Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Dionne Warwick"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Dionne Warwick is listed with a tax delinquency of $2,665,305.83 in personal income tax and a tax lien was filed July 24, 1997.
- Dionne Warwick was with her when she died on October 18, 2008 in a nursing home in Essex County, New Jersey.
- Dionne Warwick married actor and drummer William Elliott (CBS's " Bridget Loves Bernie -1972-73) in 1966 and the couple divorced in May 1967.
- From The Supremes to Dionne Warwick to Oleta Adams, Great Women of Soul showcases some of the most influential soul divas in R&B history.
- Lee runs through a host of soul singers such as Sly Stone, Dionne Warwick and Jimi Hendrix, who he wants to emulate and become a star.
- Into the 1990s, Vandross built on this success, collaborating with such diverse talents as Dionne Warwick, Gregory Hines, Janet Jackson, and Mariah Carey.
- Dionne Warwick has won five Grammy Awards during her music career.
- Bacharach and David were associated throughout the sixties with Dionne Warwick, a conservatory -trained vocalist whom the duo met in 1961.
- She is collaborating on a project with her cousin, singer Dionne Warwick.
- Dionne Warwick comes from a long line of gospel singers as her mother, her mother's sisters, of which Ms. Cissy Houston is one, were born to sing.
- Houston recorded the song "Family First" with mother Cissy Houston and cousin Dionne Warwick for the movie soundtrack to Daddy's Little Girls.
- The film soundtrack LP, sans Warwick vocals, failed to impress the public, while Dionne Warwick in Valley of the Dolls earned an RIAA Gold certification.
- Dionne Warwick had a hit version of the title song.
- And without a shred of serious intent, I've compared songs sung by Franklin, Dionne Warwick and Diana Ross on our Diva Demolition Derby page.
- Another gold hit that featured Jamerson was "Then Came You" by Dionne Warwick and the Spinners (number two R&B, number one pop, fall 1974).
- Knight then released an album in late 1991, Good Woman, featuring guest stars Patti LaBelle and Dionne Warwick.
- There are a few important "firsts" that make Dionne Warwick a true pioneer.
- Dionne Warwick That's hard because Dionne is a legend.
- Warwick died Saturday at a New Jersey nursing home, with her elder sister, Dionne Warwick, by her side.
- And like Aretha Franklin 's sisters, Dee Dee had to struggle with the shadow of a superstar sibling, Dionne Warwick.
- When Aretha Franklin saw the success of Dionne Warwick, she called me up: I see what you're doing, I need a creative partner.
- YouTube - burt bacharach & dionne warwick.
- He is best known for his many pop hits from 1962-70, with lyrics written by Hal David, many of which were recorded by Dionne Warwick.
- Soon established as a major songwriting duo with HAL DAVID, BACHARACH and his partner became long term contributors to the career of Dionne Warwick.
- In 1986, a cover version by Dionne Warwick, Stevie Wonder, Gladys Knight, and Elton John became an enormous hit, raising millions for AIDS charities.
- Vandross was inspired by the soul divas of the 1960s and 1970s: Dionne Warwick, Patti LaBelle, Diana Ross, and Aretha Franklin, whom he eventually produced.
- Warwick was the younger sister of Dionne Warwick, niece of gospel singer Cissy Houston and cousin of singer Whitney Houston [ 2].
- Music > Composers > Songwriters > Hal David
- Music > Gospel Music > Gospel Singers > Aretha Franklin
- England > Birmingham > England > Warwick
- Culture > Arts > Music > Gladys Knight
Books about "Dionne Warwick" in