Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "Fifty Years"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- For fifty years, the James Bond novels and movies have varied from realistic spy drama to outright science fiction.
- For over fifty years, The Chronicles of Narnia have transcended the fantasy genre to become part of the canon of classic literature.
- After fifty years, the dissemination of Tibetan Buddhism in the modern world is no longer in its infancy, but has reached a crucial intermediate stage.
- The next fifty years were lean ones for Kamchatka.
- FOR nearly fifty years, the Museum of Welsh Life in St Fagans has been bringing five centuries of Welsh history to life.
- Open the first page and embark into the world of Goethe, there is little wonder why faust took fifty years to complete.
- The most important transformation of society for Marxists has been the massive and rapid growth of the proletariat in the last two hundred and fifty years.
- Fifty years ago there was not a member or preacher among the thousands in the Methodist Episcopal Church that thought of having a pewed church.
- The Peace of the Pyrenees (1659) ended fifty years of warfare with France, whose king, Louis XIV, found the temptation to exploit weakened Spain too great.
- Edward III., in his long reign of fifty years, carried the British flag over the fields of France, and won immortality at the battles of Crecy and Poictiers.
- Fifty years ago this month, on 29 May 1953, two men, New Zealander Edmund Hillary (b.
- It was said that he lived more in fifty years than most men do in three-score and ten.
- In parts of Spain, fifty years ago a child would not use tú but usted to address a parent.
- Richard Bach made that pledge, fifty years before, to return to the frightened child he used to be and teach him everything he had learned from living.
- Son of Datames and father of Ariarathes I and his brother Holophernes, Diodorus tells us that he governed fifty years.
- As the son of Poseidon, god of the sea, Percy is a child mentioned in The Great Prophecy, a prophecy that is given by the Oracle every fifty years.
- Monetary policy Main article: Monetary policy The U.S. effective federal funds rate charted over fifty years.
- Composed of those members of the Fraternity who have been members of Theta Chi or their preceding local fraternity for a total of fifty years or more.
- Even today, fifty years later, official files on the ghost rockets are still classified documents.
- The Russian ambassador tried the drink; he did not care for it and rejected the offer, delaying tea's Russian introduction by fifty years.
- Hidden transmitter hunting has been done by hams for about fifty years and it is a growing activity.
- The company has fifty years of production expertise in amino acids including L-Isoleucine.
- This week researchers announced that a storm is coming--the most intense solar maximum in fifty years.
- The same trusted resource physicians and students have turned to for over fifty years: Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine.
- Fifty years ago Pattaya was a sleepy little fishing village, dwarfed by her neighbors to the North, Na Klua, to the South, Rayong.
- Gauss presented his golden jubilee lecture in 1849, fifty years after his diploma had been granted by Helmstedt University.
- One hundred and fifty years after the Third World War, the members of the Morrow Project wake to a strange world.
- Musunuri Nayaks recaptured Warangal from the Delhi Sultanate in 1326 CE and ruled for fifty years.
- It has been run by a staff of dedicated young men and women to provide a pristine outdoor environment for young boys for over fifty years.
- Among the thinkers exploring similar ideas, one can mention Erasmus, Thomas More, and Guillaume Budé, all working about fifty years before Montaigne.
- No goaltender has ever won the award; Bill Quackenbush and Red Kelly are the only defensemen to do so, and no defenseman has won in over fifty years.
- In the 1940s the legendary Slim Dusty embarked on a country music career that spanned over fifty years and over 100 albums.
- During the next fifty years, Telugu inscriptions appeared in the neighboring Anantapuram and all the surrounding regions.
- Jacobs edited his Book of Concord at least fifty years earlier than Tappert did.
- Little can be said about the pottery’s output for the first fifty years, as pieces do not carry any form of identification.
- Dancing through time : the first fifty years of Canada's Royal Winnipeg Ballet.
- Now fifty years old, Martin announced his 'Salute To You (fans) Tour' in 2004, as the 2005 season was supposed to be his final season.
- Engagement rings from bygone eras of a century to fifty years old are very attractive jewelries and popular among women for their expression of romance.
- Such was the death of Valens, when he was about fifty years old, and had reigned rather less than fourteen years.
- For the last fifty years, the United States has led the field of aviation.
- However, no matter what they're called, four basic styles account for the majority of figure- shaping garments worn in the last fifty years.
- The last fifty years has also seen French cultural identity "threatened" by global market forces and by American " cultural hegemony ".
- First, they provide a succinct explanation of the work done over the past fifty years on studying the Nash Equilibrium.
- The Duke of Edinburgh has supported the Queen in her role for the past fifty years.
- These objects may look rather special but they have played an outstanding role in geometric topology for the past fifty years.
- However, after he left home to pursue spiritual enlightenment, Siddhartha spent most of the next fifty years of his life travelling around india.
- The subgroupings of the Nahuan dialects and languages have been the subject of discussions among linguists for the past fifty years.
- The computer languages of the last fifty years have come in two stages, the first major languages and the second major languages, which are in use today.
- The technology to get astronauts to LEO has existed for nearly fifty years.
- The Last Fifty Years In the last fifty years the Los Angeles area has lost much of the industry it developed earlier in the century.
- Afternoon tea became popular about one hundred and fifty years ago, when rich ladies invited their friends to their houses for an afternoon cup of tea.
- Tea remained popular in France for only about fifty years, being replaced by a stronger preference for wine, chocolate, and exotic coffees.
- This popular, easy-to-use orienteering handbook has been helping people find their way for more than fifty years.
- Saperavi (red) produces substantial deep red wines that are suitable for extended aging, perhaps up to fifty years.
- More than fifty years ago, a show about New York City changed musical theatre forever.
- For example, fifty years ago the Xeelee disrupted the Ghost and human expeditions which crossed the Universe in search of a fragment of quagma.
- Science studies has been a feature of academic life in English-speaking countries for more than fifty years.
- More than fifty years ago one musical changed theater forever.
- A complete list of the works performed by the orchestra during the past fifty years provides a significant record of changing trends in musical tastes.
- Hidden transmitter hunting (T-hunting) has been done by hams for over fifty years and is best described as hide-and seek with radio gear.
- And so, for about three hundred and fifty years, the Spaniards tried their best to christianize the Indios and annihilate the Moros.
- Arminianism was officially recorded and presented to Dutch leaders in 1610 A.D., about one hundred and fifty years before the development of Wesleyanism.
- It was a village with no more than a 3000 people until fifty years ago, when development came its way, as Bilbao expanded.
- Over the past fifty years, reasearchers in diverse scientific fields have studied the Monte Carlo method and contributed to its development.
- The CT scans of the mummy believed to be Hatshepsut suggest she was about fifty years old when she died from a ruptured abscess after removal of a tooth.
- For over fifty years John Wesley covered around 250,000 miles, largely on the back of a horse, preaching the Gospel the length and breadth of Britain.
- Voldemort - Once a student named Tom Riddle who attended Hogwarts fifty years before Harry, Voldemort became the most powerful dark wizard ever.
- Ahmad Shah's successors governed so ineptly during a period of profoundunrest that within fifty years of his death, Afghanistan was embroiled in acivil war.
- These coins had been introduced through Manila over a period of two hundred and fifty years, arriving on ships from Acapulco in Mexico.
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Nature > Life > Death
- Thirty Years
* Crown Copyright
* Duke Ellington
* Grand Ole Opry
* Look Back
* Minke Whales
* Nuclear Fission
* Roman Republic
* Soviet Union
* Thirty Years
* Twelve Years
* Year 2000
Books about "Fifty Years" in