Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Disco"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Disco is a genre of music that originated in discoth--ques.
- Disco was largely succeeded for younger listeners by rap, which had started, by rapping over disco tracks.
- Disco is a genre of music that was first played in dance clubs commonly known as discoth--ques.
- Disco is to funk what a steer is to a bull.
- Disco was also popular among the gay subculture.
- The group most associated with the Disco era was The Bee Gees, whose music for the 1977 Paramount film Saturday Night Fever marked the pinnacle of the era.
- Disco fever reached a peak in South Asia after the release of the Bollywood film Disco Dancer in 1982.
- Disco's popularity peaked between 1976 - 1979, driven in part by films such as 1977 's classic Saturday Night Fever and 1978 's Thank God It's Friday.
- Rick Dees, at the time a radio DJ in Memphis, Tennessee, recorded what is considered to be one of the most popular parodies of all time, Disco Duck.
- The anti-disco movement culminated in the disco demolition riot in Chicago during the summer of 1979.
- After disco became popular, certain urban DJs, particularly those in gay communities, altered the music to make it less pop-oriented.
- Dance Net Radio - Weekly disco mixes with over 16 hours of continuous dance music.
- As any commercial product, of course, disco was exploited by some producers when they took it to banality.
- Going to clubs and dancing to disco music meant putting one---s worries behind.
- As a side effect, disco gave rise to an increased popularity in Line dancing.
- By the year 1989, with the phenomenal explosion of the UK club scene, disco was well and truly back.
- The club also played a wider range of music than just disco.
- As disco clubs filled there was a move to larger venues.
- Unlike its counterparts in America, however, the word "Disko" in German nowadays usually refers to any dance club, and not just ones that include disco.
- Disco returned to the smaller clubs like the Warehouse in Chicago.
- In Germany, a style of Italo disco known as Discofox developed.
- Regrettably, lyrics played a minor role in Italo Disco songs.
- Your songs makes me incredibly happy and I know they have positive influence on all my friends who listen Italo disco as well.
- Spacesynth originated from italo disco.
- The big accomplishment for electro fused to Italo Disco in 1982 would have to be "Bad Passion" by Steel Mind.
- The explanation why disco sucked depended on the role of the criticizer.
- The emergence of the punk and goth scenes contributed to disco's decline.
- Groups such as Kraftwerk and Blondie were played along with the "Disco" songs.
- Elements of disco music appear on records from the early 1970s such as the 1971 theme from the film Shaft by Isaac Hayes.
- Disco music and dancing fads were depicted as not only silly (witness Frank Zappa 's satirical song "Dancin' Fool"), but effeminate.
- Still today, the trademark sound of Boney M is seen as emblematic for late 70's German disco music.
- Italo house is a form of house music popular in Italy in the late 1980s that fuses house and Italo disco.
- Britain founds its House music on the Disco elements of the 70's, so that new trends arrive, bearing the names of Kinky Disco & Neo Disco.
- Manu Dibango 's 1972 " Soul Makossa " is considered one of the first disco records  .
- Oh yeah, there is plenty of Italian Italian disco but some of the biggest Italian Disco records are from Canada.
- Frankie Knuckles, who opened The Warehouse, mixed old disco classics and new Eurobeat pop.
- The resident DJ at The Warehouse, Frankie Knuckles mixed classic disco, European synthpop, new wave, industrial and punk recordings.
- RAFF's "Self Control" started it, which of course was originally an Italian disco record, and Laura Branigan covered it.
- DiscoDisco.com - Record labels, remixers, clubs, producers and audio clips for popular and rare disco music of the '70s and '80s.
- Discomagic, Lombardoni, IL Discotto and many other record labels were born from the main Disco music importers out of sheer economic necessity.
- Its renewed popularity is inspiring re-releases and new mixes on many of the record labels that initially released Italo Disco.
- Lyrics in Italo Disco were often just outright gibberish.
- Record sales were often dependent on, though not guaranteed by, panic at the disco - i write sins floor play in clubs.
- The term Euro disco developed into Eurodance.
- Christopher's played prerecorded non-stop continuous Italo and euro disco music.
- In 1982 Euro disco began to develop in Italy by groups like Gazebo, Kano and Lectric Workers.
- Dance and Discoitalo disco and euro dance music, mixes, dvds and more Chicago Dance and Music Alliance Disc Jockey Service.
- This early form of electronic dance music is unofficially called "space disco" due to its odd sounds and sci-fi stylings.
- Electronic Dance music or House Music had now emerged as its own genre, and this became the new "disco", even though it was not addressed as such.
- Most recently, Madonna has used disco themes in her latest album, Confessions on a Dance Floor (2005).
- MW: Compare the sounds on the dance floor of 1979 with those at disco's roots during the French resistance, and there appears to be little in common.
- Dj lorenzo papiko jumps between dubstep, crunk, dirty baile funk, obscure italo disco and the most crazy basslines, four to the floor, UK garage ever.
- This is a very distinctive feature of Eurodance that separates it from Hi-NRG disco.
- Italian-produced Eurodance artists, such as Alexia and Double You, show a strong Italo-Disco influence.
- The first 10 volumes of Super Eurobeat are mostly italo-disco, which is quite different from the modern eurobeat.
- The term Eurobeat also used in Japan (around 1987) to describe all Italo Disco and Eurobeat imports.
- The event involved exploding disco records, and ended in a near-riot.
- The event involved exploding disco records, and ended in a riot with riot police making numerous arrests.
- En 1983 desde Italia se creo un nuevo estilo: el Italo-Disco, tambi-n conocido como Spaghetti.
- Junto a "Sound of C", de Confetti-s, el tema de Amnesia, "Ibiza", se convirti- en el disco por excelencia de 1989, el a-o del New Beat.
- Este nuevo estilo ten-a sus ra-ces en el sonido Disco y tom- su nombre en Chicago.
- Additionally, the 808 drum machines pounding beats and pure sounds were heavily used in Rap, Disco and Funk music.
- In New York, DJs like Kool Herc played records of popular funk, disco and rock songs.
- Also see Disco Circus by Martin Circus, 15 minutes of french funk.
- According to Gloria Gaynor and others in the industry, the music industry was behind the destruction of Disco because Rock music producers were losing money.
- Gloria Gaynor released the first disco mix album, a remake of The Jackson 5 's "Smack That" a year earlier in 1974 and other great hits.
- Many non-disco artists recorded disco songs at the height of its popularity, most often due to demand from the record companies who needed a surefire hit.
- Many other European artists also recorded disco music; in Germany, Frank Farian formed a disco band by the name Boney M around 1975.
- Several clubs like Amnesia with DJ Alfredo were playing a mix of rock, pop, disco and house.
- S'Express 's "Theme from S'Express" (1988)is an example of a disco -influenced, funky acid house tune.
- French house, Italian house, Disco house, Latin house and many other types of house have all contributed greatly to what is today known as Funky house.
- In the mid nineties I started to seek out the origins of house and techno music and (re)-discovered disco.
- The influences about my dj sets comes from many directions: electro, disco, space disco, techno, Chicago house.
- This catchy name, decorated in the colors of Italo disco music with a large and loyal base of fans.
- An outgrowth of disco, Dance-Pop featured a pounding club beat framing simple, catchy melodies closer to fully-formed songs than pure dance music.
- Anthems, downloads, lyrics, tributes, radio stations, and links of the '70s and '80s disco era.
- Beats per minute became common terminology in popular music during the disco era because of its usefulness to DJs, and remain important in dance music.
- HUSTLE or SWING HUSTLE - A fast but smooth-moving dance which originated in the nightclubs of the 1970s disco era, as a modified version of swing.
- Giorgio Moroder 's hit singles such as "From Here to Eternity" (1977) introduced electro-disco music for audiences.
- To develop successful hit singles, some argued that the record industry developed "handbag house": throwaway pop songs with a retro disco beat.
- In 1975, disco broke further into the mainstream with hits such as Van McCoy 's " The Hustle ", Donna Summer 's "I Wanna Love You" reaching audiences.
- Laserdance and its creator Michel Van der Kuy, and Rofo and his mega hit "Flashlight on a disco night" are the two best representatives of this genre.
- Now, I can experience again the great music that spun from the Italo Disco scene and search on line for the Artist bio and another hard to find Disco hits.
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Time > Day > Night
- Society > Culture > Arts > Music
- Society > Culture > Arts > Dance
- Society > Culture > Entertainment > Nightlife
- Glossaries > Glossary of Musical Genres /
Books about "Disco" in