Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Extranet"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- Extranet is a term referring to the use of the Internet to securely share information with suppliers, branches, customers, or others of its choice.
- Extranet is a part of a widely available computer network (Internet for example) separated and secured against unauthorized access.
- Extranet is a Linux server and I am root on that server.
- Extranet is a new buzzword that refers to an intranet that is partially accessible to authorized outsiders.
- Extranet is a private service network of several cooperating organizations located inside or outside the corporate firewall.
- Create highly scalable, dynamic content, multi-tier applications for internet, intranet, and extranet deployment.
- Providing Internet, Intranet and Extranet development for small businesses.
- The Central Services Extranet provides connectivity between spoke VPN sites through a central PE router.
- Using an extranet can help companies save money by allowing customers to find information themselves, without having to call and talk to a person.
- Performance of an application also may be more political because an extranet is aimed at those who are most important to a company's livelihood.
- The Box on the Extranet is a Linux server and I am root on that server.
- The difference can be somewhat blurred but generally an extranet implies real-time access through a firewall of some kind.
- The operation, maintenance, and security of the Extranet and Intranet lie with the Campus Information Systems Operations Committee.
- An extranet requires security and privacy.
- Authentication, privacy, and performance are critical on an extranet.
- If a company's business partners are not already heavily using e-mail and Web technologies, an extranet may not be the right service for them.
- When selective access is provided to entities outside the organization and intranet becomes an extranet.
- People are often confused by the difference between an intranet, an extranet and the Internet.
- He notes that the extranet will reduce people, equipment and management costs associated with the dial-up environment and improve service.
- An extranet is only available to people inside and certain people outside an organization, as determined by the organization.
- Students and Staff can access the extranet from within the college grounds with a high speed connection and from home via the World Wide Web.
- However, an extranet does require extensive security and may need special software to provide user authentication and to encrypt data.
- This PE router carries routes for all members of the extranet whereas spoke PE routers carry only local routes, and a route to the central PE router.
- Inter-Networking (Switzerland) AG - Specializing in integrated communication and security solutions for the intranet, remote access, and extranet.
- Inform Link - Specializing in design, database integration, application development, hosting, search engine optimisation, Extranet and Intranet solutions.
- You can access an extranet only if you have a valid username and password, and your identity determines which parts of the extranet you can view.
- But most important, an extranet is such a logical, low-cost way of conducting business that it's likely to become part of your future, as well.
- Extranet Design and Construction - Provider of web based business solutions offers intranet and extranet development.
- Intelligent Decisions - Providing Internet, Intranet and Extranet design, promotion, e-commerce solutions, network solutions and information security.
- Offering Internet, Intranet and Extranet design, e-commerce solutions, CMS implementation and maintenance.
- An extranet enables access to your applications and information via a secure distributed channel.
- The Extranet is less secure than intranet because there are greater channels and the information can possibly lead to the wrong hands.
- Specifically, an extranet is a private web site that provides a secure environment for a select group of users to share documents and information.
- An extranet can be viewed as part of a company's intranet that is made accessible to other companies or that is a collaboration with other companies.
- This standards-based solution enables companies to run their own UDDI directory for intranet or extranet use.
- This extranet is popular with two groups of companies.
- As a first step, VeriSign recommends securing all of the servers within your Intranet and Extranet with Server IDs and the SSL protocol.
- VeriSign offers a range of solutions that meet the needs of organizations wishing to secure their Intranet and Extranet applications.
- Users can overlay subnetworks freely on a single physical network for creating intranet and extranet.
- To deploy an intranet or an extranet, you need: A Web server connected directly or indirectly to your computer network.
- Definition: An extranet is a computer network that allows controlled access from the outside for specific business or educational purposes.
- When part of an intranet is made accessible to suppliers, customers or others outside the organization, that part becomes an extranet.
- In time, companies may be forced to use an extranet with their suppliers and customers.
- It can also be used as a communications protocol in a private network (either an intranet or an extranet).
- A VPN server to server connection extends the intranet or extranet to span multiple networks.
- CuteFTP Pro provides businesses with a cost-effective alternative to VPN, WAN and Extranet deployment and administration for secure data delivery.
- Extranet also know as router to router VPN. Two networks are connected using VPN through servers that run R&R access.
- An extranet uses the public Internet as its transmission system, but requires passwords to gain access.
- An EXTRANET is a semiprivate network that uses Internet technology so more than one company can access the same information.
- The three types of networks are: the Internet, the intranet, and the extranet.
- An extranet can be viewed as part of a company's Intranet that is extended to users outside the company (e.g.: normally over the Internet).
- Cequrux Technologies BV - Provides firewalland VPN security software for internet, intranet and extranet applications.
- Extranet - a network connecting a group of entities using Internet protocols, but being separate from the Internet.
- An extranet is a private network that uses Internet protocols and public telecommunications lines.
- The main purpose of an extranet is to share information with individuals or groups outside a company, such as suppliers, customers and partners.
- Extranet A network using internet protocols that allows external organizations (for example customers or suppliers) access to selected internal data.
- Extranet - A website offering secure access to suppliers, partners and clients to share corporate information.
- An extranet is a mechanism based on Internet and Web technology for communicating both privately and selectively with your customers and business partners.
- Installing Internet connections, (internet, extranet, intranets and DMZ's) Unix servers and Unix Firewalls or NT for various branches of several companies.
- InSiteLogic - Provides design, branding, custom graphics and application development for the Internet, Intranet and Extranet.
- The Internet is not considered to be a part of the intranet or extranet, although it may serve as a portal for access to portions of an extranet.
- Remote access so off-site employees can access the intranet and suppliers and partners can access the extranet.
- Web server Software that provides services to access the Internet, an intranet, or an extranet.
- When part of an intranet is made accessible to customers, partners, suppliers, or others outside the company, that part becomes part of an extranet.
- Our purpose was publish a book that would to help enterprises move their Data Warehouses and Data Marts to the Internet, Intranet and Extranet.
- Information Technology > Computers > Internet > Intranet
- Business Partners
- Information Technology > Computers > Internet > Internet Protocols
- Information Technology > Computers > Internet > Access
Books about "Extranet" in