Review of Short Phrases and Links|
This Review contains major "First Band"- related terms, short phrases and links grouped together in the form of Encyclopedia article.
- First band was called Rockmasters.
- His first band was the Roosters, a local R&B group that included Tom McGuinness, a future member of Manfred Mann, and latterly part of the Blues Band.
- His first band, the Chessmen, featured Jimmie Vaughan and opened for Jimi Hendrix.
- Her first band was The Go Team with Calvin Johnson that existed from 1985 to 1989.
- His first band was in 1982 during eighth grade and was named "Cuttin' Loose." It was a Neil Young and Rush tribute band that played only two shows.
- He formed his first band in the late 1930's and had his first hit in 1951, following the same Mississippi-West Memphis-Chicago trajectory Howlin' Wolf did.
- At age 13, Morello joined his first band; a Led Zeppelin cover band as the lead singer.
- He formed his first band at 17, but soon formed a trio which was named the Jeff Healey Band.
- Apparently, the first band billed as playing "jass" was that of trombonist Tom Brown.
- In 1934 he led his first band on an NBC radio series called "Let's Dance" (which became the title of Goodman's theme song).
- Apparently, the first band billed as playing "jass" was that of trombonist Tom Brown; the term "jass" was rude sexual slang (related to the term " jism ").
- Boston was the first band in history to make their New York City debut at Madison Square Garden.
- On November 27 at 5 p.m, Kings of Leon became the first band to be announced to play Oxegen this summer.
- Dave Derby first came to the attention of most folks by way of his first band The Dambuilders.
- The first band that my parents hated, and couldn't understand.
- He founded his first band in the late 1950s, working with, amongst others, Herb Geller, Bud Shank, Frank Capp and Bob Enevoldsen.
- Carter was born in New York, and after working with several bands including Henderson's and McKinney's, formed his own first band in 1932.
- At the age of 16, Marley formed his first band, "The Rudeboys", which later became known as "The Wailers".
- Friedman formed his first band, King Arthur & the Carrots while a student at the University of Texas.
- While at St. Mark's School of Texas, he formed his first band, The Marksmen.
- Todd Rundgren is a kid with his first band, the Nazz, and he's listening hard.
- She was influenced by Reba McEntire and formed her first band when she was 17 years old, performing at local rodeos.
- The appellation is accurate in that they were the first band to create successful and popular recordings of jazz.
- The first band to record one of his arrangements -- the jaunty “I Got Worry” -- was the Jimmy Joy Orchestra in 1928.
- Stone formed his first band in the early 1980's named March of Crimes, which introduced him to the emerging music scene in Seattle.
- The first band Gossard joined was March of Crimes, a band of which future Soundgarden bassist Ben Shepherd was a member.
- The first band Stone joined was March of Crimes, a band of which future Soundgarden bassist Ben Shepherd was a member.
- The Americus Brass Band was invited to perform at the Hollywood Bowl in summer 1999, the first band to perform in that venue in over 60 years.
- So it happened that during the first band the venue was still quite empty, people were at the bar instead of in front of the stage.
- In 1991, he formed his first band, Influence 13, with Kresge and Jade Puget, now of AFI. He formed Tiger Army in 1995.
- Simmons became involved with his first band, Lynx, then renamed The Missing Links, when he was a teenager.
- As noticed by Tom Verlaine, the Ramones become the first band in the world, playing white urban form of rock'n'roll.
- Vaughan started his first band, the Swinging Pendulums, at age 13, and was soon regularly playing Dallas nightclubs.
- The first band, "Julien Aklei and the Intolerables" provided a Gothic background suited to her singing about Telemachus and Odysseus.
- Even when she did form her first band, the Susan Tedeschi Band, in 1993, she was still only singing.
- It was while in university that she hooked up with her first band, Bass is Base.
- By his teens, Carl was playing electric guitar and had recruited his brothers Jay on rhythm guitar and Clayton on string bass to become his first band.
- Buddy Bolden organizes the first band to play the instrumental Blues (the fore-runner of Jazz).
- SRV: We were the first band to ever play that festival without a record out.
- The first band that Gene Krupa played with was the Thelma Terry band in 1927.
- Beneke said: "It seems that Gene Krupa had left the Goodman band and was forming his own first band.
- The Stanley Brothers are generally acknowledged as the first band after Bill Monroe & the Blue Grass Boys to play in the bluegrass genre.
- When Henderson formed his first band in 1922, his arrangements were heavily influenced by Paul Whiteman.
- Fletcher Henderson was the first band to play in New York City's renovated and renamed "Cotton Club".
- Fletcher Henderson led the first band that played there in 1923.
- Derek got his first paying gig at age 11 and formed his first band at age 12.
- Steve Miller started his first band, The Marksmen, at age 12.
- This was the period when everybody who was anybody in jazz had their own band, so Jack Teagarden decided to organize his first band in 1939.
- Claude Bolling organized his first band at 16 and cut his first records at 18.
- He left school by 15 and was in his first band, The Beachcombers; this was around the summer of 1963.
- In eighth grade, McCready formed his first band, Warrior, whose name soon changed to Shadow.
- Having picked up a second-hand guitar in 1985, and learning from Calvin Johnson, her first band was Lumihoops, with Sharon Berman and Jan Brock.
- Kid Colar took some informal lessons from Wooden Joe Nicholas, then started his first band in 1925 in New Orleans.
- In 1957, Bob joined Al Hirt at Dan's Pier 600 on Bourbon Street when Hirt formed his very first band.
- It was there that he formed his first band the Jades, and met Ken Koblun, later to join him in the Squires.
- Seals formed his first band, Son Seals and the Upsetters, in 1959, playing throughout Arkansas, Tennessee, and Mississippi.
- Charlie stayed at RCA and formed his band, the Kentucky Pardners, and Bill started his first band, the Kentuckians, at KARK in Little Rock, Arkansas.
- When he was 17 years old Clapton joined his first band, an early British R&B group, called "The Roosters".
- He became a drummer when he joined his first band with some friends because they called all the "good instruments" before Raynor could choose.
- Several months later, Cobain started his first band, Fecal Matter.
- His first band, Outrigger, was formed with his friends from high school.
- Music > Musicians > Bandleaders > Glenn Miller
- Fecal Matter
- Former Members
- Arts > Music > Singers > Kurt Cobain
* Glenn Miller
* Kurt Cobain
* Senior Year
* Third Day
Books about "First Band" in