermented soy foods can provide vitamin B12 in vegetarian diets.
- Most diets provide an adequate amount of BCAAs for most people, which is about 25-65 mg per 2.2 pounds of body weight.
- Phosphorus is a necessary nutrient, but diets are almost always adequate in this mineral.
- Upon shopping, growing or raising foods rich in amino acids, individuals need to impart an adequate and substantial amount of protein within their diets.
- In some parts of the world, diets that are low in iodine increase the risk for thyroid cancer.
- The incidence of thyroid cancer also is higher in countries where diets are low in iodine.
- In some areas of the world, diets are low in iodine.
- Diets rich in milk, cheese, yogurt and other dairy products provide important vitamins and minerals essential for human growth and development.
- Riboflavin (vitamin B2) may also be low on vegan diets, the main dietary source being milk and milk products.
- In normal diets, most galactose comes from the breakdown (metabolism) of lactose, which is found in milk and dairy products.
- Most people can prevent this anemia by including animal products like milk, cheese, and eggs in their diets.
- Wheat bran, eggs, meat, milk, and cheese are important sources in diets containing these foods.
- Since most people who eat meat or eggs get enough B 12 in their diets, a deficiency of this vitamin usually means that the body is not absorbing it properly.
- Both the American Diabetes Association and the American Dietetic Association recommend diets based on the use of food exchange lists.
- The American Dietetic Association and Dietitians of Canada agree that well planned vegan diets are a great idea.
- Milk and other dairy products remain a staple in the diets of most Americans.
- Americans are advised to reduce (not eliminate) fat in their diets.
- Tens of millions of Americans are now working to prevent cancer by taking supplements and adding functional foods to their diets.
- Nutrition > Diets > Vegetarianism > Vegetarians
- Home > Cooking > Foods > Fat
- Architecture > Home > Cooking > Foods
- Economics > Money > Money Online > Internet Jobs
* Dairy Foods
* Dairy Products
* Diets High
* Diets Low
* Junk Food
* Low Calorie
* Mineral Supplement
* Primary Source
* Rapid Weight
* Vegan Diets
* Vegetarian Diet
* Vegetarian Diets
* Vegetarian Foods
Books about "Diets" in