Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Doctorate"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- A doctorate is an academic degree or professional degree that in most countries represents the highest level of formal study or research in a provided field.
- His doctorate was undertaken at the University of Berlin where he developed an interest in the philosophy of science and encountered Gestalt psychology.
- His doctorate was awarded at the University of Göttingen under the supervision of David Hilbert whom he greatly admired.
- The doctorate is not the developmental milestone in academia that it used to be.
- His first doctorate is a Doctor of Philosophy degree (PhD) in Economic Sociology (2003).
- This work was the basis of her doctorate in physical chemistry, which she earned from Cambridge University in 1945.
- Saint Raymond of Penafort, (1175 – 1275), was a Spanish canonist who studied canon law and received his doctorate at Bologna.
- He received his doctorate in theology in 1836 and doctorates of civil and Canon Law in Rome also.
- In 1941, Luciani began to seek a doctorate in theology from the Pontifical Gregorian University, which required at least one year's attendance in Rome.
- Sigurd Ibsen got his doctorate in law in Rome in 1882 and was married to Bjørnstjerne Bjørnson's daughter Bergliot.
- Ross (Lib.) - Born in Middlesex County, Ontario in 1841, George Ross was an educator who later became a lawyer, receiving a doctorate in law in 1886.
- While there she studied under Elliot Carter and Roger Sessions and in 1970 was the first woman to receive a doctorate in composition from the school.
- Wangari Maathai is the founder of the Green Belt Movement and the first woman to earn a doctorate in biology in East Africa.
- Edward Teller received his doctorate by studying under Heisenberg (Powers, vii).
- He remained at Mines to pursue his doctorate degree in geophysics and is currently studying the electromagnetic properties of Mars under Dr. Gary Olhoeft.
- In 1917, working on a doctorate in philosophy, Will Durant wrote his first book, Philosophy and the Social Problem.
- He obtained his doctorate in low-temperature physics in Berlin, working with Professor Franz Simon.
- Silverthorne, who is working on her doctorate in educational leadership, is writing her dissertation on adult students of tribal languages.
- In 1853 he earned his doctorate at Halle, and from 1854 until 1862 was an assistant to Albrecht von Graefe in Berlin.
- After earning his doctorate, he was an assistant for several years to pathologist Ludwig Aschoff (1866-1942) in Freiburg.
- After the award of his doctorate, Schwarzschild was appointed as an assistant at the Von Kuffner Observatory in Ottakring which is a suburb of Vienna.
- Ahmad the scholar got a full ride to Stanford and dreams of earning a doctorate.
- Naomi Boness, who recently earned a doctorate in geophysics at Stanford, and John Solum, a postdoctoral fellow at USGS, will preside over both sessions.
- Immediately after receiving his doctorate, Poincaré was appointed to teach mathematical analysis at the University of Caen.
- Herbrand finished his doctorate at École Normale Supérieure in Paris under Ernest Vessiot in 1929.
- He received he doctorate in 1904 from the University of Paris where he studied under Joseph Babinski (1857-1932) and Pierre Marie (1853-1940).
- Alfred Wilhelm Volkmann studied in Leipzig from 1821 and obtained his doctorate in 1826, subsequently making scientific journeys to London and Paris.
- Sometime prior to obtaining his doctorate, Althusius also studied at Geneva with Denis Godefroy, the renowned textual scholar of Roman law.
- His doctorate, from the University of Pennsylvania, is in Psychology.
- He was sidetracked at Harvard, however, where he earned his doctorate in psychology with William James in 1878.
- The first doctorate in psychology is given to Joseph Jastrow, a student of G. Stanley Hall at Johns Hopkins University.
- He holds the first double doctorate awarded from the New England Conservatory in Boston in wind ensemble conducting and cello performance.
- Laliberté has been a teacher and member of the Quebec delegation at the University of Massachusetts, where he previously received a doctorate in economics.
- After earning his first doctorate, he served from 1952 to 1955 as the pastor of Harvard Street Lutheran Church in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- There is a foreward by Bill Cosby, who has a doctorate in education from U of Massachusetts, and letters by such notables as Asa Hilliard, John Goodlad, Sen.
- The society recognizes academic excellence of undergraduate, graduate students of criminal justice, as well as juris doctorate.
- A doctorate in Criminal Justice, Criminology, or a related field is preferred.
- After the award of his doctorate, Griffiths returned to Berkeley where he was Miller fellow at the University of California during the two years 1962-64.
- He was in the Department of Chemistry, first as a student of Adolf von Baeyer -- he received his doctorate in 1894 - then as a faculty member.
- Cartan became a student at the École Normale Supérieure in 1888 and obtained his doctorate in 1894.
- He received his doctorate in 1939 from Yale, where he was a student of the renowned linguist and anthropologist Edward Sapir.
- In 1245 he went to Paris, received his doctorate and taught for some time as a master of theology with great success.
- After the doctorate or a grande école, scholars who wish to enter academia may apply for a position of maître de conférences ("master of conferences").
- Dr. Hagee also has a masters and a doctorate in History from the University of North Texas.
- Since then, she has not only produced outstanding wines, but also completed a Masters at the University of Giessen and is currently working on a doctorate.
- The operant conditioning chamber was created by B. F. Skinner while he was a graduate student at Harvard University (Masters in 1930 and doctorate in 1931).
- After finishing this course, and completing this book, I am now considering pursuing a masters or doctorate in sociology with a focus on class studies.
- He returned to religious studies at Hebron University and is now close to completing his doctorate.
- Bohr was an undergraduate at Trinity College, Cambridge and then received his doctorate from Copenhagen University in 1911 under Christian Christiansen.
- Bohr received his Master's degree from the University of Copenhagen in 1909 and his doctorate in 1911 with a thesis Studies on the electron theory of metals.
- Many sociologists who do have children do so before their tenure reviews, with the largest group having a first child 3-4 years after earning a doctorate.
- Dr. Krisberg received his master's degree in criminology and a doctorate in sociology, both from the University of Pennsylvania.
- A doctorate in Criminology, Sociology, or a related field is preferred.
- The American Sociological Association provides funding opportunities to graduate students of sociology and sociologists with a doctorate degree.
- During this time, he hired Cecilia Payne-Gaposchkin, who became the first person to earn a doctorate at Harvard University in the field of astronomy.
- After studying Physics at the University of Lausanne Mayor obtained his doctorate in Astronomy at the Geneva Observatory in 1971.
- He studied astronomy at Princeton University, obtaining his B.A. in 1897 and his doctorate in 1899, studying under Charles Augustus Young.
- Born in Rome, Italy, Guidoni earned a doctorate in astrophysics from the University of Rome in 1978 and worked in Italy's space program.
- In 1986, the New England Conservatory awarded Miles Davis an Honorary Doctorate for his extraordinary contributions to music.
- He studied voice, piano and composition at the Curtis Institute of Music and received an honorary doctorate from Curtis in 1977.
- In 1984 the Manhattan School of Music, where she studied with John Corigliano, granted her its first doctorate in composition.
- An unpaid lectureship at the University of Vienna led to a full professorship and later a doctorate in honoris causa.
- He studied mathematics at the University of Vienna and obtained his doctorate in 1923.
- In 1895 he earned his medical doctorate at the University of Vienna, and afterwards worked at the psychiatric clinic of Julius Wagner-Jauregg (1857-1940).
- Pastor Raheb earned his masters and doctorate degrees at the University of Marburg.
- Master's and doctorate degrees in mathematical statistics from the University of Toronto.
- Undergraduate, masters and doctorate degrees are conferred in the field of social ecology.
- Nina L Paul, PhD (New York, NY) earned her doctorate in infectious disease epidemiology and immunology from Yale University.
- He graduated from Harvard University in 1996 and received his doctorate from Princeton in 2001, working under Andrew Wiles.
- Awarded a master's degree in 1954, Gene Shoemaker received his doctorate from Princeton in 1960 with a thesis on Meteor Crater.
- He received his doctorate from Princeton in 1942 but before this time the United States had entered World War II.
- Christian Bohr was awarded a doctorate in physiology from the University of Copenhagen in 1880 and in 1881 he became a Privatdozent at the university.
- Emil Abderhalden studied medicine at the University of Basel and received his doctorate in 1902.
- Eduard Albert studied medicine at the University of Vienna, where he earned his doctorate in 1867.
- He studied medicine at St. Thomas Hospital in London, and after receiving his doctorate in 1891, he remained at St. Thomas, working under Edward Nettleship.
- Harp earned a master of divinity degree from Candler and a doctorate of divinity from McCormick Theological Seminary at the University of Chicago.
- Gutzlaff's school to another missionary school, where he came to meet a minister called Samuel Robbins Brown, who held his doctorate in divinity from Yale.
- The pastor holds doctorate degrees in Psychology and Divinity.
- The first doctorate degree was awarded for industrial engineering in the 1930s by Cornell University.
- Mr. Griffin is a graduate of the Eastman School of Music and earned a doctorate at The Juilliard School.
- Forsythe is an Honorary Fellow at the Laban Centre for Movement and Dance in London and holds an honorary doctorate from the Juilliard School in New York.
- But from age 11 her real passion was conducting, which she pursued through a doctorate at the Juilliard School.
- Born in 1925 in New York, Burton Watson was educated at Columbia University, and received his doctorate in 1956.
- He received his doctorate under Franz Boas at Columbia University in 1901, basing his dissertation on his field work among the Arapaho.
- In 1967, he received a doctorate in paleontology from Columbia University and went on to teach at Harvard, where he would spend the rest of his career.
- G.yang-can, a young chemistry teacher who graduated the University of Tibet, is the first Tibetan to study for a doctorate in the United States.
- The Gexe Lharampa is similar to a doctorate in religious studies and is bestowed on people who have made the study of Buddhism a life-long pursuit.
- He received his bachelor's degree from Brigham Young University and juris doctorate from Duke University.
- He studied theoretical physics with Hans Bethe at Cornell University, obtaining his doctorate in 1951.
- In 1930 she took her doctorate in theoretical physics under the direction of Nobel Prize Winners Max Born, James Franck, and Adolf Windaus.
- In 1904, Ehrenfest received his doctorate in theoretical physics in Vienna and married the Russian mathematician Tatyana Alexeyevna Afanassyewa.
- In 1938 Hsu, while still undertaking research for his doctorate, too up a position as lecturer in Egon Pearson 's Department.
- Wigner, in Wheeler's absence, advised Feynman to write up his thesis and after Wheeler and Wigner examined the work he received his doctorate in June 1942.
- He continued to work for ICI while at the same time working towards his doctorate at University College, supervised by Egon Pearson.
- In 1897 he received his doctorate from Kiel, and in 1899 went to work at the policlinic of Emanuel Mendel (1839-1907) in Berlin.
- Voevodsky moved to Harvard University in the United States where he completed his doctorate supervised by David Kazhdan.
- He has a masters degree in restorative dentistry and a doctorate in education and psychology.
- Cosby was awarded a doctorate in education from the University of Massachusetts in 1977 and was inducted into the Television Hall of Fame in 1984.
- The Doctorate of Philosophy is a research degree in Education.
- Information > Knowledge > Education > University
- Thought > Belief > Religion > Theology
- Settlements > Cities > Capitals > Berlin
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Information > Science > Physics
* Buddhist Philosophy
* Charles Hermite
* Clinical Psychology
* Colgate University
* Complete Survey
* Doctorate Degree
* Doctorate Degrees
* Graduate Degrees
* Harvard University
* Highest Degree
* Honorary Doctorate
* Honorary Doctorates
* Indiana University
* London School
* Massachusetts Institute
* Masters Degree
* Michigan State University
* Oxford University
* Political Science
* Undergraduate Degree
* Vanderbilt University
* Warsaw University
* York University
Books about "Doctorate" in