Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Evangelist"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Mark the Evangelist (1st century) is traditionally believed to be the author of the Gospel of Mark, drawing much of his material from Peter.
- An Internet evangelist is a person who uses the Internet to present a religious viewpoint such as Christianity to the world.
- St John the Evangelist was the first of Redhill's parish churches and the parish originally stretched from Gatton in the north to Sidlow in the south.
- For her part, Hahn claimed publicly that not only did Jim Bakker had intercourse with her but also another evangelist, John Wesley Fletcher.
- Ray Comfort, (1949-) minister and evangelist.
- In reality Jeff Suppan is a leading evangelist for the Church of Mediocrity.
- Reuben Archer Torrey (1856-1928) was both an evangelist and a Bible scholar.
- No man in modern times, up to the time of Billy Graham, ever spoke to larger crowds than did this great evangelist.
- Now you can read and understand the sermons of John Wesley, a great evangelist of the 1700's.
- Evangelist Luis Palau: Known as "the Billy Graham of South America, " Palau broadcasts in 95 counties and over nearly 500 stations.
- Charles Grandison Finney (1792-1875), American theologian and educator, was a famous evangelist who brought frontier religion to the urbanized East.
- We know a great deal how the Satanists took Billy Graham, the brush salesman and made him into the famous evangelist that he has become.
- Until Billy Graham, no American evangelist preached to so many millions, or saw as many conversionsan estimated 300,000.
- Luis Palau is a Christian evangelist in the mold of Billy Graham.
- John Chapman is a well-known preacher, Bible teacher and evangelist associated with the Sydney Anglican church.
- Each year, he conducts at least five Graham Festivals around the world as an evangelist associated with the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association.
- She was a great evangelist and joined hands gladly and gaily with all the saints of that age in spreading the Gospel.
- But for evangelist Steve Hill it's not the revival that's the point anyway.
- Patrick, the Christian Evangelist, being about 30 years old and together with some brothers in the Lord, set out for Ireland.
- Evangelist Luis Palau had a busy year, drawing over 300,000 to rallies in Nicaragua, and over 100,000 to events in Idaho.
- William Aberhart, a Baptist pastor and evangelist in Calgary, was attracted to social credit theory while Alberta was in the depths of the Great Depression.
- A high school principal and radio evangelist, William Aberhart, was introduced to his theory through a fellow teacher, Charles Scarborough.
- Jessica Hahn first achieved notoriety as the rape victim of Jim Bakker (a TV Evangelist, who was jailed for financial irregularities in his ministry).
- January 4, 1943), better known as Brother Jed, or Jed Smock, is an American evangelist whose ministry is concentrated on college campuses.
- The ministry of evangelist Billy Graham also aided the rise of the new evangelicalism, since he was one of its chief spokesmen.
- Mel Graham, the nephew of evangelist Billy Graham, is planning a new town in an undeveloped area of Chester County, South Carolina.
- The famous Black book of Carmarthen, written around 1250AD, is associated with the town's Priory of St. John the Evangelist and Teulyddog.
- The famous Black Book of Carmarthen, written around 1250, is associated with the town's Priory of St John the Evangelist and Teulyddog.
- He briefly toured with an evangelist in his teens, playing the church organ, and in his late teens he began to find work playing jazz.
- Basilica of St. John the Evangelist, built by the Normans and destroyed in 1693.
- Emphasis on teaching about the nine gifts of the Spirit originated from Howard Carter, an early Pentecostal evangelist.
- British missionary, administrator, and evangelist in China.
- It was written by the Macedonian Greek Christian physician and historian, Luke the Evangelist, the companion of the apostle Paul, in the first century A.D.
- The great apostle, instructing a young minister to do the work of an evangelist, tells him that doctrine is the first purpose of Scripture.
- Reuben Archer Torrey is a classic example, for he was renown as an educator, a pastor, a world evangelist and an author.
- Robert Scoble (born January 18, 1965) is an American blogger, technical evangelist, and author.
- Television evangelist for Benny Hinn Ministries who can be seen on TBN and author of the bestselling "Good Morning, Holy Spirit".
- Halfway between Hora and Skala (the island's port) there is the "Grotto of the Apocalypse", where the Revelation was written by John the Evangelist.
- Mr. Yousef has some of the evangelist in him, even as he insists he is not a particularly devoted Christian and is still learning about his new religion.
- The daughter of an evangelist, she encounters new secrets and scandals in the dark side of Christian Fundamentalism.
- The revival transformed Goforth's life and ministry; from then on he was primarily an evangelist and revivalist, not a settled missionary.
- Daniel T. Bourdeau was an evangelist and missionary, and brother of A. C. Bourdeau.
- The evangelist often tells us that Jesus is "in public," either in the synagogue, on the streets, traveling to another town, teaching in the temple, etc.
- One television evangelist has even gone so far as to admit that a certain holiday is pagan in origin, yet he claims it for Jesus just the same.
- The identity of Matthew the Evangelist is complex for a number of reasons.
- William Boyd is a Pentecostal evangelist and his wife is a singer who performs during his services.
- Thelonious Monk grew up in New York, started playing piano when he was around five, and had his first job touring as an accompanist to an evangelist.
- William Ashley "Billy" Sunday (November 19, 1862 - November 6, 1935) was noted first as a professional baseball player, and then more famous evangelist.
- Phoebe Palmer (December 17, 1807 – November 2, 1874) was an evangelist and writer who promoted the doctrine of Christian perfection.
- Ron Hamilton, singer, songwriter, voice actor, and evangelist, more widely known by his nickname "Patch the Pirate".
- Ron Hamilton (born 1950) is a Christian evangelist, singer, and voice actor.
- Thus, Graham became an accepted, anointed evangelist along with Bill Bright and Richard Halverson, all members of the Fellowship of the Burning Heart.
- John the Baptist and John the Evangelist at Ratisbon, with 7 members.
- Pope Lucius II dedicated the Lateran Palace and basilica to Saint John the Evangelist in the 12th century.
- Luis Palau is a Christian evangelist and founder of the Luis Palau Association.
- Charles Templeton, the one-time pastor and evangelist, who's now an agnostic said to Lee Strobel, "I couldn't hold someone's hand to a fire for a moment.
- In the 1950s, a famous evangelist named Charles Templeton received wide media attention across America.
- Graham, the son of legendary evangelist Billy Graham, has been less diplomatic about Islam than his father has been.
- I was a Baptist preacher, Bible teacher, and evangelist for 15 years before converting to the Catholic Church in 1992.
- James Robinson Graves was a Baptist preacher, publisher, evangelist, debater, author, and editor.
- He excelled the speaking ability of "golden voiced" William Jennings Bryan or, later, the evangelist who was to become legendary, Billy Sunday.
- Speaking of evangelism and controversy, evangelist Franklin Graham made headlines in November for making negative remarks about Islam.
- Franklin Graham, to discuss remarks that Mr. Graham, an evangelist, made describing Islam as evil.
- Since 1989, Franklin Graham has held an average of seven Festivals each year as an evangelist for the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association.
- In 1918 an evangelist named Aimee Semple McPherson settled her traveling ministry in Los Angeles.
- Aimee Semple McPherson (1890-1944), American evangelist, symbolized important attributes of American popular religion in the 1920s and 1930s.
- Belief > Religion > Christianity > Billy Graham
- Age > People > Men > Luke
- Culture > Languages > Language > Gospel
* Billy Graham
* Evangelist Billy Graham
* Jerry Falwell
* John Wesley
* Saint Mark
Books about "Evangelist" in