Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Direction"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Direction is provided to the agencies in the application of human resources management and employee relations policies and practices.
- Direction (Kaaba o Qibla) is Muhammad e and everything else is charity (khairaat) received from him.
- Direction is given to the student in the formulation of sociological hypotheses from data.
- The direction is perpendicular to both the radius from the axis and to the force.
- Dip direction is measured in 360 degrees, generally clockwise from North.
- Musical direction is by Stephen Borsuk and direction by Robert Brink.
- A change in musical direction was brought about when New Order visited New York City in 1981.
- Scheduling problems and an early difference of opinion over musical direction led to his departure from the band.
- By controlling the flow and direction, more of the energy or more of the wind or force is pushing straight forward or in the desired direction to fly.
- Ways to control the balls: 1) draw the walls for the balls to bounce off, or 2) catch a ball with a stylus and push it in the desired direction.
- A semi-directional ramp exits a road in a direction opposite from the desired direction of travel, but then turns toward the desired direction of travel.
- The cross product is, then, oriented in the direction of axis, perpendicular to the plane of vectors.
- Inclination in general is the angle between a reference plane and another plane or axis of direction.
- We must also give the orientation of the plane of rotation or, equivalently, the direction of the top's axis.
- Prof John Baldwin: Well at this time of day the Earth is moving in this direction through space round the sun.
- Magnetic forces change the direction of motion of moving charged particles like electrons.
- While the Earth is rotating upon its axis, it is also moving around the Sun in the same sense, or direction, as its rotation.
- If we rotate this plane, the vectors will change direction, but we don't want the cross product w = u × v to change at all.
- Guan Yu will change direction and head for the southern-most Gate Captain.
- In November of 1993, the band decided to change direction, and sat down for an appearance on MTV Unplugged.
- The two occasions each year when the position of the sun at a given time of day does not seem to change direction.
- A piston has mass and nothing can be forced to change direction without resisting this change.
- Refraction is the bending of the direction of light as it passes from one medium or material to another, as result of the change in its speed.
- But a point on a rotating wheel is continuously changing direction and it is inconvenient to track that direction.
- When steering a sailboat, the method for changing direction depends on the direction of the wind.
- It lasted until 1543, however, before Copernicus associated this change with a changing direction of the rotation axis of the Earth.
- However, as a vector quantity, acceleration is also the rate at which direction changes.
- Almost all of the time when light changes mediums, it changes direction.
- Most vectors x will not satisfy such an equation: a typical vector x changes direction when acted on by A, so that A x is not a scalar multiple of x.
- The launch azimuth is the angle between north direction and the projection of the initial orbit plane onto the launch location.
- In this case the North direction used for reference is the ''map'' North, not the ''local'' North.
- The change in angular velocity is perpendicular to the angular velocity vector, changing its direction but not its magnitude.
- The direction of the angular velocity vector is perpendicular to the plane of rotation, in a direction which is usually specified by the right hand rule.
- The angular momentum vector will be pointing the same direction as your thumb, perpendicular to the plane of rotation.
- If a magnet is magnetized in a certain direction, each spin will fluctuate at any temperature, but the net magnetization will never change.
- Many mammals can move the pinna in order to focus their hearing in a certain direction, in much the same way that they can turn their eyes.
- If the dot product is not 0, you have a value which is related to how far the vectors overlap in a certain direction.
- Angular velocity is the rate of change of orientation, which is not the same as the rate of change of angular distance (direction).
- They found that the fall-time varied depending on the angular velocity and the direction of rotation.
- Angular momentum is also a vector, pointing in the direction of the angular velocity.
- Worse, the creeping of the adjustment knob is in the direction that causes the belt to work its way off the platen.
- Nude (1907-8), of the next 2 years show the extent of his change of direction and prepare the way for the development of Cubism.
- Reverse fold: a way of changing the direction of a flap by folding different layers of the flap in different directions.
- The angle measured at an observer's location in the horizontal plane between an object and the direction to North.
- The device measures not only the direction of force of gravity, but the change in the force of gravity's extent in horizontal plane.
- The direction of is rotated counterclockwise in the horizontal plane.
- Azimuth The horizontal direction from one point on the earth to another, measured clockwise in degrees (0-360) from a north or south reference line.
- An azimuth in aerial navigation is defined as the direction of flight, as taken from the location of the aircraft.
- While azimuth expresses the compass bearing in the direction of interest, the Back Azimuth expresses the compass bearing in exactly the opposite direction.
- When I talk of north, I am referring to the direction to the North Pole of rotation axis of the earth along a meridian.
- The formula implies that the Coriolis acceleration is perpendicular both to the direction of the velocity of the moving mass and to the rotation axis.
- More exactly, it can be defined as a change in direction of the rotation axis in which the second Euler angle (nutation) is constant.
- Circular motion is accelerated even if the angular rate of rotation is constant, because the object's velocity vector is constantly changing direction.
- Circular motion is accelerated even if the speed is constant, because the object's velocity vector is constantly changing direction.
- A car going around a curve at constant speed, however, is changing direction continually, even though it is moving at constant speed.
- The axial tilt in the southern hemisphere is exactly the opposite of the direction in the northern hemisphere.
- Planet Venus has an axial tilt of 177.3° because it is rotating in retrograde direction, opposite to other planets like Earth.
- Most of the planets' moons orbit in the same direction that the planets spin; however, there are a few moons that orbit in a retrograde direction.
- This way of looking at the apparent motions shows why each planet, when nearest to the earth, seems to move for a time in a retrograde direction.
- The satellite was spin stabilized at 2.8 rps, with the direction of the spin axis having a right ascension of 217 deg and a declination of 23 deg.
- If you curl right hand fingers around the spin axis and in the direction of spin, then your thumb points in the direction of torque .
- Hence the spin axis, perpendicular to the plane, keeps pointing in the same direction.
- This is because the cloud can collapse more easily in a direction parallel to the spin axis.
- In the NMR method, a magnetic field is applied to formation which aligns the nuclear spins in a direction parallel to the magnetic field.
- Moving back and forth in the cylinder in a direction parallel to a longitudinal axis 15 of the cylinder is a piston 16.
- The force on a magnetic dipole does not depend directly on the strength or direction of the magnetic field, but only on how these vary with location.
- First, measure the strength and direction of the magnetic field at a large number of points.
- With the proper instrumentation we can determine both the strength and the direction of the magnetic field all across the surface of the Sun.
- Taube JS (1998) Head direction cells and the neurophysiological basis for a sense of direction.
- They also differ from head direction cells since they don't represent a global orientation (like a compass), but the direction towards a specific object.
- It is only after this learning process that disparate visual impressions can activate the same set of place- or head direction cells.
- The valves inside the heart, which control the direction of blood flow, thicken and become stiffer.
- They control the overall direction of individual projects.
- Vince McMahon has final say over all booking and will generally control the overall direction of the product.
- Criss gave the exploration journals a close geographer's reading, gleaning data on the altitude and compass direction of the Sun and North Star.
- The most common circular variables in biology are time of day, time of year, and compass direction.
- Azimuth is the horizontal component of a direction (compass direction), measured around the horizon usually from North toward the East, i.e.
- A building elevation is typically labeled in relation to the compass direction it faces; the direction from which a person views it.
- Using a Mercator map, a navigator can plot a course simply by drawing a line between two points and reading the compass direction from the map.
- For particles with non-zero spin, spin direction (also called spin for short) is an important intrinsic degree of freedom.
- As with the example of the Pauli algebra discussed above, the spin direction is defined by a unit vector in 3 dimensions, (a,b,c).
- The spin direction (also called spin for short) of a particle is an important intrinsic degree of freedom.
- The value of s depends only on the type of particle, and cannot be altered in any known way (in contrast to the spin direction, see below).
- First we choose a spin direction for our electron or positron.
- For Endeavour's docking, the station will be oriented with its long axis in the direction of travel.
- Elongate minerals like hornblende will point with their long axis in the direction of least pressure.
- Each of the long-axis slices is positioned relative to a long axis, rotating about the long axis in a direction of a long-axis frequency encoding vector.
- The swastika is an equilateral cross with arms bent at right angles, all in the same direction, usually the right, or clockwise.
- In this classic version of the effect a voltage builds up in the direction at right angles to both the current and the magnetic field.
- That is, both the E and B fields oscillate in a direction at right angles to the direction that the light is moving, and also at right angles to each other.
- If viewed from above, both Earth and Mars appears to orbit the sun in a counterclockwise direction and are nearly on the same plane.
- Jumps can be rotated in clockwise or counterclockwise direction.
- The net tectonic movements suggest also a rotation of the Turkish portion of the tectonic plate in a counterclockwise direction.
- Others define solar azimuth as the angle from due north in a clockwise direction.
- GPS measurements and other studies show that the Okhotsk Plate is slowly rotating in a clockwise direction.
- The reliefs can be read in chronological order in a clockwise direction from the east: 1) Burning opium in the Opium War in 1840.
- In the 1980's, Shaw again reformed a band, this time under the direction of Dick Johnson, which performed at special concerts.
- Ironically, they had the least influence over the musical direction of the band.
- In 1997, the band broke up due to internal strife over its creative direction.
- Valves within the heart keep the blood flowing in the correct direction.
- The new slope vector is pointed in the correct direction, that is, the same general direction of the old slope.
- Besides I actually found another copy of the same image on the internet with the correct direction of the precession.
- The axons arranged the same general direction give a fibrous appearance, and the direction can be traced in a gross specimen.
- Blazars are AGN with a relativistic jet that is pointing in the general direction of the Earth.
- Movement of the piston 20 in the general direction of arrow 22 causes the crankshaft 28 to rotate in the general direction of arrow 30.
- Originally, many compasses were marked only as to the direction of magnetic north, or to the four cardinal points (north, south, east, west).
- It is the angle from a reference direction, called the origin of longitude, to the direction of the ascending node, measured in a reference plane.
- The reference direction in either case is the direction from the center of the Earth to the vernal equinox (which belongs to both above planes).
- Unless otherwise specified, the reference direction is generally understood to be magnetic North, in which case the term compass bearing is also used.
- If formed in the gravity-field of a planet as the planet is forming, a moon will orbit the planet in the same direction as the planet is rotating.
- This is retrogradation, since the planet seems to be moving in a direction opposite to that which is typical for planets.
- A simple circular orbit, however, could not account for the fact that a planet periodically seems to reverse its direction of motion across the sky.
- Slicing the shuttlecock from the side may cause it to travel in a different direction from the direction suggested by the player's racket or body movement.
- In a gravity assist, a spacecraft swings by a planet and leaves in a different direction, at a different speed.
- Meanwhile, some maturing authors such as Layton, Souster and Louis Dudek, moved in a different direction, adopting colloquial speech in their work.
- It could also be written boustrophedon: starting horizontally in one direction, then turning at the end of the line and reversing direction.
- For the basic variety, unlike for the other trains, reversing direction requires moving the locomotive to the other side.
- The piston comes to a momentary stop at V2 before reversing direction.
- That is, electrons and holes in a material move through and rejoin at a p-n junction when electrically biased in the forward direction.
- For example, the DES decryption operation runs the cipher in a forward direction, while reversing the key schedule.
- Veins have tiny valves that are designed to promote blood flow in a forward direction, back to the heart.
- Radio Direction Finding, or RDF, is the technique of locating the direction to a radio transmission.
- Amateur Radio Direction Finding is an amateur map and compass sport that combines the skills of orienteering and radio direction finding.
- Together with triangulation, radio direction finding can also be used to determine the location of a radio transmission.
- The direction of the curl is the axis of rotation, as determined by the right-hand rule, and the magnitude of the curl is the magnitude of rotation.
- It points along the axis of rotation, and its direction is determined by the right-hand rule.
- The right-hand rule is an easy way to remember the direction and orientation of the angular momentum vector.
- The positive direction of rotation is taken, by convention, to be in the direction towards the y axis from the x axis.
- The coordinate axis along the optic axis is in the direction of passage of light through the lens, this defining the positive direction.
- Vector A has the magnitude of 12 m and is angled 60 degrees counterclockwise from the positive direction of the x axis of an xy plane.
- Your heart valves keep blood flowing in one direction through your heart, just like the one-way valves in your home's plumbing.
- Superficial and perforator veins have one-way valves within them that allow blood to flow only in the direction of the heart when the veins are squeezed.
- Most modern rebreathers have a twin hose mouthpiece or breathing mask where the direction of flow of gas through the loop is controlled by one-way valves.
- Wrong Direction: the direction between cause and effect is reversed.
- Give each loop one more full turn in the direction that will tend to tighten it (the wrong direction will undo the loop completely).
- No current flows across the junction because the holes and the electrons are each moving in the wrong direction.
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Information > Change
- Life > Game > Points > Point
* Clockwise Direction
* Direction Opposite
* Direction Perpendicular
* Direction Vector
* Electric Field
* Magnetic Field
* Opposite Direction
* Particular Direction
* Reverse Direction
* Right Direction
* Specific Direction
* True North
* Unit Vector
* Vector Quantity
Books about "Direction" in