Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Evangelicals"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Evangelicals are Christians who define themselves, their faith, and their lives according to the Good News of Jesus of Nazareth.
- Evangelicals were in the spotlight again, but this time they were out of touch and feckless.
- Evangelicals are thought to make up about a quarter of the electorate.
- Evangelicals are committed to spreading the word of God, but how they do so has been moulded by American culture as well.
- Evangelicals (especially Presbyterians and Congregationalists) were the backbone of the movement in many areas.
- Leith Anderson to ask for a meeting recently, the president of the National Association of Evangelicals said he had a bigger priority that day.
- Among the Protestant churches and preachers that have approved the charismatic movement are Reformed churches and influential evangelicals.
- Haggard was also listed by Time magazine as one of the 25 most influential Evangelicals in America last year.
- LARRY KING, HOST: Tonight, "Time" magazine calls them America's most influential evangelicals.
- Canadian evangelicals, as a group, tend to be more moderate than their American cousins.
- The support of Canadian evangelicals for right wing parties comes as no surprise to political scientist David Laycock.
- Harper's beliefs on religious freedom have been particularly pleasing to Canadian evangelicals.
- In addition to his work at the seminary, Dr. Horton is the President and Chairman of the Council of the Alliance of Confessing Evangelicals.
- Later in 1996, these men joined forces by merging their respective organizations into The Alliance of Confessing Evangelicals.
- Along these lines, I've got one more link to an item from the Alliance of Confessing Evangelicals.
- Evangelicals, particularly younger evangelicals, are undergoing a shift in attitudes.
- The Evangelical Left is a movement among younger evangelicals of the past twenty-five years.
- Claiborne says the movement of younger evangelicals is growing and looking at the Bible in more holistic terms.
- Young Evangelicals are also pushing the community more toward the center with their concerns for social justice and environmental issues.
- More important, Palin has problematic stances on many of the issues that do motivate young Evangelicals.
- This story, it seems to me, illuminates the main issue facing young evangelicals.
- Virtually all modern evangelicals and fundamentalists emphatically reject the biblical doctrine of unconditional election.
- I particularly deplore how the media has declared that all Christian evangelicals are conservative and that no liberal can be Christian.
- The forgotten truth is that not all Christian evangelicals are conservatives or Bush supporters.
- American evangelicals, who constitute 26 per cent of the population, gave President George W. Bush 40 per cent of his votes in the last election.
- Contrary to popular assumptions, not all American evangelicals attend mega-churches.
- American evangelicals were often leery of new media, especially those that provided "worldly entertainment," such as the stage and, later, film.
- IN the past several years, American evangelicals, and I am one of them, have amassed greater political power than at any time in our history.
- He also worked for a time as a research associate for the National Association of Evangelicals.
- At the same time, British evangelicals hardly gave a thought about end-times fears.
- Evangelicals should be equally candid in asserting that any church defined by the claims of the papacy is no true church.
- So well regarded is the Papacy today that the acceptance of her extends even to Evangelicals, most of whom have ceased to question her doctrine.
- The National Association of Evangelicals is a group that is 30-million strong with over 50 years of history.
- For years, Evangelicals distanced themselves from this institutional ecumenism because of the unsound theology of the groups involved.
- In this connection we warmly commend and encourage the formal theological dialogues of recent years between Roman Catholics and Evangelicals.
- Also in the spotlight is the growing split in the Jewish community over relations with conservative Christian evangelicals.
- This perspective is commonly associated with Baptists and many other Evangelicals.
- National Association of Evangelicals (United States) World Evangelical Alliance has a list of evangelical organizations from many nations.
- Evangelicals in the United States should watch this controversy with both interest and concern.
- Members of Evangelicals Concerned, founded in 1975 by a therapist from New York, Ralph Blair, worship in cities including Denver, New York and Seattle.
- We also earnestly call back erring professing evangelicals who have deviated from God's Word in the matters discussed in this Declaration.
- Evangelicals denounce all other Christ-rejecting beliefs but are hesitaant to do so with Judaism as a belief system (not Jews as persons).
- The secular conservatives purport to uphold morality, which appeals to evangelicals.
- As South Carolina's Republican primary election draws nearer, Mike Huckabee has ratcheted up his appeals to the racial nationalism of white evangelicals.
- Some Evangelicals hold that the Bible confirms its own authority, pointing out that Jesus frequently quotes scripture as his final "court of appeal".
- The appeal to evangelicals went further.
- Many evangelicals have little practical interest in politics.
- This April 2004 survey offers the views of evangelicals on society, culture, and politics.
- British author Dave Tomlinson characterizes post-evangelicalism as a movement various trends of dissatisfaction among evangelicals.
- That more and more evangelicals have set out upon it is reason for hope for the future of gospel Christianity.
- The board of the NAE rejected Dobson's power play, for the same reason many evangelicals will reject his telling them how to vote this year.
- Reason has come to reign over revelation even for evangelicals.
- The New Evangelicalism was conceived if not born with the formation of the National Association of Evangelicals in 1942.
- Evangelicalism has gained in visibility and news worthiness during recent years, and the reason is clear: Evangelicals have returned to the offensive.
- They charged the modernists with having lost their identity as Evangelicals and the Fundamentalists with having lost the Christ-like heart of Evangelicalism.
- Closely associated with the Clapham residents were a number of other prominent evangelicals.
- Among American evangelicals, Brethren have had an influence out of proportion to their number.
- Evangelicals have levelled a number of criticisms of Charismatic worship.
- Evangelicals weren't simply marginal "kooks," it seemed; they were voters with political muscle whose policies threatened the separation of church and state.
- Commentators and historians have described four distinctive characteristics of evangelicals (Bebbington): An emphasis on the conversion experience.
- Because the great commission of evangelicals is to bring the "good news" to others, the matter of drawing power is crucial.
- The one that's being handled well is about the Democratic Party and Barack Obama's outreach efforts to white evangelicals and Catholics.
- Seeing evangelicals aligned with political opponents like the Sierra Club, which is closely tied to the Democratic Party, is what worries Fischer.
- Conservative evangelicals have become a key support base for the Republican Party.
- Never have conservative evangelicals positioned themselves as staunch advocates for women's leadership in political life — until Sarah Palin.
- Among conservative evangelicals, Pinnock admits his views are provocative.
- Headway was formed about 20 years ago when the Methodist Revival Fellowship and Conservative Evangelicals in Methodism merged.
- Methodism is spread throughout Sri Lanka there are 45 circuits, 200 churches and with 120 reverends, local worker and Evangelicals.
- Responding to the need for a positive, pro-active expression of unity, the National Association of Evangelicals was formed in 1942.
- Sadly, many Evangelicals seem to be unaware of this difference and the importance of it, which makes this book all the more important.
- Brog: I want Jews to read my book so that they will get over their fears of evangelicals and embrace our friends.
- The first part of the book outlines very well areas of agreement between Catholics and Evangelicals.
- It's time for modern evangelicals to trade words for deeds and get similarly involved, Warren contends.
- Warren also told the reporter that many evangelicals are tired of the "combativeness" associated with the religious right.
- The deep truth is that the elites in the Republican Party have pure contempt for the evangelicals who put their party in power.
- Evangelicals, once at the periphery of American life, now wield power in the White House and on Wall Street, at Harvard and in Hollywood.
- I'm spending almost all my time with the next generation of evangelicals.
- In the previous generation, 25 percent of young people had positive associations toward evangelicals.
- There may be thousands of "younger evangelicals," as Webber defines the term, out there, but remember that our generation is MILLIONS big.
- With the arrival of Preston Manning and the Reform Party in the late 1980s, evangelicals had a new option.
- Catholics should laugh at evangelicals for what a mess we have made of ourselves since the Reformation.
- Apparently, contemporary evangelicals have forgotten that sola scriptura (scripture alone) was the formal principle of the Reformation.
- This call for fundamentalists and evangelicals to take political power was a radical and ominous mutation of traditional Christianity.
- We call on all true Evangelicals to stand with us.
- Evangelicals would argue strongly that if God sees an unborn fetus as a human being, then any termination would result in the death of a human being.
- This is one area where the vast majority of evangelicals would agree that termination is the only option.
- Brog: Evangelicals who support Israel most certainly do want to convert people.
- He is also president of the National Association of Evangelicals, an organization that represents millions of people.
- Some people reject the claim by some evangelicals that anyone who does not share their denomination's interpretation of the Bible should be evangelized.
- Though Melton professes to be an Evangelical Christian, many Evangelicals do not consider his views on cults and other religions as representative.
- The Protestant Churches were declining, but Evangelicals were in confident mood, though they bristled when they were confused with cults.
- In the exercise of these public responsibilities there has been in recent years a growing convergence and cooperation between Evangelicals and Catholics.
- Many evangelicals assume that neoliberal economic policies are actually part of the Christian faith.
- Luther's fury when his expectation was not met led to a more anti-Semitic approach on his part; that is unlikely to happen with contemporary evangelicals.
- Indeed, this caused distress for some groups of evangelicals who even flagged the possibility of leaving the Anglican Communion if things went much further.
- Christianity > Christians > Catholics > Roman Catholics
- Belief > Religion > Christianity > Christians
- Belief > Religion > Christianity > Bible
- People > Age > People > Conservatives
* Biblical Inerrancy
* Billy Graham
* Christian Reconstructionism
* Christian Right
* Dominion Theology
* Francis Schaeffer
* Global Warming
* Human Reason
* Jerry Falwell
* Jim Wallis
* John Stott
* Mainline Protestants
* National Association
* Pat Robertson
* Protestant Traditions
* Rallying Point
* Religious Right
* Rick Warren
* Roman Catholics
* Socially Conservative
* Social Action
* Tony Campolo
* World Methodist Council
Books about "Evangelicals" in