Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "First"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- First, the idea of this game even being a race is sketchy at best.
- First, A makes a false representation of fact to B or to a group of which B was a member.
- First was an international conference on "Socially Engaged Buddhism and Christianity" hosted by DePaul University in Chicago from July 27 to August 3, 1996.
- First is a child form who later is stolen by Cibo and used until 10 years is over.
- First is a 75 minute flight from Bali (DPS) to Ujung Pangdang (UPG - also called Makassar), a city on the island of South Sulawesi.
- The Battle of Talas River near Tashkent in July is the first recorded encounter (and the last) between Arab and Chinese forces.
- France finished fourth in March, first in July, and sixth in September.
- Name the first two humans to set foot on the moon.
- On July 20, 1969, astronauts Neil A. Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin became the first people to set foot on the moon.
- Neil Armstrong was the man who made history by being the first man to set foot on the moon.
- He won three of the first eight races of the season and resumed the points lead, but faded back to fifth in the standings.
- Their troubles dropped Johnson, who has won two races this season, from first to third in points.
- Harvick is first in driver points, Bowyer is fifth and Burton is sixth.
- Button, in his first season with McLaren, claimed the points lead after winning last month's Chinese GP -- his second victory of the season.
- Although he failed to win in his first season with the team, he had six top-fives and finished third in points.
- During its first season, the El Paso Rumble folded and the league oversaw operations of the team until the end of the season.
- He has never openly admitted what the first record he bought was, but his first "cool" album was Jimi Hendrix.
- Man-Made represents the first record recorded by the band in the States, this time produced and mixed by John McEntire (Tortoise) in Chicago.
- The band didn't just want to write another album of songs that were like those on their first record.
- The band scored a record deal with EMI after just that short period of time and was set to record its first album.
- By the time of their first album release Ian Stewart was "officially" not part of the band, though he continued to record and perform with them.
- Anderson sang with the band for a year and performed on their first album, departing in October 1966 after the birth of her first child.
- The game marked the first Olympic final for the United States since losing at Seoul 1988.
- Three years ago at Wimbledon, Soderling extended Nadal to 7-5 in the fifth set in the third round after losing the first two sets.
- Only one team has ever come back from losing the first two LDS games at home to win the series.
- After losing the first match, Agassi came back to defeat Ivanisevic in the next two matches, but lost the next match.
- Sharapova, playing in her first match since losing to Serena Williams in the Australian Open final, struggled with her serve.
- During all of the group stage matches, Del Piero started on the bench, coming on twice; first as a substitute late in game in the first match with Ghana.
- There's also a lot of information about the history of Tregaron's trotting races, including previous winners going back to the first event in 1984.
- He has won one pole, coming in the first event of his 1989 championship season.
- In his first event of parallel bars, the 27-year-old posted the best performance in the event of the day, collecting 16.5 points.
- It first began in 1991 with the first event held in Henley-on-Thames attracting 200 competitors.
- Sharapova's first event of the 2008 season will be the J B Group Classic, formerly known as Watson's Water Challenge, which will take place on January 2-5.
- The first event was the Annual Hot Wheels Collectors Convention, normally held each year in the fall.
- In fact, he completed only one study, known nowadays as the "Etude pour Pianola", written in 1917, but published and first performed in 1921.
- During his reign, the first known book about tennis, Trattato del Giuoco della Palla was written in 1555 by an Italian priest, Antonio Scaino da Salo.
- As Richard Matheson's third novel, it was first marketed as science fiction (for although written in 1954, the story takes place in a future 1976).
- Numbers that indicate the order or position of something in a group or set, such as first, second, or fifteenth.
- In this case dental work must first be performed in order to ensure an ideal fit for the implant.
- The final quatrain will have the first and third lines of the first stanza, repeated as the second and fourth lines (either in order, or reversed).
- In three races this season, Kenseth has either finished first or last.
- Busch has finished first and third in his last two starts coming into this weekend's race, but that momentum will be tested.
- Kyle Busch finished last, but became the first driver to compete in all three of NASCAR's national series at three racetracks on the same weekend.
- Jaundice, if it occurs in the first few days after birth and then goes away by about a week of age, is not harmful.
- The first and last days of the holiday (first two and last two outside of Israel) are days on which no work is permitted.
- Black STARZ! is the first and only movie channel dedicated to showcasing Black artists 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Bile is stored in the gallbladder and is released when fat enters the first part of the small intestine (duodenum) in order to aid digestion.
- Bands of tissue called Ladd's bands may form, obstructing the first part of the small intestine (the duodenum).
- The common bile duct empties into the duodenum, the first section of the small intestine.
- So you have really got to hold on for the first part of the race and come back towards the end.
- It is connected by a series of ducts (tube-like channels) to the liver, pancreas, and duodenum (first part of the small intestine).
- Upper endoscopy enables the physician to look inside the esophagus, stomach, and duodenum (first part of the small intestine).
- In the first day of work in every race we start too behind compared to the riders that have already ridden in MotoGP on that track the year before.
- However, its earliest recorded date of use is August 4, more than a month later than the known July 1 first day covers bearing 1¢ and 3¢ stamps.
- Poila Boishakh, the Bengali New Year, is celebrated on the first day of the month of Boishakh (generally in April).
- On the first day, gymnasts compete with the first two apparatus; on the next day, they use the other two.
- The First Day of School Holiday is a simple and effective way to encourage greater parental involvement in education, starting on day one each year.
- A variant of this pattern of naming includes another letter which specifies the day of the week for the first day of Pesach (Passover) in the year.
- Pringles were first sold in the United States in October of 1968; they were not rolled out across America until the mid-1970s.
- The cantaloupe is a native of America and so called from the name of a place near Rome, where it was first cultivated in Europe.
- Nearly a decade and a half after he first came to America from Australia, Keith Urban has arrived in a major way as a global musical force.
- It should be clear from this work that, first and foremost, liberty is a moral principle, grounded in the nature of man.
- His vision, however, manifested itself first and foremost in his animated shorts and feature-length cartoons, which are loved by millions around the world.
- They are, first and foremost, books that tell a story, the story of how people lived and cooked at a particular point in time.
- If this kind of thing interests you I do suggest that you start with the first book in the series, 'Flashman', although each book stands on its own.
- The first book on caricature drawing to be published in England was Mary Darly's A Book of Caricaturas (c.
- The term "aqualung" as far as is known first appeared in print on page 3 of Jacques-Yves Cousteau 's first book, The Silent World (1953).
- Read more Published on May 15, 2003 by Clayton A. Blackwell One amazing read The first book of the series (Starfist: First to Fight) was great.
- The Farseekers, the second book in the Obernewtyn chronicles, proves to be an even better book than the first one, Obernewtyn, the first book in the series.
- The first direct reference to Snape being a bat or like a bat comes towards the end of the first book.
- Like millions of Shiites around the world, Qatif observes Ashura days (The first 10 days of Muharram, the first month in the Hijri Calendar).
- Patients were scheduled to come for weekly visits in the first 4 weeks and for visits every other week after the first month.
- In lunar religious calendars, Chaitra begins on the new moon or the full moon around the same time of year, and is usually the first month of the year.
- Recommended ages for prophylactic surgery range from within the first 6 months of life to 10 years of age depending on the mutation.
- Nalbandian had two new injuries in the first two months of the season when trying to come back from his hip surgery last May.
- Some of the characteristic behaviors of ASD may be apparent in the first few months of a child's life, or they may appear at any time during the early years.
- It was first released in Japan in 1988 and later in the United States and Europe in 1990 and 1991 respectively.
- Monteil did not invent the history of civilization, but he was one of the first in France, and perhaps in Europe, to point out its extreme importance.
- He then moved to Europe, settled in France and died in Paris in 1648, the first exiled Ethiopian Prince to live in Europe.
- In the first half of the season, he appeared lost without longtime sidekick Dany Heatley, scoring only once in his first 20 games.
- Earnhardt ran in the top 10 for a portion of the first half of the race, and has to hope this kind of finish can start to turn his season around.
- I just took care of my car the first half of the race and at then end, I just kind of jumped in the fire and hoped for the best and it worked out.
- The USSR was the first to put a human into space when cosmonaut Yury A. Gagarin made one orbit of the earth in Vostok 1 on April 12, 1961.
- On April 12, 1961, cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin not only became the first man in space, but also the first man to orbit the Earth in his Vostok 1 spacecraft.
- He was both the first and last of his group to go into space.
- On 12 April 1961, he became the first person in space and the first to orbit the Earth.
- The first person in space who had never been a member of any country's armed forces was Harrison Schmitt, a geologist who first flew in space on Apollo 17.
- Also consider the recent revelation that Yuri Gagarin was not the first person to orbit Earth as first claimed by Russia.
- Fever typically responds in the first two days of therapy and other symptoms resolve in the first week.
- The first occurred on the first week of October; Brutus faced Octavian, while Antony's forces were up against those of Cassius.
- Federer in SF, Roddick in F) in the first week of the season and won his 10th title in Rotterdam the following month, when he defeated World No.
- Serious congenital heart defects usually become evident during the first few hours, days, weeks and months of life.
- The win was the second of Spencer's career, coming just weeks after his first when he edged Ernie Irvan to win the Pepsi 400 at Daytona.
- Sometime in the first 2 weeks, episodes of severe cough develop and that can last 1 to 2 months.
- In his first year with the team he won two poles, one race, and finished ninth in points.
- Mexico, the first of 85 events in the first year. Others include more World Cup matches, NBA, college sports and Summer X Games.
- The team was hardly a success in its first year, finishing in 37th place and failing to qualify for a number of races.
- The thymus exports 2% of total thymocytes each day: this number decresaes of 3% per year during the first 3 decades of life.
- To acquire these capacities, the brain takes time to fully develop--a process that may take the first 20 years of life.
- Type 2 methemoglobinemia is much more serious, and usually causes death within the first few years of life.
- This transition occurs first in England and France around 1200, in Germany around 1220 and Italy around 1300.
- Spain seized a single influence in Germany, creating a three way tie for first (France, UP, Austria), with Spain in second there and also took the Baltic.
- Disappointed by the revolution in Russia, the couple continued writing and agitating for anarchist causes, first in Germany, and later in France.
- Towards the end of the First World War, panic buying in Britain prompted rationing of first [[sugar], then meat, for the rest of the war.
- Suny explains that during the First World War, the Ottoman Empire sided with Germany and was thus at war with Russia and most of Europe.
- At the beginning of the First World War, Japan assumed control of the Marshall Islands, first under civil and then a naval administration.
- The new group was first called Civilian, but changed their name to Audioslave before their first album was released.
- Was first introduced to the world on his father's (Masta Killa) first album "No Said Date".
- The first album in four years from the Derek Trucks Band was the first to crack Billboard's blues charts.
- It is the first of its kind in Iran and the second in the world after Turkey's rocky hotel.
- A gold medal in a time that would forever mark him as the first of his kind; the first to go below 15 minutes.
- These works are considered to be among the first major work of its kind in Malayalam.
- Sharapova, runner-up at Key Biscayne each of the past two years, is seeking her first title in the event and her first championship this year.
- The Colorado Mammoth, under first-year head coach Gary Gait, won their first title since winning the first ever title in 1987, as the Baltimore Thunder.
- He won at Motegi too, his first win there with a four-stroke bike, clinching his first title in 800cc MotoGP, sixth in premier category, and eighth in total.
- He was the first player to score 500 goals and the first to score 50 goals in a season when he did it in 50 games in 1944-45.
- He became the first player to lose a world championship match without winning a game since Emanuel Lasker lost to Capablanca in 1921.
- Federer is the first player to finish the year as a top two player in the world for seven consecutive years (2003-09).
- At the beginning of the first game, a spin of the racquet is used to decide who serves first.
- Parker was taken first in the WNBA draft by the Los Angeles Sparks, scored 34 points in her first game, and went on to be named Rookie of the Year.
- Dragon Warrior (the first game) was first released in the United States for the Nintendo Entertainment System in 1989.
- The Legend of Zelda, the first game of the series, was first released in Japan on February 21, 1986 on the Famicom Disk System.
- The First Encounter was the first game in the series which had been in the making since 1996 and had a video showing its early game play in 2000.
- Gilroy, 26, played his first game of the season on Friday after sitting the first two out as a healthy scratch.
- Portland becomes the first team in the 31-year history of the league to win four straight after losing the first two games.
- Sanchís and Martín Vázquez were the first to play for the first team of Real Madrid, making their debut at Murcia on December 4, 1983.
- It was also the first team to have animal-based mecha (widely used since), and the first to have two giant robots combine to form one powerful robot.
- Ambrose was in first place, Kasey Kahne was second, Kurt Bush occupied third, Kyle Busch was running fourth and Jimmie Johnson was fifth at the time.
- The race finished with Patrese in first place, de Cesaris in second and Piquet in third, and Piquet won the championship by two points.
- The United States finished the race in first place in a time of 3:08.24 and wins the gold medal and set a new World Record.
- First, they have been working with object-oriented technology for a number of years.
- He is the first player from the Academy to win a Grand Slam match and we have been working towards this day since we first opened the doors in 2005.
- The Polish pianist Theodor Leschetizky, who was working at the Conservatory at the time, was the first to notice the girl's talent.
- He spent two years in Italy, and published in 1888 his first major work, Renaissance und Barock.
- This book is the first to explore the life and work of Chris Ware.
- Beginning that year, Swiss men from the Valle Maggia -- Ticino's Maggia River Valley -- first went to work at on the dairy ranches of West Marin.
- The first few laps were a mini battle between the Yamaha team-mates as Lorenzo fought to hold off Rossi and look for a way past Elias at the same time.
- Spaniard Dani Pedrosa of Honda, third in the world championship behind Rossi and Stoner, failed to complete a lap, spearing off the track at the first turn.
- That first corner would shape the first few laps, as Stoner and Pedrosa gave chase to Rossi.
- At the start of the race, we went off in the first turn and I was determined to lead the first lap.
- Speedway officials decide to drop the first 20 laps from the race, and count the first lap as lap 21 to maintain the 500 in the name of the race.
- Stewart started on the pole for the first heat race, but crashed violently on the first lap in turns three and four, ending his night.
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Time > Years
- Encyclopedia of Keywords > Time
* First Crusade
* First Human
* First Man
* First Mortgage
* First Name
* First Published
* First Race
* First Round
* First Series
* First Set
* First Time
* First Woman
* First Years
* Neil Armstrong
* United States
Books about "First" in